Premier League 2021-2022 part III

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Every other league does this now. It’s so stupid to be against it. Let the “small teams” use it to give minutes to their youth players that then can develop them if they are so worried about it. Honestly I wouldn’t even mind a compromise where at least one of the “extra” subs would have to be for a u23 and/or homegrown player. What Dinosaur Dyche doesn’t realize is that Klopp (for example) doesn’t want the extra subs to show off squad depth. He wants it to have less minutes on his players. The irony of all of this is When it comes to PL owner net worth Liverpool isn’t in the top half to the table last time I checked. So it’s not like these teams CANNOT spend more. They choose not to just as much as the contrary. Not saying FSG are the financial good guys here, but LFC owners have less net worth than teams like Everton, Villa, Wolverhampton, Southampton, Leeds and Palace to name a few.
Versus Liverpool just playing whichever multi-million pound purchase is next in line?

That's some haughty, "Let them eat cake" energy.

I've said it before, I've moderated on my anti stance from restart, but the whining from Klopp and clubs of that strata (to be fair at this point it's pretty much only him) makes me not mind if they never implement it.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Every other league does this now. It’s so stupid to be against it. Let the “small teams” use it to give minutes to their youth players that then can develop them if they are so worried about it. Honestly I wouldn’t even mind a compromise where at least one of the “extra” subs would have to be for a u23 and/or homegrown player. What Dinosaur Dyche doesn’t realize is that Klopp (for example) doesn’t want the extra subs to show off squad depth. He wants it to have less minutes on his players. The irony of all of this is When it comes to PL owner net worth Liverpool isn’t in the top half to the table last time I checked. So it’s not like these teams CANNOT spend more. They choose not to just as much as the contrary. Not saying FSG are the financial good guys here, but LFC owners have less net worth than teams like Everton, Villa, Wolverhampton, Southampton, Leeds and Palace to name a few.

Some of this has somewhat changed as Liverpool have improved their squad. Right now, they have game changing subs to bring on. In the past, it was youth teamers. There's a gap between clubs who can do youth kids and full internationals.

I think 5 subs should be mandated, but I get why some clubs are against. That said, a more progressive manager (Dyche is clearly not) could find a way to use 5 subs to his advantage even if he did not have the budget. I think there is some concern monetary wise, as more subs mean more appearances, which means more money spent on players.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Versus Liverpool just playing whichever multi-million pound purchase is next in line?

That's some haughty, "Let them eat cake" energy.

I've said it before, I've moderated on my anti stance from restart, but the whining from Klopp and clubs of that strata (to be fair at this point it's pretty much only him) makes me not mind if they never implement it.

He's willing to say what he thinks. He does whine, but others are certainly feeling the same (Tuchel, Pep, Ragnick).

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Reminder that Arsenal do not have any mid week European fixtures either

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Pep did great everywhere he's been.... While getting a top 2 team at the very least.

Well in actual fact with Barcelona he got a third place team that was 18 points off of first place the prior season. On top of that it was a team clearly in decline, he jettisoned top rated players and had zero experience in a big league. Looking at City, he inherited a third place team that was 15 points off of first place the prior season. I agree though, he’s done a great job everywhere he’s been.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He started his job with the GOAT and several world class players. Did awesome.
He moved to the best team in the world, with a HUGE financial advantage in the league. He did great, failed in Europe.
He then moved to the richest team in the world, did great and failed in Europe.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
What a twat.
Klopp is 95% happy-go-lucky cheeky chappy, and 5% twat.

It was like when I read his biography and one of his players at Dortmund talked about him slapping another player on the training ground, and I was like WTF, why have I never heard this before?

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Just spotted one of the Glazers on the grid at the Bahrain GP. Nice to see them make an effort to attend a sporting event outside the US.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad