Post-Game Talk: Predators (3-5-2) @ Coyotes (4-6-0). 11/3/16, 9PM. Cellar Dwellers Edition

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Rinne has to stop the easy shots. The first goal was completely his fault. It was awful. He is putting this team in bad positions by letting in a soft goal nearly every game. His angles and rebound control and play of the puck are just not up to par. He has moments of old Pekka, but he is not the same guy. He makes too many mistakes for really the last 20-22 months. It began near the end of Lavy's first year with us, continued all last year, and is still happening now.

Phototropic

Feb 4, 2012
Chattanooga
Rinne has to stop the easy shots. The first goal was completely his fault. It was awful. He is putting this team in bad positions by letting in a soft goal nearly every game. His angles and rebound control and play of the puck are just not up to par. He has moments of old Pekka, but he is not the same guy. He makes too many mistakes for really the last 20-22 months. It began near the end of Lavy's first year with us, continued all last year, and is still happening now.

I think the point about system changes is solid. IMO he just doesn't handle fewer shots and more odd man rushes that you get from Lavy's system as well as he did Trotz's system. Some of that is common sense as any goalie would, but I feel like he's struggling even more than you'd expect someone of his caliber. So Rinne needs to be better for the team to have success beyond what we've seen so far, but I don't get the 100% his fault type of comments. For example, on the first goal Irwin was totally burned and provided no help. Yeah, Rinne overreacted and played it poorly from that point.

Same thing on the 2nd with Subban making a horrendous play whiffing on a check and unnecessarily turning a 2 on 2 into a 2 on 1. The only positive I can say is at least Irwin and PK made big plays that led to goals to somewhat offset those gaffs.

With all that said, even if it is 100% on Rinne, he's what we have and I don't see that changing anytime soon, so the only option is for the offense to pick it up and hope he can make an extra save or two per game.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com

He should have had that first goal, but man, did Irwin get dummied by Dvorak on that play. Got caught fishing.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I'm not denying that. This team has several layers of problems, and it is not all Rinne. He still is part of the issue, and he needs to be better from a rebound, initial save, and first goal perspective.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I feel like you did not watch the game at all last night. Rinne was terrible. He had absolutely no rebound control.

I did watch the game despite an absolutely garbage stream and announcers that made me want to rip my ears off.

If you want to focus on things that might happen later if Rinne doesn't do certain things, go ahead. I'm going to focus on our goalie giving up 2 goals on 28 shots in regulation, not having to face a shot in OT and our offense scoring 2 goals in 37 shots including 1 out of 7 on the PP and just generally looking like garbage after the 1st period.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Perhaps Rinne should have stopped the first one; Perhaps Irwin shouldn't have been deaked out of his skates, too. Regardless, if Rinne is only gonna' give up 2 most nights you have to win that.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
And in other news, Columbus just scored two week's worth of Preds goals tonight. 10-0 over Montreal...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad