Predictions for Iginla In This Shortened Season

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
We all know Iginla is a notorious slow-starter. I don't see any reason we he won't get off to a slow start again this year, especially considering he decided not to play overseas. What are your guys' predictions on his production this year. Let's assume it is a 48 game season.

I'm thinking something like:

48 GP - 18 G - 16 A - 34 PTS

Nothing special, but we need him to be in Iggy mode all year. I'm worried about Iggy this year.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
In a system that allows offensive players to play offense and to play with Cammy and Tangs I see it as

48 GP - 20 G - 25 A - 45 PTS

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
I would love to see him keep the 30 goal streak going but that might be a bit of a reach with 48-50 games. That first line will have to click for us if we are to make the playoffs

Im gona go with 18G 23A 41 PTS

Erka

Jan 6, 2013
I think he will get just under 1 point per game.

48 GP - 17 G - 28 A - 45 P

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
In a shortened season, with an offensive-minded coach, a HOPEFULLY better PP.. I would aggressively say:

48GP - 25G - 30A - 55Pts

I see Iginla having fun this year. He will not be as much of a 'target' this year with Cammy in the lineup the whole time. I don't think Iginla will have a slow start with a shortened season, his age will not be a factor, the new coach will energize him, and a better PP with Widemen on the point will all make it a productive season for Iginla.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I'm going out on a limb and saying that Iggy doesn't do so hot.

15g 17a for 32 points. I just don't see him doing that well. He didn't play overseas, and he normally doesn't do well in the beginning of a season. Who cares if it's a different month than Oct/Nov, it's still the start of the season.

Last edited:

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
If the last lockout was any indication of what happens when he gets extended time off, he won't blow us away by any means. However, I'm going to be naive, remain eternally hopeful that we catch him on a good streak for most of the shortened season and he cranks out 50-60 points.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
If the last lockout was any indication of what happens when he gets extended time off, he won't blow us away by any means. However, I'm going to be naive, remain eternally hopeful that we catch him on a good streak for most of the shortened season and he cranks out 50-60 points.

Unlike last time tho he will know what he did wrong last time , it was said that he put to much muscle on and ended being to slow.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002

Big difference in where is is in age though with those lockouts. First time he was a young (er) guy revving to go, this time around a guy his age can use the time off to recharge. I hope Iggy can find lightning in a bottle one last time, and put it all on the line this year.

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
In a normal season he would have to score 53 goals in 82 games, if the equivalent for a 48 game season is 30.

Crazy hard to do...

Very true but I can dream. If Cammy somehow gets put on his opposite wing I could see it happening as that will create space for both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad