GWT: Premier League Round 16

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Every pundit says it was generous but okay

Anyway knew something like that was coming after the missed chances.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lol that was not a 2 handed push. That same player had been muscling our defence around all game. It was a full on dive.

Where's the penalty on Williams for the push on Solanke?
It's a conspiracy to have Liverpool out of the top 4.

In the real world it was clearly a 2 handed push. Lovern was all over the man

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
All over him. Okay. You should stick to your misconceptions of Dybala's grandeur.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Terrible game from Klopp. Really horrible substitutions.

PK call aside, Mane’s selfishness cost them the points here.

Henderson was horrible today too.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lovren fighting the good fight.
Mad at the ref instead of mad at himself. Won't ever progress given his peewee mind.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Embarrassing game all around. How teams play like that I'll never understand. How refs let them off. How Liverpool don't bury more of their chances and Mane's selfishness.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Mad at the ref instead of mad at himself. Won't ever progress given his peewee mind.
We know he is bad but we know we are stuck with him.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
What an absolute joke of a penalty, and what an absolute joke of the style of football that Everton presented put out today.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He should be mad at the ref. Every pundit. They're talking about it even now. It was a clear dive, Lovren never extended his arm he just put his hand on his back.

Reward the teams that park 10 men in the box and then give them a dive for a pen. What a joke.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Mane lost them the game but you don’t take off your best player in a derby unless they are hurt and they didn’t need both Robertson and Milner on at the end. Also bring on Ings to play with a Solanke not make another like for like sub. You need more forwards not less.

Mane and Klopp terrible.

Lovren stupid.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He should be mad at the ref. Every pundit. They're talking about it even now. It was a clear dive, Lovren never extended his arm he just put his hand on his back.

Reward the teams that park 10 men in the box and then give them a dive for a pen. What a joke.
Dive or embellishment?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Dive or embellishment?
That was a dive. He wasn't fouled or going down already.

Seeing stuff like that is gross when you have much worse fouls not given constantly in games (not just Liverpool, in general). But team parking the bus with 20% possession makes one run with a player that's been physically battling the defence all game and holding his own and he goes down as soon as he feels Lovren there.

Pure dive. Pure garbage. We should have finished our other chances and I knew something like that was coming though.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If that's a penalty every set piece or tangle in the box is a penalty with the way they allow defenders to mug forwards for teams that actually spend time attacking.

Reactions: Savant

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I wouldn't give that penalty, but it was a clumsy and stupid move by Lovren I believe and you have to calculate the risk of conceding a pen every time you make physical contact with an attacker in the box. Ultimately, Liverpool are a flawed team as long as they carry around that midtable level defence, and it won't be enough for more than 4th-7th range.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Won’t be able to watch the Manchester Derby (stupid work meetings) but I can only see one of two results, a VERY low scoring 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 or a VERY high scoring 5-0 for City. And I’m a United fan. Without Pogba this team has been trash. Also seeing Herrera in the lineup I fully expect De Bruyne to be a non factor in this game like Hazard was when Herrera stuck to him all game

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Won’t be able to watch the Manchester Derby (stupid work meetings) but I can only see one of two results, a VERY low scoring 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 or a VERY high scoring 5-0 for City. And I’m a United fan. Without Pogba this team has been trash. Also seeing Herrera in the lineup I fully expect De Bruyne to be a non factor in this game like Hazard was when Herrera stuck to him all game

Depends on how in form Herrera is. The first time they tried that strategy against Chelsea, Herrera ended up with two yellows before half becuase he was half a step behind.

The next time he executed it to perfected and Hazard basically wasn’t playing.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Unfortunately not able to watch either due to work but I've got it on in the next room and it sounds fairly exciting so far..

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Depends on how in form Herrera is. The first time they tried that strategy against Chelsea, Herrera ended up with two yellows before half becuase he was half a step behind.

The next time he executed it to perfected and Hazard basically wasn’t playing.
I agree but Herrera has been pretty good recently. Maybe not in the form of his life like the second game but better than the first one. So I could see both scenarios and everything in between. Right now it looks like they aren’t playing that way. Which makes sense because City has so many players that can make plays and create magic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad