GDT: Preddy @ Wild | "Grief Of A Predator" | 7.00 PM | FSN/KFAN 100.3

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Weber and Suter are still friends and Suter talked to Legwand daily during training camp; I expect Weber to come over and chat for a bit during warm-ups. I don't expect any fireworks between the two whatsoever, and I wouldn't expect anything of the sort from anyone else really. Maybe if Tootoo were still here.

my focus was actually on Konopka with that statement...I can't imagine there would be any animosity between Suter and Weber but Konopka has mentioned patrolling the warm ups more than once. He might misinterpret.

PredsFanFromla

Jul 10, 2010
louisiana
Exactly. lol I hope for this too. Pred fans want Weber to level Suter so we sure as heck want our guy to defend himself. Thus, Suter should get to Weber first. LOL

Suter and weber may be former d partners,the respect that they have for each other is still there,nethier of them will to harm one another

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
So apparently the Wild have created a new in-arena concession monstrosity called "Uff Da Nachos," in which they fill a replica helmet with nachos and then ladle Tater Tot Hotdish on top.

http://www.hockeywilderness.com/201...-nachos-may-be-the-most-minnesotan-thing-ever

I'm going to the game tonight and won't have time to eat beforehand. Knowing this thing exists will be a test of just how much I hate myself.

At the scrimmage I had their desert nachos variation. Pretty good. Tasted like you were eating giant Cinnamon Toast Crunch with chocolate drizzled over it with a maple mousse-like cream blobed on top. Need some people to share it with and for $15 I don't think I'd ever buy it but with food vouchers at the scrimmage I figured why not...

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
So apparently the Wild have created a new in-arena concession monstrosity called "Uff Da Nachos," in which they fill a replica helmet with nachos and then ladle Tater Tot Hotdish on top.

http://www.hockeywilderness.com/201...-nachos-may-be-the-most-minnesotan-thing-ever

I'm going to the game tonight and won't have time to eat beforehand. Knowing this thing exists will be a test of just how much I hate myself.

Best thing I've read all day. I literally 'lol'ed'

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Nachos_medium.jpg

What's that on top of the nachos?

E: Guess that's the Tatertortosasd thing. What's it like? To me it seems like somesort of, what we here call "jauhelihakastike", minced meat sauce.

Last edited:

rafterman

Dec 1, 2010
Flyover country
NJ's first line was Parise-Elias-Kovalchuk if I'm not fully mistaken.

Most of the season Henrique centered the first line with Zach and Kovy. Late season and playoffs that got bounced around a bit with Zajac/Zubrus/Clarkson/Henrique moving around on the top lines and (dinged up) Kovy spending time on the 2nd line with Elias.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Nachos_medium.jpg

E: Guess that's the Tatertortosasd thing.

:huh:

You can't be a Minnesota fan and not know what Tater Tot Hotdish is!

It's basically Minnesotan for "casserole", but with the specific caveats that:

- It always includes cream-of-something-or-other soup as a binding agent

- It always includes a lot of starch

- It always includes leftovers of some sort

Commonly found at potluck dinners in Lutheran church basements.

Here is the recipe on file with our US Senator: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/01/26/taconite-tater-tot-hot-dish/

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Great GDT.

Is Mason really starting for NSH?

Preds radio said Mason was starting but Josh Cooper (primary Preds writer for the Tennessean) said Trotz has not confirmed who would be starting; this was as of 20 minutes ago. I hope Peks starts tonight then against STL and takes ANA or PHX off.

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota
Didn't look too appealing to mee either but you never know. Could be delicious.

Growing up dirt poor, there were a few staples that I could get a lot of... for little cash.

Processed Cheese.
Elbow Macaroni.
Tater Tots.

Today... I hate Mac N Cheese, "Goulash"*, and Tater Tot Casserole. I can't even stand the smell of tatertots.

*Elbow Macaroni + Tomato Sauce + Beef

Even in College, I couldn't eat that crap without getting nauseous. Instead, I had a rice cooker...

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Nachos_medium.jpg

E: Guess that's the Tatertortosasd thing. What's it like? To me it seems like somesort of, what we here call "jauhelihakastike", minced meat sauce.

Tator tot hot dish.

It is tator tots, potatoes kind of like hash browns if you know what those are, mixed with ground meat, typically cow or turkey, and mixe with vegetables. Mostly corn, peas, green beans, and possibly carrots. Then you've got cheese and some cream-of-vegetable stuff that holds it together. I have never really paid attention. Its just delicious.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
:huh:

You can't be a Minnesota fan and not know what Tater Tot Hotdish is!

It's basically Minnesotan for "casserole", but with the specific caveats that:

- It always includes cream-of-something-or-other soup as a binding agent

- It always includes a lot of starch

- It always includes leftovers of some sort

Commonly found at potluck dinners in Lutheran church basements.

Here is the recipe on file with our US Senator: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/01/26/taconite-tater-tot-hot-dish/

Tator tot hot dish.

It is tator tots, potatoes kind of like hash browns if you know what those are, mixed with ground meat, typically cow or turkey, and mixe with vegetables. Mostly corn, peas, green beans, and possibly carrots. Then you've got cheese and some cream-of-vegetable stuff that holds it together. I have never really paid attention. Its just delicious.

Thanks. I wish I could find it somewhere here.

E: Thanks for the second reply as well.

Last edited:

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Growing up dirt poor, there were a few staples that I could get a lot of... for little cash.

Processed Cheese.
Elbow Macaroni.
Tater Tots.

Today... I hate Mac N Cheese, "Goulash"*, and Tater Tot Casserole. I can't even stand the smell of tatertots.

*Elbow Macaroni + Tomato Sauce + Beef

Even in College, I couldn't eat that crap without getting nauseous. Instead, I had a rice cooker...

Hahaha, Minnesota Goulash. I love that that dish exists universally in Minnesota but in no way resembles goulash in any other part of the world. I was baffled when I went to Hungary, ordered the signature Hungarian dish, and received soup. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad