GWT: Premier League Round 16

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
wanna know why players dive, look at what just happened to Rashford.

Because he refused to go down, there was no foul, despite mangala being all over him.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
anybody notice the "US army" written where the scoreboard is for like 20+ seconds?. LT Smash would be proud that would fall under super liminal in his 3 step recruiting process sub-liminal, liminal and super liminal

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
wanna know why players dive, look at what just happened to Rashford.

Because he refused to go down, there was no foul, despite mangala being all over him.
That's not why players dive. Players dive to gain an edge in a situation where there was no foul. Players embellish to make sure refs see calls.

The thing is that soccer is a contract sport. If you can stay up under pressure you should. The ref will call it if it's too much contact, or should.

Reactions: Ar-too

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That's not why players dive. Players dive to gain an edge in a situation where there was no foul. Players embellish to make sure refs see calls.

The thing is that soccer is a contract sport. If you can stay up under pressure you should. The ref will call it if it's too much contact, or should.

In that situation Rashford was pushed out of bounds and gave up a throw. If, instead, he drops like a rock like others do (Herrera, Hazard, Jesus, etc) it’s called a foul 100% of the time.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Few things make me happier than players getting kicked hard while wasting time in the corner.

If there was a single tactic I could magically eliminate from the game, that would be it. Even more than parking the bus.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
United need to sell Mkhitaryan this winter if he can't even get in the squad over Scott f***ing McTominay.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Meh, when you spend more than a whole continent's GDP which includes about 80 million on two full backs, you tend to break records and lock up titles before Christmas. We're at the age that money buys championships and trophies. Moaninho blaming the refs again. :laugh::facepalm:

As for Arsenal, I would rather play a man down than have to witness Mertesacker ever playing again. Was solely responsible for Southampton's goal. Awful. Today was a game where Lacazatte was really poor, I don't know what Evilo saw in Ligue 1 with him, but he tends to have some dreadful first touches. Could've had at least four additional goals on the season if it wasn't for really poor first touch.

I was going to come in here and give a huge LOL to Arsenal for playing as pathetic as they did, but then I watched the Liverpool game. LOL to that. A wonderful goal by Salah, but Lovren putting himself in a bad situation. It was a weak penalty, but better players react differently to that type of play. They don't go into headstrong and let offencive players to take advantage of the situation. Not only that, but you could blame Klopp for not starting a higher potent attacking group. 23 ****ing shots and only 3 on target? It could be said that if Liverpool hit the net with at least seven to eight more shots, they would have scored at least one more goal. Liverpool have themselves to blame more than the ref.

Watched some of Saturday's games and Spurs looked dominant. I'm surprised why Son in such a good form didn't start against the Arsenal game? He's a player who absolutely would have taken advantage of Arsenal's dreadful defending. On the other hand Benteke is so pathetic as a professional footballer. How does he go home not scoring in like 12 straight games, has the game on the his foot to maybe spark a Crystal Palace out of relegation run, and completely whiffs on it while still feeling good about himself? Just pathetic, he doesn't deserve to play in the EPL let alone any other top flight footballing league like Ligue 1, Bundesliga, and Serie A. He deserves to play in 3rd tier Albanian league for me.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not a single cross in the box. :facepalm:
Arsenal are just laughable at this point in terms of tactical intelligence.

Ozil and Sanchez are supposed to be the creative players here. They didn't create anything. At least Sanchez is fighting. Ozil doesn't even try to take the ball back when he's stripped off the ball.
Ozil is nowhere near a WC player at this point.
Be in fear Evilo, there are strong rumours that after Wenger is done with Arsenal he wants the France head job and we all know his reputation will carry him.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
All over him. Okay. You should stick to your misconceptions of Dybala's grandeur.

Maybe, you should stick to your overrating of marginal players at Liverpool.

Also lol at every pundit comment. Fact is Liverpool lacked the killer mentality and the Pejorative Slur defender cost Pool another game. The ref had little to do with Lovern putting his hands on the attacker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad