GDT: Pre-Competition • Dec. 23 • Canada vs. Sweden • 3-5 final

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
That just shows where the quality of this tournament is.. that guy is pretty much the worst defence man in all of SM-Liiga

When you feel comfortable in your surroundings, you play good. Kinda tired of hearing what he's done in the FEL to be honest with you, and some players are just plain better at junior level.

belgarath

Jan 27, 2007
Can someone explain to me why in the world you would want to meet one of your main rivals in the tournament in exhibition game right before a tournament?

What is there to gain compared to what's there to lose, mainly unnecessary injuries?

I just don't understand it, why not play some local team or something to work details.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Can't believe all these guys hating on Klingberg. I remembered him being very effective last year and then I've been reading all this negative crap about him on these boards and I thought I perhaps mis-remembered. Then I watch the game today and he looks like an all-star and yet there's a bunch of negative talk again. I guess we're just watching two different tournaments. Strange...

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
Entertaining game:laugh: Dont like how they stopped playing in the third tho, was pretty sloppy at times.

Forsberg did good with the little icetime he had, expect more icetime throughout the tourny:handclap:
Brodin is so smart its insane
Who said collberg was better then forsberg?
The defense deff played above expectations, thought the forwards would have to carry them this year.
And very good job by canada coming back into the game :)

DaveH

Oct 9, 2011
Love that Karlsson's contribution is overlooked once again, hopefully this is something shared with coaching staff from all the teams in the tournament.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Okay. I guess I'll ask again. How did Forsberg look to you guys?

Take my opinion for what its worth as I only watched on TV, but he is definitely the real deal. Slick hands, not afraid to shoot, not afraid to go to the net. If I'm judging potential top 5 picks (albeit on a very limited sample), I'd be calling his name before Ryan Murray's.

Latex*

That just shows where the quality of this tournament is.. that guy is pretty much the worst defence man in all of SM-Liiga

Ok now that's too much. He has all the skill and you can see flashes of it in SM-Liiga, but it seems like he's in terrible pressure and is nervous all the time. Jokerit isn't an easy place to play in Finland. In fact i think it's the second hardest place to play after HIFK. Many veterans strougle there aswell. The kid has some serious skill, and it seems like it shows against junior players where his confidence is better.

He really isn't the worst defenceman in SM-Liiga. Below average for sure, but worst? No way.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
No need to get political...

Just telling it like it is...or was, in this case. Whenever the topic is international hockey records comes up, Russians will inevitably bring up the long and storied Soviet dominance. I am simply here to say it is a smokescreen, based on an unfair advantage.

As for someone else saying I am upset about this Canadian loss...yeah okay. I actually think this was a real blessing for Team Canada. I never thought Visentin should be the starter, and last night proved it. This will make Team Canada re-evaulate him as their starter, and also send a message to the entire team that they are going to have to bring their "A" game (the game you saw in the third period) if they are going to medal in this tournament.

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
If Canada or the US had been a Communist country that didn't have paid players and instead had them in the army for their entire lives while playing hockey seven days a week, maybe we could have won some of those gold medals back in the day.
it is past,no sense to talk about what if things

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Take my opinion for what its worth as I only watched on TV, but he is definitely the real deal. Slick hands, not afraid to shoot, not afraid to go to the net. If I'm judging potential top 5 picks (albeit on a very limited sample), I'd be calling his name before Ryan Murray's.

:)
Bold.

JackBauer

May 16, 2006
Ottawa, Ont.
As fun as it is, as a Sens fan, to see Stone and his linemates lighting it up in the pre-tourney games, others on the Canadian forward corps need to step up

also, Visentin hasn't mentally overcome his collapse from last year (no disrespect, I'm sure he's a great goalie when the whole country isn't watching), Wedgewood needs to be the starter or we won't beat SWE/RUS in the actual tournament.

Davebo*

Hey Sweden?

Thank you for the wake up call. We had hit the snooze button there for a bit, but we're awake now.

Merry Christmas
Team Canada

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Boone Jenner looked better than Brett Connolly all of the pre-tourney games but hes not the one that has a plane ticket which says Tampa as its destination on it

As much as it is easy for fans to develop binding impressions of prospects based on international hockey its not right.

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010
Hey Sweden?

Thank you for the wake up call. We had hit the snooze button there for a bit, but we're awake now.

Merry Christmas
Team Canada

Ever since the second intermission of the gold medal game in Buffalo, last year.

Bad time to start hitting the snooze button. :shakehead

4thliner*

If Connolly keeps sucking @ this level what is Tampa gonna do?

They cant send him to the AHL...back to juniors

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Well one thing is for sure, this will be an extremely competitive tournament again! Sweden, USA, Russia and Canada all seem to have decent teams this year along with a dark horse in Finland.

Should be fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad