Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Haha, forgot about the shortened season :laugh:

cm-26908-0508084d068fa9.gif

Is that even possible??

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Sounds like we'll get a chance to hear what the Flames' plans for Iginla are sometime next week.

“We determined internally the first day of camp we’re going to address that right off the hop and ask Jarome to do the same,” said Flames GM Jay Feaster of his captain who has just one year left on his five-year, US$35-million contract.

“We want to make sure everybody (in the media) is there, address it all at that time, and then neither party will talk about it again. Will that stop questions in Detroit and Colorado about it? No, but in saying that, it gives Jarome the ability to say he’s sorry but he already addressed it and won’t talk about it.”

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/01/10/flames-to-reveal-gameplan-regarding-iggys-future

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Sounds like we'll get a chance to hear what the Flames' plans for Iginla are sometime next week.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/01/10/flames-to-reveal-gameplan-regarding-iggys-future

Thats all good and well, but doesn't his plan predicate how well the Flames are doing? I mean if they really crash out of the gate...I can't see Feaster keeping the team together.

So, unless he gets signed to an extension we should probably trade him if we end up sucking.

FlamesFreak4

Oct 10, 2012
Calgary
Scott Cullen released his top 300 point predictions.
His prediction for Iginla?

48GP 19G 20A 39PTS -3(+/-) 26PIM 13PPP

Note: for those hoping/dreaming of Iginla continuing his streak of 30g /season, the only player Cullen predicts hitting 30+goals is Stamkos at 32.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Thats all good and well, but doesn't his plan predicate how well the Flames are doing? I mean if they really crash out of the gate...I can't see Feaster keeping the team together.

So, unless he gets signed to an extension we should probably trade him if we end up sucking.

It should, but I think a press conference would be a waste of time unless they plan on announcing something significant. Like a contract extension.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Scott Cullen released his top 300 point predictions.
His prediction for Iginla?

48GP 19G 20A 39PTS -3(+/-) 26PIM 13PPP

Note: for those hoping/dreaming of Iginla continuing his streak of 30g /season, the only player Cullen predicts hitting 30+goals is Stamkos at 32.

In honesty this is probably about right. Although, with a smaller sample size (48) you only have to get hot a couple times to put up skewed goal totals. I have a feeling a couple players will hit it.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Iginla not at practice. Precautionary measure with a tight groin. Not a good start... at all.

It seems like he takes every training camp off. Yet Iginla plays 82 games each year, so he knows what he's doing. He does train hard each off season.

JustChatting

Apr 14, 2012
I'm going out on a limb and saying that Iggy doesn't do so hot.

15g 17a for 32 points. I just don't see him doing that well. He didn't play overseas, and he normally doesn't do well in the beginning of a season. Who cares if it's a different month than Oct/Nov, it's still the start of the season.

I agree. That includes him getting 6 points in the last week or so when the Flames are already out of the playoffs.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
So much pessimism, damn. What's the definition of a person who claims to favour a single sports team but doesn't actually want to see them win?

JustChatting

Apr 14, 2012
So much pessimism, damn. What's the definition of a person who claims to favour a single sports team but doesn't actually want to see them win?

I think you are confusing somebody giving a prediction of results with saying they don't want the team to win.

When is the Parade

Grand Marshall
Nov 30, 2008
104th Avenue NW

So because someone says they feel the team is going to suffer as a result of "X" they are really secretly hoping the team doesn't win?

:amazed:

You know, you can watch The Usual Suspects a thousand times and Spacey is going to be Kaiser Soze regardless of how badly you want the script to change.

We've seen this script before, and it has resulted in the same outcomes, so I don't think it is unreasonable to expect another similar outcome. Pointing that out does not make you less of a fan or mean you are hoping for the team to lose. I actually think it points to someone being a more committed fan, recognizing the problems and still sticking with the team through thick and thin.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
So because someone says they feel the team is going to suffer as a result of "X" they are really secretly hoping the team doesn't win?

:amazed:

You know, you can watch The Usual Suspects a thousand times and Spacey is going to be Kaiser Soze regardless of how badly you want the script to change.

We've seen this script before, and it has resulted in the same outcomes, so I don't think it is unreasonable to expect another similar outcome. Pointing that out does not make you less of a fan or mean you are hoping for the team to lose. I actually think it points to someone being a more committed fan, recognizing the problems and still sticking with the team through thick and thin.

Agreed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad