Post-Game Talk: Predators (3-5-2) @ Coyotes (4-6-0). 11/3/16, 9PM. Cellar Dwellers Edition

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Yup, we better start scoring a crap ton of goals cause it's the only shot we have.

Give me a break. Rinne has a better SV% than John Gibson, Jake Allen, Petr Mrazek, Varlomov, Andersen, Bishop, is basically even with Martin Jones and is .002% behind Henrik Lundqvist.

Is he a top 5 or even top 10 goalie anymore? Probably not but having watched this season, being worried about him or blaming him for the losses we've had is ridiculous. This team is ****ing garbage at even strength and now the PP isn't bailing them out anymore (I partly blame this on the ridiculous 2 LHD and 2 RHD pairs we send out there.)

The only truly bad games he's had this year are Anaheim and San Jose. You could maybe make a case for Detroit but he faced 42 shots and had food poisioning, so he gets a pass on that one.

Once again, 14 even strength goals in 10 games. That as well as the PK should be the only things you're looking at for placing blame.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
We finally figured out how to play 3 on 3 and still couldn't win.

I was pleasantly surprised that they were willing to take the puck out of the zone to regroup instead of dumping it deep or trying to force a play at the blue line. Possession is huge in 3 on 3, especially since we look completely clueless how to play defense while playing 3 on 3, so holding the puck for pretty much the whole time was fine by me, even if we didn't get amazing chances.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Pekka will always make the first move and go down, then all the shooter has to do is not miss the net. That has been the book on Pekka his whole career.

Pretty ridiculous we couldn't take advantage of a hurting goalie in OT. Make him move side to side, instead we just pass, stop, pass, stop, pass, stop, giving the goalie all day to get set to the shooter.

Not nearly enough traffic in front of the AZ net tonight.

18 shots in a dominant first period. 19 the final 45 minutes, only 13 in the second and third periods.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Give me a break. Rinne has a better SV% than John Gibson, Jake Allen, Petr Mrazek, Varlomov, Andersen, Bishop, is basically even with Martin Jones and is .002% behind Henrik Lundqvist.

Is he a top 5 or even top 10 goalie anymore? Probably not but having watched this season, being worried about him or blaming him for the losses we've had is ridiculous. This team is ****ing garbage at even strength and now the PP isn't bailing them out anymore (I partly blame this on the ridiculous 2 LHD and 2 RHD pairs we send out there.)

The only truly bad games he's had this year are Anaheim and San Jose. You could maybe make a case for Detroit but he faced 42 shots and had food poisioning, so he gets a pass on that one.

Once again, 14 even strength goals in 10 games. That as well as the PK should be the only things you're looking at for placing blame.

I'm not blaming the loss on Pekka, he did play like **** though. A good offensive team would have buried far more of those rebounds and missed covers than Arizona did.

Yeah our forwards still aren't getting it done, but unless Rinne gets his **** together come another month or two, we are going to be forced to score a crap ton of goals.

Yeah he only gave up 3, but his play isn't getting any better while other teams will. And frankly you could make a strong argument that all 3 should have been stopped.

Phototropic

Feb 4, 2012
Chattanooga
I'm not blaming the loss on Pekka, he did play like **** though. A good offensive team would have buried far more of those rebounds and missed covers than Arizona did.

Yeah our forwards still aren't getting it done, but unless Rinne gets his **** together come another month or two, we are going to be forced to score a crap ton of goals.

Yeah he only gave up 3, but his play isn't getting any better while other teams will. And frankly you could make a strong argument that all 3 should have been stopped.
And a better offensive team would have put up 5 on Arizona, much less 3. Not sure why you'd worry about future scenarios when the reality on the ice was a team that should have converted more than they did. There were 7 PPs including a 5 on 3 and a 4 on 3 in OT. To only get one goal out of that is a joke.

3 goals is all the team needs most nights.

Pekka isn't going to be the wall that carried the team in years past, but the main problem right now is scoring. It's not even a question. He also gave up 2 goals, not 3. The SO was poor.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
And a better offensive team would have put up 5 on Arizona, much less 3. Not sure why you'd worry about future scenarios when the reality on the ice was a team that should have converted more than they did. There were 7 PPs including a 5 on 3 and a 4 on 3 in OT. To only get one goal out of that is a joke.

3 goals is all the team needs most nights.

Pekka isn't going to be the wall that carried the team in years past, but the main problem right now is scoring. It's not even a question. He also gave up 2 goals, not 3. The SO was poor.

What was the final score? He didn't stop a thing in the shootout, that was all on him.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'll add as well, yes we should be s or ing more goals with the chances we have. There is no doubt about that.

The fact remains, Pekka is not gonna win you a game anymore. You can not depend on him to bail you out or save your ass anymore. If I have zero confidence in him then how do you think the guys on the ice feel?

My stance is though that while he might not be the problem right now, he sure isn't doing anything to help it. I defended him all of last year, I'm just getting real tired of a goalie that can't make the timely save, especially when he is making 7 million a season.

We aren't going to win 1-0 or even 2-1 with him most nights, we have to go in needing 3-4 every single night. That is not a good position to be in especially if your forwards are struggling to put up goals.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I guess it's easy to blame Rinne since its easier to focus on one player as opposed to the entire team that can't score.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

I feel like you did not watch the game at all last night. Rinne was terrible. He had absolutely no rebound control.

Phototropic

Feb 4, 2012
Chattanooga
I'll add as well, yes we should be s or ing more goals with the chances we have. There is no doubt about that.

The fact remains, Pekka is not gonna win you a game anymore. You can not depend on him to bail you out or save your ass anymore. If I have zero confidence in him then how do you think the guys on the ice feel?
I hope they feel like one of the 18 of them could score a goal and pitch in.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
hqdefault.jpg

Literally all I can think about this morning. Keep sharp objects away from our fan base.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
What was the final score? He didn't stop a thing in the shootout, that was all on him.

We didn't score a thing in the shootout either. Can't win a shootout if you don't score a goal. Our scoring forwards are doing nothing. Matt Irwin has more goals then Neal, Forsberg, and Johansen.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I guess it's easy to blame Rinne since its easier to focus on one player as opposed to the entire team that can't score.

No player should be happy with their play, and if Johansen, Neal and Forsberg can't find the back of the net (10 games and 2 freaking goals total for that trio) soon, either 5 on 5, PP or OT then the hole dug isn't going to be easy climbing out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad