Post-Game Talk: Preds @ Hawks 4/12 7:30 The Finish Strong Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Forsberg scored a hat trick and set a new Preds record, but this was the highlight of the night for me:

View attachment 850804
Too much top spin on the toss. He needs to change that wrist angle and have a higher release point. Get the elbow up!

Congrats to Fil and the Preds on the win!

Beating Chicago in any sport always makes me happy.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'm guessing there wasn't a morning skate since we played out of town last night?

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Had stastney had a bad game yet?
You didn't ask me but the answer is no. His skating is crazy good but the most impressive part is his backward to forward transition as someone is trying to beat him 1v1. I'm notbsure exactly how he does it but he actually gains speed through that transition and does not get beat, it's mind boggling.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
A quick example of Stastney's transition speed was when Stastney was 1v1 against a Hawk player. Stas held his gap perfectly so the Hawk player sent a soft dump into the corner behind Stas and went to retrieve it. Schenn should have been the player to go to the corner and pick up the puck, but, as we all know, Schenn is stupid slow so Stas just made his turn and proceeded to beat both Schenn and the Hawk player to the puck.

I can't express enough how impressive this is.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
You didn't ask me but the answer is no. His skating is crazy good but the most impressive part is his backward to forward transition as someone is trying to beat him 1v1. I'm notbsure exactly how he does it but he actually gains speed through that transition and does not get beat, it's mind boggling.
So smooth. Elite skater

Reactions: nine_inch_fang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad