GDT: Pre-Competition • Dec. 19 • Canada vs. Finland • 3-1 final score

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitsumo

Unregistered User
Jan 24, 2010
Just watched the first period on TSN. That Finland's defense isn't getting them anywhere near medals. Just ******* awful. Luckily for Finland so was Canada's finishing.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
So how did Schwartz look? I can't see him on the third line for some reason. He's not a bad two way player, but I always thought he was more of a cherry picker.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
How has Harrington been?

Very composed with the puck, good gaps, efficient. His one mistake was failing to keep the puck at the opposition blueline and an odd-man rush coming the other way, but every defenseman had one or two of those moments.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Our D is going to be impressive this year, lot of offensive potential. Love the depth this year, Coach Hay looked like he was trying to spread it around a bit so it'll only get better as Huberdeau and Howden come back. Started off very scrambly but midway point through second I thought was turning point just a dominating shift of physical play and that's all she wrote. Coulda been a blow out had we finished the many chances we had. Granlund's a beauty, Barkov is a sick player, we'll be able to compare those two more honestly next year when N-Mac is playing but it'll be fun to see . Armia disappointed me for some reason...GIBSON he's finnish haha I thought he was american this whole time lol! Ryan Murray even wears 27 , first time i've really seen him play , showed he's a top pick...negative note...crowd was so dead...sheesh I understand it's exhibition but show some pride!!! Common Calgary liven up a bit!!!!!!! Get that red mile madness you had in 04!!!

watts555

Nov 14, 2008
These pre tourney games are so that the Team can start to Gel together. Idk what all the complaining is about. It will take some time for them to get some chemistry.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Best forward.

Wouldn't read much into the lines. He's there to be the quarterback puck controller of the 3rd line.

Good to hear, especially as I predicted him to lead the tourney. It's a shame we don't get to see him with a legitimate stud center. Schwartz seems to have a knack for keeping the puck for a small guy, similar to Kane. Was he being pushed off the puck or losing board battles? How did his speed look in comparison to the other top guys?

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
I love the tournament is at home but I mean Canadian fans attending international events in europe or anywhere else are way louder and jolly for lack of a better word. Lol I can't wait to see the crowd next year in Russia, there's already a tour on destiny tours planned!!! Anyone up to go!!!??? LOL

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I've only watched one period so far but Armia is really disappointing.

He reminds me of Benoit Pouliot way way too much.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Good to hear, especially as I predicted him to lead the tourney. It's a shame we don't get to see him with a legitimate stud center. Schwartz seems to have a knack for keeping the puck for a small guy, similar to Kane. Was he being pushed off the puck or losing board battles? How did his speed look in comparison to the other top guys?

The lines are far from set in stone. Huberdeau and Howden weren't even in the lineup, changes inevitable.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Visentin really had trouble gobbling the puck up tonight, we'll see how Wedgewood does but Visentin should have been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad