Post-Game Talk: Preds @ Toronto 6:30 PM - Bare Bones Time to rake the Leafs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
The team in front of Maz deserves some blame too. :shakehead

Sure. And honestly I'd say more blame needs to go on Lavy for playing Mazanec than on Mazanec for playing poorly. Lavy knows how poor a goaltender Maz is, and it isn't like he went to the AHL and played lights out. He was pathetic there, too.

Mazanec is still bad. He doesn't need to be our back up.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Just a **** poor effort all the way around. Maz was awful, of course. But the team was awful too. We had no juice, no push, no energy and I counted a ton of lazy individual efforts from our top end players that led to bad results....

Just a pathetic, embarrassing performance.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Sure. And honestly I'd say more blame needs to go on Lavy for playing Mazanec than on Mazanec for playing poorly. Lavy knows how poor a goaltender Maz is, and it isn't like he went to the AHL and played lights out. He was pathetic there, too.

Ultimately, Poile is at fault for signing the guy in the first place. I would really like to see our so called goalie coach replaced. He is worthless.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
I blame PL.

I think he's lost the locker room which has been MO as a coach. Let's start back to last game bass fighting in a blowout game where should've laughed and said scoreboard. No concern for retaliation by PL.

This game he starts Maz, the fisher starts a fight to rally the team not bass. We lose fisher for a period.

I'm starting believe there's the PL loses the room talk we've heard from previous teams.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge

Maybe this was an intentional exhibition to make us appreciate Pekka a bit more :laugh: Back to the whisky for me...

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
I blame PL.

I think he's lost the locker room which has been MO as a coach. Let's start back to last game bass fighting in a blowout game where should've laughed and said scoreboard. No concern for retaliation by PL.

This game he starts Maz, the fisher starts a fight to rally the team not bass. We lose fisher for a period.

I'm starting believe there's the PL loses the room talk we've heard from previous teams.

Is this a joke?

Team has been playing lights out 4-0-2 in their last 6. Only mistake is starting Mazanec.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Maz was a stop gap till Saros was ready. A guy to sit on the bench and watch Rinne play. I am fine with him sitting on the bench and getting called up and down so Saros can play when we need him to.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Maz was a stop gap till Saros was ready. A guy to sit on the bench and watch Rinne play. I am fine with him sitting on the bench and getting called up and down so Saros can play when we need him to.

Maz is no stop gap - he doesn't stop anything. They will need the backup to win some period. Poile should have brought in a veteran over the offseason. It was a mistake by him not doing that.

Mypetrobot

sua sponte
Jun 22, 2013
Is this a joke?

Team has been playing lights out 4-0-2 in their last 6. Only mistake is starting Mazanec.

No.

PP is still weak. Passing is weak. Even with Weber gone leadership starts from the top down and that's weak.

It's been that way even through 4-1-2 stretch.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Hey look on the bright side guys. Subban looked amazing out there (team leading 68% possession with him on the ice).

Arvidsson continues to look amazing jheeze.

Also, it really looks like Fiala would help out if he was up.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Honestly I expected a lot of goals with Maz in net. I can not believe Lavy put him in after his stint in Milwaukee. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise and he won't start anymore.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Whatever. I'm putting this behind me and hoping Rinne is fine. If he is this game won't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
As someone mentioned earlier today, this organization's faith in Maz is baffling. I understand that Hutton wasn't a fit going down the road because of Saros but I don't understand how it's more vital that Maz gets starts over him. Even if Saros was in net it would be experience for him. There is zero potential for Mazanec moving forward with this club. Get him some starts in general, much less when you need someone to make a spot start.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
If it weren't for this goalie, the game would've been totally different.

Last edited by a moderator:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
As someone mentioned earlier today, this organization's faith in Maz is baffling. I understand that Hutton wasn't a fit going down the road because of Saros but I don't understand how it's more vital that Maz gets starts over him. Even if Saros was in net it would be experience for him. There is zero potential for Mazanec moving forward with this club. Get him some starts in general, much less when you need someone to make a spot start.

I said before they chose that Hellberg was a better goalie than Maz and I don't know why they chose Maz over Hellberg.

Hellberg is struggling in the AHL this year but was really solid last season and it's not like Maz did anything other than suck in the AHL for his two game stint either.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Just a **** poor effort all the way around. Maz was awful, of course. But the team was awful too. We had no juice, no push, no energy and I counted a ton of lazy individual efforts from our top end players that led to bad results....

Just a pathetic, embarrassing performance.
Yes, everything, yes! The only guys that showed any life were Arvidsdon and Neal. The rest looked like they were sleepwalking out there.

the fisher starts a fight to rally the team not bass. We lose fisher for a period.

Fisher started a fight because of the hit from behind on Forsberg. He was sticking up for his teammate, not trying to start some rally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad