WJC: predictions summer tournament (9-20 aug)

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
^Agree, SJ...^

Any other year, if we lost this many players, I'd be really concerned, but I am amazed at what's left. As per Mark Masters (I don't know how to copy/paste tweets)...

Roy - McTavish - Bedard
Johnson - Stankoven - Foerster
Othmann - Greig - Dufour
Cuylle - Desnoyers - Gaucher
Ostapchuk - Kidney

Sebrango - Zellweger
O'Rourke - Cormier
Seeley - Thompson
Lambos

Garand
Brochu

Cossa

That's a heck of a team.
I agree, pretend for a minute you didn’t know who the players were who aren’t joining this team for various reasons, and you saw this roster posted. Your first thought would likely be, wow, that’s a heck of a roster sprinkled with players who all have top 6-9 F potential in the NHL and all the D can be argued to have NHL upside. Of course not everyone will end up making the NHL, which is even the case with the most stacked rosters we’ve seen in the past. But this is still a very good team with 4 lines that can hurt you offensively, and with good goaltending on paper. Will they win gold? Hard to say, all other countries are so good and talented themselves these days that you can take your best team possible and it’s still not a given in 2022. So much quality globally. Riley Kidney is a good hockey player and he’s one of your extra forwards, that to me signals how deep your program is.

Reactions: majormajor

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I agree, pretend for a minute you didn’t know who the players were who aren’t joining this team for various reasons, and you saw this roster posted. Your first thought would likely be, wow, that’s a heck of a roster sprinkled with players who all have top 6-9 F potential in the NHL and all the D can be argued to have NHL upside. Of course not everyone will end up making the NHL, which is even the case with the most stacked rosters we’ve seen in the past. But this is still a very good team with 4 lines that can hurt you offensively, and with good goaltending on paper. Will they win gold? Hard to say, all other countries are so good and talented themselves these days that you can take your best team possible and it’s still not a given in 2022. So much quality globally. Riley Kidney is a good hockey player and he’s one of your extra forwards, that to me signals how deep your program is.
Amen, brother.

Looking at the forwards and goaltending, I could not be more pleased - Othmann, Cuylle, Gaucher - all terrific. Then there is our top line.

This is one heck of Team B.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leviathan899

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Amen, brother.

Looking at the forwards and goaltending, I could not be more pleased - Othmann, Cuylle, Gaucher - all terrific. Then there is our top line.

This is one heck of Team B.
100%, there’s a really nice blend of talent on this team that can provide various roles. I think there’s elite talent sprinkled in with players like the three you mentioned who are all skilled but can play heavy and rugged. Can compliment some of the more skilled players nicely. One kid I’m intrigued to see at this level is Foerster. Foot speed needs work for sure but can he ever rip the puck, put him with two guys who skate well and can find him, he could score a lot here. Intrigued to see how Dufour does as well

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
100%, there’s a really nice blend of talent on this team that can provide various roles. I think there’s elite talent sprinkled in with players like the three you mentioned who are all skilled but can play heavy and rugged. Can compliment some of the more skilled players nicely. One kid I’m intrigued to see at this level is Foerster. Foot speed needs work for sure but can he ever rip the puck, put him with two guys who skate well and can find him, he could score a lot here. Intrigued to see how Dufour does as well
Yup.

I have NO idea how good Finland is but posters keep saying, "They aren't missing any players = Gold Medal favourite."

Okay. Fair enough. Well, with Canada's lineup, if Finland wins Gold, they certainly earned it.

you would bet canada in a bronze medal game in hockey. thats brave
Ha, ha.

Last edited:

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Not to hate on Eye of Raa (granted, he only hates on Sweden to get your attention) but I can totally see them having troubles in the group, and get knocked out in the quarter finals

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Not to hate on Eye of Raa (granted, he only hates on Sweden to get your attention) but I can totally see them having troubles in the group, and get knocked out in the quarter finals
hates? we are missing lots of players and have monten as headcoach. Ljungman is the 1C ffs

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Group A:
1. USA
2. Sweden
3. Germany
4. Austria
5. Switzerland

Group B:
1. Canada
2. Finland
3. Czechia
4. Latvia
5. Slovakia

🥇Canada
🥈Sweden
🥉Czechia

MVP: Kent Johnson
Top Forward: Logan Cooley
Top Defender: Olen Zellweger
Top Goalie: Dylan Garand

All Star Team:

Johnson - Cooley - Kulich
Jiricek - Zellweger
Garand

Last edited:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Sweden and Finland in the final
Lekkerimaki with 30 seconds left in a 0-0 Game, Scores on his own net.
Secretely revealing his finland Jersey underneath, and celebrating with finland after!
(Only a few will get this joke, Still worth it)

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Canada is missing a lot of players from the December team, but still bringing a decently strong roster.

Definitely should be in medal contention but nothing is guaranteed in single elimination hockey.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Not Finland or Canada agaaaain it is so boring. But i bet on boring.

Definitly not Sweden . Monten sucks, he is Garpenlov light.
Bronze if they are beating all odds and get the hockeygods with them(we all know the hockeygods are from Finland so good luck with that).

So congrats to the Gold and Silver Finada and Canland!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad