PPM #13 - Basketball is LIVE! Sign Up Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
Holy cow my media deal doubled for football. :) In other news I started my last two triples as well.

Emerald76

May 20, 2010
Dubh Linn
BBall streak well and truly over, lost in the league yesterday, and beaten well in the Champions League today :(

EDIT: Make it 3 on the spin :(

Last edited:

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Well, the draft changes I hinted about were just announced. ***I do listen to your suggestions!***

Also, fire Vlady and Dario a message saying thanks. These are good changes. And, if you can, please support the game and buy credits/ProPack.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
BBall streak well and truly over, lost in the league yesterday, and beaten well in the Champions League today :(

EDIT: Make it 3 on the spin :(

I've lost more games this season than I had when I clinched the title last season, only 1 of my current losses coming against a newly promoted team.

But I'm off to a 2-0 start in the ChL, so I can't complain.

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
I played an interesting game in soccer today: LINK.

Two red cards for me in the first half, a defender in the 8th minute, and my striker in the 35th minute. I still won 4-1 while dominating possession and shots. Heh.

EDIT: I checked my sponsors for the day. Accepted both the general and media deals, 5* and 17 mil/week for each. I'll be making about 11 mil/week more than last season. Holy balls.

Not bad for a DII team, eh?

Last edited:

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada

Canada-Grammar-with-Brian-Poturnak-Eh.jpg

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
My newest purchase in hockey. He has 2329 OR and is 4th best Romanian NT player (by OR). This bad boy was quite expensive i may add, he cost me almost 40M!

I do hope his CL holds for one more season and that his, ehm, 'low' shooting (compared to his primary) doesn't make him less attractive when i try to sell him next season.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
I ended up getting a nice 22m a week raise in football ��

22m per week raise? That's a bit insane.

My Gemeral & Media are each up 3+m. Overall a 7m increase. To go from what, 5th to 3rd?

My newest purchase in hockey. He has 2329 OR and is 4th best Romanian NT player (by OR). This bad boy was quite expensive i may add, he cost me almost 40M!

I do hope his CL holds for one more season and that his, ehm, 'low' shooting (compared to his primary) doesn't make him less attractive when i try to sell him next season.

You have single-handedly ruined the whole point of my hockey rebuild:laugh: I was supposed to have some good players who would have been too expensive to buy. But you buy a ridiculous stud every week it seems!

So how good is your hockey team now?

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
22m per week raise? That's a bit insane.

My Gemeral & Media are each up 3+m. Overall a 7m increase. To go from what, 5th to 3rd?

You have single-handedly ruined the whole point of my hockey rebuild:laugh: I was supposed to have some good players who would have been too expensive to buy. But you buy a ridiculous stud every week it seems!

So how good is your hockey team now?

Quite decend i'd think, but low on energy. I might/should be able to promote (kinda still want to wait one more season despite having a team too good for D2, since i play in CwC next season and would help me save some energy playing in D2), but could end up losing in final due to lower energy and go to PR round.

I do think he will drop to 1/6 though, he trained very low on a team with top end facilities + staff (+0.33 on a 99Q attr, while the other also 29 2/6 player trained on my team (lower training + bad coaches) +0.46 also on 99Q attr).

I am starting to feel quite poor right now, i still have a good 200M tied up in active free agent bids and i'll still need to throw 296M for lvl 15 SA and regen early next season.

If lucky, i could get another 2200+ OR center tomorrow also for 37M, 26 2/6, also from top Hungarian team, but i've seen many times managers match offer in final hours (one even with less than 2h remaining when i went to bed thinking i'll get the player but was matched), so we'll see how it goes :).

There are many good/great players that i also miss or don't offer enough, like a good 1950 26 3/6 center goes for 16M, had i offered a tad more i could have trained him to 2000 by the end of next season (i think). And the 2000 OR goalie that went for abount 35M (29 2/6 though), i do regret not making that bid, he could have really helped me next season should i promote and in cwc.

But i will do a clean rebuild next season, i honestly don't like this buying players back and forth, and replace them before their 3-season-long contract expires and i get a huge bid to match.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
I lost 6 competitive games going into today's NC opener. Naturally, I drew against my former III.2 rival and close personal friend. I lost by one. So, once again, I'll get merked on OTR from not playing in the NC despite dominating league and playoff play.

:cry:

Emerald76

May 20, 2010
Dubh Linn
I lost 6 competitive games going into today's NC opener. Naturally, I drew against my former III.2 rival and close personal friend. I lost by one. So, once again, I'll get merked on OTR from not playing in the NC despite dominating league and playoff play.

I know this feeling from last season, it cost me alot of OTR and a lot of sponsorship money.

I went out in the 2nd round, when I could have played at most, 8 more games.
That would have worked out at between 32 and 40 OR, that's a lot in the early stages of a new sport to potentially miss out on.

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012

A string of bad luck.
For some reason my point guard likes to take 3 point shots all the time :shakehead

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
So, uh, I may have botched my soccer team's sponsor offers. I swore I signed a GS and then just forgot about them since a MS deal was signed. Turns out, if I did, it didn't go through and now I have an auto-signed contract. :cry:

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
Well, i got him, 2233 OR 26 2/6 center that played as a 2nd line center for a team that defeated PPMs top team, The Steel Ants, in the ChL playoffs few days back.

Also got a 1866 OR defenceman (29, 1/6) for under 2M, too bad he plays on left side, kinda full there.

Man i'm really getting poor. This plan better work out :shakehead

Obryantj

Sep 7, 2010
Ended up with a 5* general and a 5* media.

For the general, I was offered a 5* normal and a 5* position-bonus on the same day. The position bonus was about 10% lower for the guaranteed amount, but should end up worth 10% more if I hit my position goal 5 times. The normal offer would have been a 10% raise. The media was also about a 10% raise.

Now should I run a camp (or two) at the start of the season and then shed some players or shed some players and hold off until the end of the season to run both camps. I'm leaning towards running a camp early and allowing some (grizzled) veterans to get some action. I need to find a way to limit how much I pay players (salaries plus fee is almost 5M/day). Fun fact: Viktar Taganovich is the 10th highest paid player in the world at 131,534 per day and I just noticed that my backup RD makes 112,520 per day :thumbd:. Salaries probably won't drive my decisions, but the backup RD has been pegged for replacement due to age, CL, and OR.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
So, uh, today my basketball team got crushed in the 2nd half and I dropped to L. Only to storm back and win the game playing L/L vs. H/H in the second half with 1s left. What the heck!?!?! They're possessed!!!! Oh, and the comeback was done after both my Centers had fouled out and a crappy player was playing center.

GAME SUMMARY

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
New Thread!

It's a quick and dirty c/p. I'll try to update the player list this week. But I've been stupid busy with the whole termites eating the house from the inside out thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad