PowerPlayManager #10 - Basketball starts in 6 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
That's what I said though. I did that to fix the last time it reset them and it deleted my hockey ratios the next day.

It is still a work in progress for sure. It'll take time to work out bumps like this. Please be patient :).

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
It is still a work in progress for sure. It'll take time to work out bumps like this. Please be patient :).

I apologize if I seemed impatient. I was simply trying to reiterate that I had already attempted that. If it keeps at it, I'll simply turn that portion off until the problem can be solved.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Thanks!
That's a tough decision. I tend to avoid changing player's positions due to the amount of time it takes to "catch themselves" (i.e. have their new position's EOR eclipse their starting position's EOR had they been trained in their starting position).

Yeah, ran a few numbers, hurts that he's 5/6. Best case scenario C/L scenario he'll "catch himself" switching to goalie before turning 22. Worst case scenario, he never does but gets within a few points. The real problem is that in the best case, he doesn't surpass my current starting goaltender until he hits 24 (I'm still only at TF14 so one more upgrade might shave a season off) but he'll be miles behind in exp.

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
Ok I've had quite a few people asking about my top player in handball, and for how much would i put him on the market. What do you think his price would be? How much would you ask for him?

sUUQqxp.png

Keep in mind he was pulled 5/6 (and i've told that to the people who asked me on PM).
And also that i'll have a poor year in top league and will relegate at the end of the season anyway with or without him.

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
What a frustrating game today.
Beat Mojo on tactics, FB, Blocks, yet sit and watch his star player score 9m shorthanded goals and take 5 pm's at the end. My star player could not hit the side of a barn!!!! Uggh

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
I would guess about 75 mil or so. Backs are the cheapest players, he's 17, and 5/6. However, I haven't seen a player with an OR that high on the market, so you may be able to get more for that.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
So if the higher seeds all win their final matches on Sunday (resulting in losses to both myself and tujague) the top-9 will finish exactly the same as they did last season.

MrOrange

Jan 25, 2014
Hey everyone!

I am Mr. Orange, the developer of PPMe. I found this nice thread of yours, and I see you're having some questions about PPMe, and some really good suggestions. I saw that canucks357 answered most of them already, but I've got some more information for some of them. So I'll try to answer them in this post. I know, it's a humongous one, but bear with me. :)

Hey Canucks, since PPMe is in the final stages of approval, thought you'd want to know this. I just checked today and it deleted all of my saved positions and ratios. I didn't change anything recently. It was working after the changes I made a few days ago. I didn't check it again until today and it's just gone, for both hockey and soccer.

I am afraid that is my fault. In order for me to make sure that on Internet Exploder 11, ahem.., I mean Internet Explorer 11, the order of the ratios was kept, I had to change the way ratios were stored locally. What you're describing was an unfortunate side effect of that change.

Thanks to all those involved in making the PPMe tool, it is very helpful.

Now if only someone could make a tactics tool.

I actually build something like that a few years back. You could specify some tactics and it would calculate the best tactic based on your players. Where a better tactic was the one where the sum of all the players OR was the highest. I don't think I have that code available anymore, but maybe I'll revisit that again. It would be quite a challenge to code that efficiently in JavaScript.

BTW, great work from you and Mr. Orange on the extension - really like the look of it.
Thanks!

• Are there plans to allow ratios to vary by player?

• For example: If I have a defenseman with a high shot quality and want to train him at a different ratio than my other defensemen, I'd like his EQ to use a different formula.
    • For the market section, the default by position would be acceptable.
    • A dynamic formula which varies by player based on each player's qualities would fall in the "exceeds expectations" category (i.e. train shooting at 0.5 if shooting Q > 50, but less than 75; train shooting at 0.6 if shooting Q > 75; else train shooting at 0.0)
But as has already been mentioned by Obryantj, are there plans to allow differences regarding training ratios?

Hm.., that would mean that I would have to store player specific ratios. I see two ways on doing that:

1. I can gather the player's training ratio from the players-practice page.
    I am parsing that page already for their quality, I think I can easily gather their ratios there as well. One downside, that is only a pro pack feature right?
  2. I could allow you to set player specific ratios.
    I guess I could insert some html on the player page to allow you to do this in a similar fashion like the training ratio. I only have no idea on how to display this nicely in a table to you. I mean, the ratios would no longer be named, and since every player would have it's own ratio, there are no different EORs per position. Just the one for the ratio you set.

The first one would be easiest to implement. The second would require some major coding, and not to mention, should there still be different ratios for your own players then, or only for the market page?

I did allow addon to send the data about SA/pulls.

I have a question though: how do i change the language of PPMe? Is it somewhere in the settings or do i have to download and install a different lang version of PPMe?

You can't actually, everything is in English for now. Like canucks357 said, you can change the ratio names, and abbreviations to your own language. What I did implement is the following:

Code:
"en": 
	"1": "None",
	"2": "Poor",
	"3": "Weak",
	"4": "Good",
	"5": "Excellent",
	"6": "Perfect"
}

This is what you see when you hover over the players CL, I currently only have the English ones. If you provide me with how they are called in your language, I can insert those as well, but that's about as far as the localization goes in my add on for now.

Alright, PPMe reset my ratios AGAIN. Do I need to redownload it? What's going on? I tried doing a reset, but obviously that doesn't solve the problem.

EDIT: Oddly, this time it only reset my hockey ratios. Soccer are untouched. :huh:
On this we agree completely, :huh:.
That's what I said though. I did that to fix the last time it reset them and it deleted my hockey ratios the next day.

Damn Cory, you've got some serious bad luck with those ratios.

Only thing I can think off, is that you use something like CCleaner to clean up the cache of your browsers? That could result in the things you're experiencing. Other than that, I have no idea.

I had something else in mind, i don't mind it being in English, but when using PPMe and clicking on any player link it will open that site in english not my language. For example, when not using PPMe and clicking on one player (or hovering over the player link with mouse):

Screen1
^^where the green thing is where my mouse is pointing over first player, you can see (circled in red) the link is for my language.

But when using PPMe and doing the same thing:
Screen2
you can see that the player link is now for english version of PPM.

This is intended actually, because I parse the english pages for player information, thus the player urls also point to the english version. I will have to think about a solution to change this.

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
Welcome Mr Orange. Thank you. Very nice tool you made. Sa10 another crappy pull 211 1.5 star 5/6. Sad thing is that if the avq is above 45 he will be inserted to the backup team. :help:

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
Welcome Mr Orange. Thank you. Very nice tool you made. Sa10 another crappy pull 211 1.5 star 5/6. Sad thing is that if the avq is above 45 he will be inserted to the backup team. :help:

I got a shiny 167 OR pull. Granted, my SA is still level 9, so I wasn't expecting much...

My new goalie put up a 36 rating while splitting time with Hubbell. I'm guessing he would get a 37 or 38 if he was the only one that played. Not bad considering his ratio is a little off (I think).

EspOrrsito

edumacated
Feb 27, 2002
B.C.
Visit site
I actually build something like that a few years back. You could specify some tactics and it would calculate the best tactic based on your players. Where a better tactic was the one where the sum of all the players OR was the highest. I don't think I have that code available anymore, but maybe I'll revisit that again. It would be quite a challenge to code that efficiently in JavaScript.
Hockey tactics I get but soccer and handball are a complete mystery so that would be an amazing tool to have available.

Using PPMe in the player market page it always shows the same players when you go from page 1 to page 2 and so on. I use the green refresh icon and it still get those same results.

MrOrange

Jan 25, 2014
Hockey tactics I get but soccer and handball are a complete mystery so that would be an amazing tool to have available.

Using PPMe in the player market page it always shows the same players when you go from page 1 to page 2 and so on. I use the green refresh icon and it still get those same results.

Wow, nice one. Never considered testing that. I found what caused it, and it'll be fixed in the next update.

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
Welcome, Mr. Orange. I may have found part of the issue and will monitor the results. I was using version 1.26.36 that I had downloaded from one of canucks357's statuses roughly a month ago. I have since deleted it and downloaded version 1.26.38 from the Google Play store (running Chrome). Just did it last night, but I'll let you know if I find anything. Thanks for all your hard work on the project though, it's a great tool! I don't want my posts to sound unappreciative or to belittle what you've accomplished in any way. It is an awesome extension. My attitude is just a bit of spillover from something I'm dealing with at work. I'm trying to be less negative, I swear! Personal project.

MrOrange

Jan 25, 2014
Welcome, Mr. Orange. I may have found part of the issue and will monitor the results. I was using version 1.26.36 that I had downloaded from one of canucks357's statuses roughly a month ago. I have since deleted it and downloaded version 1.26.38 from the Google Play store (running Chrome). Just did it last night, but I'll let you know if I find anything. Thanks for all your hard work on the project though, it's a great tool! I don't want my posts to sound unappreciative or to belittle what you've accomplished in any way. It is an awesome extension. My attitude is just a bit of spillover from something I'm dealing with at work. I'm trying to be less negative, I swear! Personal project.

I think I have reproduced your issue. Github issue snippet:

Screenshot%202014-01-26%2016.27.47.png

I'll try to fix this in the coming days.

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
I think I have reproduced your issue. Github issue snippet:

Screenshot%202014-01-26%2016.27.47.png

I'll try to fix this in the coming days.

That would make sense. Chrome randomly crashes on me when I switch over to another program (I think it might be from having too many tabs open). Now that I think about it, I do think those issues may have occurred after I had to reopen it. Good catch.

Also, thanks again on the program. I started playing soccer fairly recently and PPMe helped me determine I was not using the best lines I could have. I've now modified using the optimal lines based on what PPMe showed with players I already had and I've begun to see an improvement in position ratings. This may give me a surprise showing in the league cup.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
****. You got this one, Obryantj. I logged in hours ago to work on the players list and other first page stuff for the new thread. I literally just realized that I didn't do anything for our match. So you're getting whatever I sent out there in that embarrassing 0-3 loss on Thursday. I meant to put McCready (with one day left on his injury) and Dekker. And of course I would bump up the motivation from N to VH. None of that happened.

5th place it is.

That's a shocking result. I never would have expected that:sarcasm:

EDIT: Oh. Same tactics, but it looks like I changed the lineup. It's 3 forwards in a triangle, but McCready is still out?!? I also replaced a suspended dman. And I put in the new goalie who probably has 10 chem:laugh:

What the hell was I thinking with that lineup?

tujague, remind me to ask what you get for your soccer sponsor offers. Our OTR and league level + position is nearly identical. It'll be interesting to see the difference in nation.

24.575M General
24.252M Media

Obryantj

Sep 7, 2010
****. You got this one, Obryantj. I logged in hours ago to work on the players list and other first page stuff for the new thread. I literally just realized that I didn't do anything for our match. So you're getting whatever I sent out there in that embarrassing 0-3 loss on Thursday. I meant to put McCready (with one day left on his injury) and Dekker. And of course I would bump up the motivation from N to VH. None of that happened.

5th place it is.

That's a shocking result. I never would have expected that:sarcasm:

EDIT: Oh. Same tactics, but it looks like I changed the lineup. It's 3 forwards in a triangle, but McCready is still out?!? I also replaced a suspended dman. And I put in the new goalie who probably has 10 chem:laugh:

What the hell was I thinking with that lineup?

Definitely an odd line-up. I'll take a 1-0 victory any day though, especially against one of the top 5-6 teams.

Bragg ends the season 2nd in goals. The Coronas went off against Doug, so Bragg would have needed a monster game to win the scoring title. Young looks like he'll finish 10th in goals in what looks to be his break out season. Bragg and Young also had double-digit assists. Taganovich will finish 3rd in assists. Spicer will finish 1st in clean sheets for the second season in a row. All together, I'll receive about 45M in prize money.

At this point, my team is very tired. I'll have two ChL matches this week before starting camp, and then a potential run in the league cup. I'm currently 26 OTR short of where I finished last season.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
That must have been one of those late night "I need to do something" lineups. I usually come back and fix them with something more sensible. Although only losing 0-1 to the same team that has been crushing the Betamax means that's... not such a bad lineup?

Oh yeah. I somehow held onto 4th place. zomg sucked more than I did. Not really. I just had a headstart that was too big for my suckage to overcome. Also, since I am in fact in the ChL next season, leonard-stamper will finally lose his ChL suspension that he picked up way way back in season 5:laugh:

How tired are your guys? I really tried to balance energy usage and competitiveness this season. It was a roaring success until that week from hell chewed everything up and spit it out. I need the CWC title to get things back on track.

My starters have 76-80 energy. I'm going to use the starters, but attempt to conserve a bit of energy in this next game vs the High Headerz since Blackkat is AWOL. Then go all out vs the RunnyOnion in the Finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad