More like...

Heatley - Sakic - Iginla
St Louis - Thornton - Nash
Richards - Lecavalier - Gagne
Maltby - Draper - Doan

TRask

Dec 8, 2003
Halifax
Meh, we have Thornton and Lecalvier for our scoring centers, I put Primeau in there for a checking role, if anything i guess ya could drop marleau to the extra spot and put sakic on a third scoring line with Bertuzzi and Smyth...

Maybe its just me but i love the sounds of a checking line of Maltby Primeau and Draper

PDO

Jan 12, 2005
Edmonton
If Maltby and Draper are there I will cry.

Nash - Thornton - Heatley
Kariya - Lecavalier - St. Louis
Smyth - Sakic - Iginila
Gagne - Richards - Bertuzzi

Pronger - Foote
Blake - Niedermayer
Brewer - Bouwmeester

Luongo
Broduer

I don't see Mario being healthy.. sadly.

eaton28

Feb 5, 2005
Nash- Thornton- Heatley
Kariya- Sakic- Iginla
Smyth- Lecavalier- St. Louis
Doan- Richards- Bertuzzi
*Gagne, Friesen*

Blake- Niedermayer
Jovanovski- Pronger
Hannan- Boumeester
*Foote, Morris*

Brodeur
Luongo

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Rick Nash - Joe Thornton - Danny Heatley
Todd Bertuzzi - Joe Sakic - Jarome Iginla
Simon Gagne - Keith Primeau - Shane Doan
Brad Richards - Vincent Lecavalier - Martin St. Louis
extras: Ryan Smyth, Patrick Marleau

Scott Neidermayer - Rob Blake
Chris Pronger - Ed Jovanovski
Adam Foote - Scott Hannan
extras: Robyn Regher, Wade Redden

Martin Brodeur
Roberto Luongo
Jose Theodore

Oilers1*

katodelder said:
D) Brewer: might not make the cut this time. was passed over for world cup. will get Lowe's support but must outperform other youngsters with a strong first half. enter Reghr, Redden, or Hannan.

Uh, Brewer was on the World Cup and was one of Canada's best defensemen.

Anyone who thinks a guy who made the 2002 team as a 23 year-old (and lead the defense corps in goals) then was a standout on the World Cup team, is going to be left off the 2006 roster for a Regehr should start opening the garage door before they start the car.

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
GagneOwnsYou said:
Because he has time and time again been a key and clutch player for Canada.
Exactly. One thing I don't get is how people put Heatley with Thornton and Nash. IMO, Gagne made that line click at the WHC. There's no way I'd take him off that line.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Bertuzzi. Lemieux. Heatley
Kariya. Sakic. Iginla
Smyth. Richards. St. Louis
Gagne. Thornton. Doan

Niedermayer. Foote
Redden. Blake
Pronger. Jovanovski

Brodeur. Luongo

Spares: Lecavalier, Marleau, Brewer, Theodore

I really don't think Nash is as good as everyone else seems to think. I'd probably throw him in as a spare but can't really find the room. Sure you shouldn't be playing guys like Draper/Maltby at the Olympics, but you still need guys who can play defense like Gagne, Doan, Smyth, Marleau.

time

Feb 26, 2005
I think Smyth may be the odd man out, particularly if Bertuzzi plays (and I think it is time that he does). I think Gagne has the inside track on Kariya and Nash is a lock. Canada'a only weakness is a lack of trigger men; and Nash is one of the best in the world.

Ultimately, injuries will decide the final line-up. No matter what way you slice it, this team is the clear favourite.

Anybody want to talk about the team in 2010? Canada is planning on winning the whole Olympics -- but nothing compares to whether or not the host country wins men's hockey gold.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What has Jeff Friesen done to warrant consideration?

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
time said:
I think Smyth may be the odd man out, particularly if Bertuzzi plays (and I think it is time that he does). I think Gagne has the inside track on Kariya and Nash is a lock. Canada'a only weakness is a lack of trigger men; and Nash is one of the best in the world.

Ultimately, injuries will decide the final line-up. No matter what way you slice it, this team is the clear favourite.

Anybody want to talk about the team in 2010? Canada is planning on winning the whole Olympics -- but nothing compares to whether or not the host country wins men's hockey gold.
Ryan Smyth is absolutely a lock. Waaay ahead of Nash or Gagne.

espo*

GagneOwnsYou said:
Because he has time and time again been a key and clutch player for Canada.
So has Kariya..........his international resume for Canada is just as impressive if not more so then Gagne's.

Hyped

Feb 27, 2002
Tombstone
Visit site
big_steve said:
Exactly. One thing I don't get is how people put Heatley with Thornton and Nash. IMO, Gagne made that line click at the WHC. There's no way I'd take him off that line.

Uhhh, there was once this line with Sakic, Iginla, and Gagne that dominated the 2002 Olympics. Why would you break that line up? :sarcasm:

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
2agingmonk said:
Ryan Smyth is absolutely a lock. Waaay ahead of Nash or Gagne.
I find this SO wrong. Smyth is a lock just because he's played for Canada for so many times? Who cares? Nash and Gagne are way more talented than Smyth so they should be prefered.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
bruins8152 said:
Meh, we have Thornton and Lecalvier for our scoring centers, I put Primeau in there for a checking role, if anything i guess ya could drop marleau to the extra spot and put sakic on a third scoring line with Bertuzzi and Smyth...

Maybe its just me but i love the sounds of a checking line of Maltby Primeau and Draper
I think you're out of your mind. Sakic is better than half of your chosen forwards. He is 10x better than Smyth, Maltby, Doan, Draper, Marleau and also quite a bit better than Primeau. This is the Olympics, played on the big ice surface we're talking about, not a garage league. Skills are very important in this tournament, even more than the World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad