Predictions for Hawks' Off Season Moves

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Nah.

I have been saying for some time now I am 100% sure Soupy will be back. This is just more proof of that. His tweets, he's coming back home. Literally. Can't wait to see
2-7
51-4
tvr-kempy

Boy how many "kid" or young D is this that can play but aren't good or we don't even know what we have yet...
Gus
Sved
Runbad
Pokka
Forsling

We have a lot of warm bodies that can fill in. How do you leverage those assets the best. IF we wanted to trade say 2 of these guys, we can't get a proven NHL player at say 2M since we don't have cap. So I think that is why we aren't trading them at this time.
Also, I strongly disagree with JD on this we aren't close to a contender and we aren't winning a Cup. Winning 1 round winning 4. IF you can win 1, you CAN win 4. We lose game 7 STL, they went to the conf finals and ran out of gas.
We can win a Cup this year on this backend, F core, and a healthy Crow alone I think. Pitt showed the way.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Also, I strongly disagree with JD on this we aren't close to a contender and we aren't winning a Cup. Winning 1 round winning 4. IF you can win 1, you CAN win 4. We lose game 7 STL, they went to the conf finals and ran out of gas.
We can win a Cup this year on this backend, F core, and a healthy Crow alone I think. Pitt showed the way.

We are certainly in the mix. We were probably a top 5 team last year that lost to another top 5 team in 7 games. I don't know how you can write off the Hawks this year. They are a legit contender.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
We are certainly in the mix. We were probably a top 5 team last year that lost to another top 5 team in 7 games. I don't know how you can write off the Hawks this year. They are a legit contender.

Absolutely. Much more legit if a few things fall into place (e.g. Campbell, Ship).

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
he owns a house here so that has to help with his financial situation no matter what.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Besides that, I doubt many teams are interested in handing out a big 35+ with an NMC. Chicago has that going for them too.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
A big thing for the Hawk could be if LA convinces Scuderi to retire (aka have him join the front office for 200k a year or so). This could give the team another 1.1 to use.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
A big thing for the Hawk could be if LA convinces Scuderi to retire (aka have him join the front office for 200k a year or so). This could give the team another 1.1 to use.

Should there be some kind of news by now about this? Or is it common that retirement announcements come later in summer?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad