Predict the Habs Record For December

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
How do you guys see the rest of December's 12 Habs games playing out? The Habs have to play some good teams plus that's a very tough road schedule to end the month. I predict a 4-6-2 record at best.

@ Carolina
vs Bruins
@ Detroit
vs Ottawa
vs San Jose
vs Los Angeles
@ Dallas
@ Nashville
@ Minnesota
@ Washington
@ Tampa
@ Florida

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
How do you guys see the rest of December's 12 Habs games playing out? The Habs have to play some good teams plus that's a very tough road schedule to end the month. I predict a 4-6-2 record at best.

@ Carolina
vs Bruins
@ Detroit
vs Ottawa
vs San Jose
vs Los Angeles
@ Dallas
@ Nashville
@ Minnesota
@ Washington
@ Tampa
@ Florida

I think it might just be ugly.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa

@ Carolina win
vs Bruins win
@ Detroit lose
vs Ottawa lose
vs San Jose otl
vs Los Angeles lose
@ Dallas win
@ Nashville lose
@ Minnesota win
@ Washington lose
@ Tampa win
@ Florida lose
I believe it will be a tough few months. Thank god for the great start

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
50c6386994289.image.jpg

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010

@ Carolina WIN
vs Bruins WIN
@ Detroit WIN
vs Ottawa WIN
vs San Jose WIN
vs Los Angeles WIN
@ Dallas WIN
@ Nashville WIN
@ Minnesota WIN
@ Washington WIN
@ Tampa WIN
@ Florida LOSE

in quote

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

@ Carolina
vs Bruins
@ Detroit
vs Ottawa
vs San Jose
vs Los Angeles
@ Dallas
@ Nashville
@ Minnesota
@ Washington
@ Tampa
@ Florida

With the way we're playing I think we can beat any of these teams if we get just decent goaltending.

I think we can beat the offensively challenged Hurricanes on Saturday. Beat Boston and Detroit. Ottawa may be tougher with our current lineup. Then the Western swing and then Washington, Tampa and Florida again.

I easily see us finishing over .500, to be honest.

7-4-1.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
Despite the fact that the players are working hard every games, I think the lack of talent upfront is catching up. It was to be predicted that Weise, Fleischmann and others could not continue producing at this pace. We have really good depth but we already needed another real top 6 forward even before Gallagher's injury.

Our defence is injury free and is pretty solid. However, Condon is not Price.

I expect low scoring games this month. Condon will have to be very solid against very good teams but we'll probably have to play Tokarski in some of these games.

Anything above .500 this month would be good.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
Habs should win the first 4. Split the remaining 8 and the record is 8-4. What do I win?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
If we keep playing the way we have I think we'll go 8-2-2

I hope you're right. I think 8-2-2 would be tough to pull off even with an healthy lineup but if they could pull a record like that off without Price and Gallagher that would be quite the feat.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I would not bet against this group, they are a fine team, one of the best Habs teams I have seen in a long time. It is awful to be without Price but this team is still a really good one. Have Quenville stand behind that bench and we are dangerous.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I'd be happy with something like 5-5-2.

If the Habs without Price and Gallagher can play .500 hockey or slightly above until these guys return I'd consider that a success. I'm just afraid Condon will eventually wear down and start struggling a little like he did earlier this season for 3 or 4 games from his increased workload. He's held the fort pretty well so far so hopefully he can continue his decent play.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
4-7-1 would be my guess.

EDIT: Just realized now that I have predictions for 11 games instead of 12. I'm keeping my 4-7 prediction in tact and adding an OT loss.

Last edited:

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
@ Carolina - Win
vs Bruins - Win
@ Detroit - Loss
vs Ottawa - OT Loss
vs San Jose - Win
vs Los Angeles - Loss
@ Dallas - OT Loss
@ Nashville - OT Win
@ Minnesota - Loss
@ Washington - Loss
@ Tampa - Win
@ Florida - Loss

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
I hope its terrible so the lines get fixed and put back to what they were (Plek with Max, limited TOI against lesser lines for DD). Something like 2-8-1 should do it I would think, unless MT is far more dense than we thought he was. We know very well that this team can not win the cup with DD as #1 C, so us losing a lot this month is definitely for the greater good. If we go .500 or better, the lines wont change and welcome another 2nd round defeat due to offensive ineptness, despite having all the right personnels to be successful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad