GDT: Pre Super Bowl Casual Skate (SJ @ CAR)

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The play the last 2 games after Dundon made some public comments about how he's not been happy about the fire the team has shown and how we are nearing a deadline before changes must be made... I wouldn't be shocked to see some kind of big shakeup over the next few days through trade or a release.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Inactivity.gif

Fans vs Ronald Francis
I'm pretty sure the creator of this had Francis in mind when creating it:
this-is-fine.0.jpg

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
No you're right, Darling has been an All Star this year

I mean, I hate to bring his sister into this again, but she's been dead on about the goal support. If a team can't score more than once a game, it doesn't really matter how your goaltender played. Hell, even 2 goals a game leaves a very thin margin of error for goaltenders.

I don't know about you all, but I'm not expecting a Vezina performance night in and night out from our goaltending, and yet that's what it seems to constantly require given the goal support and defensive help they regularly receive.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I mean, I hate to bring his sister into this again, but she's been dead on about the goal support. If a team can't score more than once a game, it doesn't really matter how your goaltender played. Hell, even 2 goals a game leaves a very thin margin of error for goaltenders.

I don't know about you all, but I'm not expecting a Vezina performance night in and night out from our goaltending, and yet that's what it seems to constantly require given the goal support and defensive help they regularly receive.
The team playing like crap in front of him doesn't excuse the soft goals he gives up every night. Should the team be better? Yes, and I expect a trade or two in the coming weeks to either blow it up and begin looking toward next year or improve it. Do I also expect Darling to not be AHL quality on a nightly basis? Yes, absolutely. He was brought in to be our starter and his play alone got him benched and demoted.

Great his sister is right, it would be nice to get more than 1 goal a night. But Darling has a GAA that would need 4 goals, minimum every night to win. He has the 3rd worst save % of all goalies who have played in the NHL this year. He's a dumpster fire and deserves to be shipped out of town as well.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Something needs to be done very soon if they have any hope of sniffing a playoff spot.
I hope it's nothing reactionary. Adding one or two players to the current core at the cost of a top prospect and/or pick could set the Canes back long term and not really move the needle for this season much. As painful as it is, we might be in for rebuild #5/6, but at least we have a new owner committed now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad