Predict the Habs Record For December

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I hope its terrible so the lines get fixed and put back to what they were (Plek with Max, limited TOI against lesser lines for DD). Something like 2-8-1 should do it I would think, unless MT is far more dense than we thought he was. We know very well that this team can not win the cup with DD as #1 C, so us losing a lot this month is definitely for the greater good. If we go .500 or better, the lines wont change and welcome another 2nd round defeat due to offensive ineptness, despite having all the right personnels to be successful.

Your analysis is totally off. The previous lines were set for over 20 games. The mixing-and-matching the last two games isn't a sign from the heavens that Desharnais has magically gone back to #1 C. Everyone has been shifted around, not just Desharnais. Are they all now cemented in place? Of course not. It's disappointing how quickly some base their belief system on a 2 game sample.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Your analysis is totally off. The previous lines were set for over 20 games. The mixing-and-matching the last two games isn't a sign from the heavens that Desharnais has magically gone back to #1 C. Everyone has been shifted around, not just Desharnais. Are they all now cemented in place? Of course not. It's disappointing how quickly some base their belief system on a 2 game sample.

The likelihood MT stubbornly sticks with DD#1C is based on a 300-game sample. ;)

Thanatos

Mar 8, 2002
the midst of nowhere
Visit site
@ Carolina Win
vs Bruins Win
@ Detroit Post regulation loss
vs Ottawa Win
vs San Jose Loss
vs Los Angeles Win
@ Dallas Post regulation loss
@ Nashville Loss
@ Minnesota Win
@ Washington Loss
@ Tampa Win
@ Florida Win

A 7-3-2 record to finish off the rest of December.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The likelihood MT stubbornly sticks with DD#1C is based on a 300-game sample. ;)

Cute. We imagine everything staying the same, until it changes. This season is the result of an evolution of changes that started last year and continued this year. A two-game line shuffle doesn't wipe away all of that progress. If Desharnais remains on the 1st-line with Max for the next 20 games I'll get back to you.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Well that Canes game was one of the wins I figured the Habs would get this month but I'm not really surprised they lost to a bottom feeder yet again.

Points will be valuable this month and losing games you should win is gonna make things very tough for them.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Well that Canes game was one of the wins I figured the Habs would get this month but I'm not really surprised they lost to a bottom feeder yet again.

Points will be valuable this month and losing games you should win is gonna make things very tough for them.

If it's any consolation, Habs have lousy stretches of games even with Price in nets. I'll be fine if we manage to float around 500% until January.

Let's also remember that that our roster included Condon, Andrighetto, Carr and Thomas. There's only so many first-time goals and so much raw energy these guys can give us.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
how do you guys see the rest of december's 12 habs games playing out? The habs have to play some good teams plus that's a very tough road schedule to end the month. I predict a 4-6-2 record at best.

@ carolina l
vs bruins l
@ detroit l
vs ottawa w
vs san jose otl
vs los angeles l
@ dallas l
@ nashville l
@ minnesota w
@ washington l
@ tampa otl
@ florida w

3-7-2

void

Jan 5, 2006
They'll probably end up winning all of the games we think they're going to lose. Habs are weird like that sometimes..

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Well another game and another loss. December is going like I expected for the Priceless Habs. :(

1-4 in December since I started this thread. My 4-6-2 prediction would look good with the schedule they have left this month. I was counting on wins against the Canes and Sharks.

Last edited:

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
vs los angeles OTL
@ dallas L
@ nashville L
@ minnesota W
@ washington L
@ tampa L
@ florida W

2-4-1 something around that

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
@ Carolina - LOSS
vs Bruins - LOSS
@ Detroit - LOSS
vs Ottawa - WIN
vs San Jose - LOSS

Rest of schedule predictions:

vs Los Angeles - WIN
@ Dallas - LOSS
@ Nashville - LOSS
@ Minnesota - LOSS
@ Washington - LOSS
@ Tampa - WIN
@ Florida - WIN

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
vs Los Angeles - LOSS
@ Dallas - LOSS
@ Nashville - LOSS
@ Minnesota - LOSS
@ Washington - LOSS
@ Tampa - WIN
@ Florida - WIN

that means habs would be 1-11 in their past 12 games = Therrien Fired. I'm good with that prediction.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
Despite the fact that the players are working hard every games, I think the lack of talent upfront is catching up. It was to be predicted that Weise, Fleischmann and others could not continue producing at this pace. We have really good depth but we already needed another real top 6 forward even before Gallagher's injury.

Our defence is injury free and is pretty solid. However, Condon is not Price.

I expect low scoring games this month. Condon will have to be very solid against very good teams but we'll probably have to play Tokarski in some of these games.

Anything above .500 this month would be good.

Pretty accurate I would say. Yes I flatter myself.

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal

I agree that everyone has been shifted around, but the mixing and matching hasn't been just the past 2 games. It's been going on ever since Gallagher got injured, and one could argue our offensive woes are because of who's with who on the lines.

I'm not sure how many games it's going to take Therrien to realize that Byron is not going get Plekanec and Pacioretty out of their offensive slumps. The Fleischman-DD-Weise line has finally been reunited, but Therrien broke that line up for several games to try and get other lines to click. Weise was playing with Galchenyuk, and he's not a top-6 RW.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
With Price there's hope to fluke out a win. Now the only way seems running into a goalie that goes full Bernier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad