Predictions for Hawks' Off Season Moves

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
We'll call this a dream scenario rather than a realistic one.

Sign Vesey, Shipachyov (1.5M), Sam Gagner/Vanek (950K), Campbell (2M)

Not even close to sure what Shipachyov would want.. his current contract was 2M USD i think. Sam Gagner/Vanek can give you a cheap points - and if it doesnt work out, you can waive him - someone like a Richards that is already getting paid via a buy-out is a good option.

Vanek - Toews - Schmaltz
Vesey - Anisimov - Kane
Panarin - Shipachyov - Hossa
Panik - Kruger - Hinostroza/Hartman/Motte

Keith-Seabrook
Hjalmarsson - Campbell
TVR - Kempny

Those #'s easily work, if you can get them to sign for that. I don't think Vesey comes. I don't think I would want Vanek even at .95.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I have posted several teams with costs showing we can do up to around 2.8 easily. So I don't know why you guys are posting this.

I just tried to do Soupy at 2.8 and it doesn't work. They can do like 2m tops unless Kruger is moved.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
If we fill in most of the remaining holes with our prospects (Schmatlz/Motte, Kero, Hartman, and Rasmussen) we will have about 4mil in cap space.

We can use it on a top 6 forward to go with Toews and Hossa for about 3mil, and have a 1mil Dman.
or
We can use it on a guy like Campbell for 3mil, and add a 1mil forward.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I just tried to do Soupy at 2.8 and it doesn't work. They can do like 2m tops unless Kruger is moved.

LOL then you are doing it very wrong. I have posted several team with him on it and no Shaw. 2.8 leaves 300K, approx. That includes the 3.0xM in bonuses etc.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
If we fill in most of the remaining holes with our prospects (Schmatlz/Motte, Kero, Hartman, and Rasmussen) we will have about 4mil in cap space.

We can use it on a top 6 forward to go with Toews and Hossa for about 3mil, and have a 1mil Dman.
or

This is correct. And I vote for a 4D over a winger. We can sign any winger, vet, for like 1.1 and hope we get it right and he can help. Better value for the 2.7-3.0M from Campbell if you ask me, which you didn't. You should have :).

EDIT: WAIT. shaw is NOT a top 6 winger the main board keeps crying and he is 3.9. How does one sign a top 6 W for 3.0 these days?

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
The non-qualified list is reading like a list of failed Hawks' defense prospects...

Dahlbeck
Clendening
Olson
Paliotta
Stanton

All of these guys now UFAs

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago

or

I'd take Campbell and a cheaper forward for sure.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
LOL then you are doing it very wrong. I have posted several team with him on it and no Shaw. 2.8 leaves 300K, approx. That includes the 3.0xM in bonuses etc.

You're right. Capfriendly failed to update number. Comes out to couple hundred K in space.

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
I've said Seabs+ to Boston for Pastrnak would be my dream. Two reports have Boston being asked for Pastrnak and 2 1sts for (one year of) Shattenkirk or Boston going nuclear with a QO of 7x7 for Trouba (giving up 4 1sts).

Aside from Seabs' NMC, maybe not so crazy? Has there been any rumors of Seabs being shopped? With the RD demand far out pacing supply, you'd hope we'd at least have some conversations.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
The non-qualified list is reading like a list of failed Hawks' defense prospects...

Dahlbeck
Clendening
Olson
Paliotta
Stanton

All of these guys now UFAs

So now that Dahlbeck and Paliotta are UFAs, it must be a sad day for the loud minority who constantly rail on Stanley. They've lost some core pieces in their odd little obsessive toolbox.

marco1475

Mar 17, 2015
So now that Dahlbeck and Paliotta are UFAs, it must be a sad day for the loud minority who constantly rail on Stanley. They've lost some core pieces in their odd little obsessive toolbox.

There are two sides to this.

The Bowman haters will point to this as proof of his "abysmal" drafting, because most of those players were drafted by him, couldn't make it on the Blackhawks and now couldn't make it on 7 other teams. Clearly they are not NHL players and Bowman shouldn't have drafted them.

On the other hand you can point out that Bowman managed to trade these "non-NHL players" and get something in return, which means he's pretty good at trading (crappy) prospects. Seeing as the draft is always a lottery, I like to think the ability to realize a prospect isn't working out and still being able to trade them rather than letting them walk without a QO is more valuable than being "lucky" when drafting.

But like I said, each camp can take this as ammunition for their hate / love of Bowman :nod:

HawkeyFanatic

Dec 15, 2007
N/A
?

What are you talking about. We can do about 2.8 in cash, besides bonus for '18. Use a cap calc and you would see what we have.

We can do upto 3

But that wouldnt allow room for depth - which is what this team needs to replace TT and Shaw, with players like Weise/Vanek/Sam Gagner, etc...

I think he signs for around 2.

HawkeyFanatic

Dec 15, 2007
N/A
I see the team getting a D (Campbell) and a veteran F that still has something in the tank for cheap:

Vanek
Gagner
Stempniak
Hudler
PA Parenteau
Purcell
Versteeg
Vrbata

Dark horse - Shane Doan - still not signed by Pheonix - has made alot of money and still wants a cup!

Who would you guys like? I guess, who takes 1M?

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Stan is bringing the band back together. Soupy, Ladd, Versteeg. You get a discount, you get a discount.. everyone gets a discount!

:sarcasm:

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
There are going to be a few UFAs that won't be excited about being unprotected for an expansion draft, maybe they get lucky and find a few one year options.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
There are going to be a few UFAs that won't be excited about being unprotected for an expansion draft, maybe they get lucky and find a few one year options.

I think this is likely. If you are a UFA, do you want to sign a 2-3 year deal if you don't think you are going to be able to be protected in the expansion draft? Why not sign a 1 year and be able to have a say on where you go? And as long as your only signing a one year deal, it's not that big of a discount to chase a ring. :naughty:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I think this is likely. If you are a UFA, do you want to sign a 2-3 year deal if you don't think you are going to be able to be protected in the expansion draft? Why not sign a 1 year and be able to have a say on where you go? And as long as your only signing a one year deal, it's not that big of a discount to chase a ring. :naughty:

This is definitely a very intriguing point, this could be a very positive thing for the Blackhawks. It could also end up hurting other franchises who will be forced to give NMCs to older players in order to lure them to sign.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Campbell on a one year deal makes sense but if someone gives him 3 years with a nmc.. Maybe Detroit.. Somewhere close to Chicago.. Can't fault him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad