Pre-Game Talk: Pre-Game Thread: Game 7!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Yeah, I still think he's super overrated.

Would be true if he was considered great, but he is currently tied for third for D in scoring in the playoffs and on the first PP unit of perhaps the best team.

40 points in the regular season. Not great defensively, but offensively he is a major asset.

You originally said he only did well against the Rangers because of their inadequacies. That is clearly not the case this season.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Would be true if he was considered great, but he is currently tied for third for D in scoring in the playoffs and on the first PP unit of perhaps the best team.

40 points in the regular season. Not great defensively, but offensively he is a major asset.

You originally said he only did well against the Rangers because of their inadequacies. That is clearly not the case this season.
So you just woke up this morning and decided to re-hash this old argument?

Krug is what he is. Give him sheltered ES minutes and PP time, and he should do well.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I voted for 50/50. As I think PLD stated, anything can happen. The Rangers could win 7-1, lose 9-2 or it could be a 3OT thriller.

Also, I wouldn't overplay the goalie situation too much. MAF has shown he can get hot and shut down the Rangers. And I don't like being on the road for a game 7. I'd rather be the home team.

The only reason for slight optimism on my side is the Rangers are playing with house money. They should just go for it. Don't worry about losing, anticipate winning. Play loose (mentally) and hopefully they'll be up 5-0 at the end of two. ;)

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
Well, for the sake of accuracy the second round pick we gave Tampa for St Louis this year becomes a first if we make the ECF this year. You're making it sound like it will cost us an additional first round draft pick on top of what we gave up.

So if we lose tomorrow night Tampa will get our second round draft pick this year which I believe will be approximately #18 in the second round, #48 overall. If we win tomorrow night Tampa does get our first round draft pick this year INSTEAD of our second round pick, which would be #27-30 overall. So Tampa will basically move up 20 draft selections in this year's draft if we win.

Wasn't trying to make it sound dire, but it is a significant upgrade in the package.

But, for an optimistic spin, hope that Callahan re-signs in TB, then the Rangers get a 2nd rounder in 2015 (and lose a 7th rounder), which makes all of this FAR more palatable.

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
"I don't like our odds of winning for the 3rd time in a row "

What is the odds of flipping a heads after already flipping two heads? Gotta be pretty low, right?

The odds of winning after winning two his higher than loosing is my guess? That's how some teams ends up being regarded as good (or winners), and other teams crap. More so in Europe due to the lack of draft system and human game-schedules, but pretty sure winners are more likely to win any given game and loosers tend to loose their next game also in this league. Normally you'll find them in either end of the table, but in the PO's you have to look closer. Every win makes you more likely to win the next one, and so it goes untill you eventually loose, and hopefully it's not against the Kings then. It's called the law of diminishing probability to loose when you're winning and vice verca. In European football it's enforced by oligarks, sheiks or US investors that makes it virtually impossible for any other than the top four teams to ever sustain anything but loosing streaks, as their star players or coaches would be bought emediately. One could make a lot of money betting on the team that has won the last two, if it wasn't for those damn odds. What freaks me out is all the bettingcompanies having Pens as a clear favourite. They are normally right:
http://odds.bestbetting.com/ice-hoc...burgh-penguins-v-new-york-rangers/money-line/

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
I am confident after the showing they put on in games 5 and 6.

Just lay it all out on the line tomorrow night. No regrets.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
50-50. Rangers are better 5v5, but special teams could cost us. And the Pens will come out angry.

I agreed to drive my mom to the airport so i'll miss the 2nd period. that sucks.

Would like to see carcillo play in this one.

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
50-50. Rangers are better 5v5, but special teams could cost us. And the Pens will come out angry.

I agreed to drive my mom to the airport so i'll miss the 2nd period. that sucks.

Would like to see carcillo play in this one.

DVR always works well for me.

corduroyg

Apr 10, 2012
nyc
50/50. the first 6 games get thrown out. its a 1 game season. any momentum or pressure will be decided by who scores the 1st goal.

ncmike

Aug 5, 2011
"I don't like our odds of winning for the 3rd time in a row "
jlaw.gif

What is the odds of flipping a heads after already flipping two heads? Gotta be pretty low, right?

Still 50/50

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
We have a lot going for us at the moment, and Pitt has a lot going against them, a lot of which is psychological, and pressure, which is great for us. But Pitt is loaded with skill that has the potential to come to life at any moment.

Game 7 = it's anybody's game. All things considered, my money is on our boys. LGR!!!! :yo:

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195
I hate to be that guy...but anyone notice that this series has gone the way of the 1994 SC finals, but only backwards? We win game one in OT on the road (like Vancouver did), then Pittsburgh comes back and essentially dominates the next three games (like we did in 1994), then we bounce back with big wins in game five on the road and six at home (like Vancouver did)...

Doesn't bode well for game 7 in Pittsburgh, huh
GAD!!!

You totally bummed my high bro.

Glad Vancouver didn't start Hank in Game 7.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Just thought I'd mention that Benoit Pouliot is now this teams top scorer, along with Zucc and Richards

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
Confident?

After game 4 I was confident that there wouldn't be a game 6.

Who wins now? 50-50. I would say it's Crosby and Malkin against Lundy. Will anyone else step up and become the difference maker?

This is the final exhibition for both teams. The "real" playoffs begin with the next series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad