PowerPlayManager #10 - Basketball starts in 6 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005

**I changed these to referral links. I just want to see how many people join from here. And how many people stick with the game. I must have a referral link posted somewhere else because I've had 5-6 people join through it. But only one of those people have kept playing. I earned 6 total credits for that:laugh: If you join through that link and I get credits, message me on PPM and I'll send em your way.

Handball is Here!
Handball? Yes. Handball. It's like soccer, except you use your hands to throw a smaller ball. Into a lacross style net. And it's played on a basketball court. It's the platypus of sports:laugh:

NEXT SPORT? Basketball!
The Beta for Basketball is coming soon. We haven't had an update in a month or so, but the last mention was end of March/early April for the Beta.

Part I - January 2009 - January 2010
Part II - January 2010 - March 2010
Part III - March 2010 - July 2010
Part IV - July 2010 - January 2011
Part V - January 2011 - August 2011
Part VI - August 2011 - February 2012
Part VII February 2012 - September 2012
Part VIII September 2012 - April 2013
Part IX April 2013 - January 2014
Part X January 2014 -

The Basic Set Up
PowerPlayManager, or PPM, is a browser based simulation. It's completely free to play, but you can buy a ProPack to support the game. Which will also make a bunch of things easier, adds some graphical flair, cuts out most advertising, etc. But no actual in game advantage.

Currently we're playing hockey and soccer. Handball is coming soon(?). Yes. I said Handball. We think they're going with Handball because it's a similar team sport to hockey/soccer. It'll be easier to get that type of game up to speed. And apparently Handball is a huge sport in the countries where PPM is most popular. Once they get those three up to acceptable levels, we're hoping they add F1 or tennis or something very different for the next sport.

You get to name your own team and stadium/arena. The games use fake players. They're randomly generated by each team's Sports Academy. Every week you get 1 to 4 or 5 players depending on the level of your SA. Each country has their own name database, so you won't see anything too weird. You create your own lines and training schedules, decide who takes free kicks and corners in soccer, or Penalty shots in hockey. Hockey also has different line tactics for even strength and special teams.

Hockey is a very good game. Solid rules and execution. They seem to add new stuff every season or two. Soccer is a bit raw. They had some problems with the main soccer programmer moving to another job. So the development slowed down a bit while the new guy got familiar with the code. They're back on track and new things are being added every season.

Oh, I forgot about the National Teams. Each season in hockey, someone is elected to run the NT. They pick the players and schedule friendlies during the season. In the last two weeks of each season, the hockey World Championships are played. I think there's three divisions. Countries vie to host them each season. Unfortunately some countries started doing ridiculous bids (actual trophies and other crazy ish), and that seems to have turned off a lot of countries. They don't get as many bids as they used to. I don't think the US has submitted a bid in several seasons. But it's still a cool idea:) The World Cup in soccer will happen every four seasons just like real life, and their will be other tourneys in the off years. Or something like that. They're still working on that stuff. (National teams have been added in soccer. Our own Obryantj has been the NT manager for a few seasons and has us ranked 9th. That's very good. The US is a relatively small country in these games.)

Both games are set up like European leagues. The top league in each country is I.1. That's league level one (I), and division one (.1). The next level is II.1 through II.4. There's 4 divisions in league II. There's 16 divisions in league III. Then 64 IV divisions. The idea is to win your league to promote to the next highest league. If you finish in second, you get to play someone from the higher league for the right to play in the higher league next season.

When you get your team, you will start in one of the lower levels. That's so you don't get your ass pounded by the more established teams. You'll probably still get pounded by the good teams in lower leagues, but you'll also face a lot of equal competition. Don't get freaked out by losing. This is not the franchise mode in NHL11 or 12 or whatever EA is on. This is a marathon. Seasons last 112 days, so odds are you will start in the middle of a season. Games are played at Noon est for all games in hockey and it varies for soccer. In the US/Canada, they're played at 4:30 est. That's the daily update. It includes the matches and updated standings. The nightly update starts around 11pm est, and lasts an hour or so. This is when injuries are reported, contracts are renewed, training occurs, player suspensions in soccer, etc.

The Infrastructure
Your stadium is divided into 8 sections. You can add seats, snack bars, fan shops, restaurants, press boxes & skyboxes. You can also upgrade the type of seats. You start with benches and work your way up to Triple Floor Multifunctional. There's also Ice/Pitch Quality, Parking Lots, Sound & Scoreboard upgrades. You can even paint your ice.

You also have 7 facilities. These include:
*Training (self explanatory. Massively important.)
*Regeneration (helps players regain energy so they can train better)
*Human Resources (helps scout players better/faster, and helps get better sponsor offers)
Maintenance (Helps with security and lowers daily expenses. Not important at all.)
Education Center (Training for staff members. Staff are too expensive, so ignore this for the most part.)
*Sports Academy (You get new youth every week. Better academy means more pulls and possibly higher OverallRating(OR))
Medical Center (Cuts down number of injuries and shortens time it takes to heal.)

The Staff
Each of these facilities can have two staff who will boost the facilities effectiveness. But you have to be careful. Staff salaries can get very high. I would almost recommend not using staff until you have good young players to take advantage of them. The ones with the * are known as the Big Four. They are the most important and should be built asap.

A bit more on the staff. I cannot put too much emphasis on their salaries. It's paid daily and can get ridiculously high ridiculously fast. Here's the staff salary formula:
I.1- 0.1*(Atty1^3+Atty2^3)
II- 0.095*(Atty1^3+Atty2^3)
III- 0.090*(Atty1^3+Atty2^3)
IV- 0.085*(Atty1^3+Atty2^3)
V- 0.080*(Atty1^3+Atty2^3)
Here' the cost for staff in I.1:
--Weaker staff with OR around 33/27 cost under 6k per day, 650k total per staff per season.
--Average staff with around 50/50 OR is 25k each day, 5.5M total per season.
--Staff with OR around 71/66 cost 65k each day, 7.3M total per season.
--Stud staff will be 95/95 & 95/95. 170k each, 19M per staff per season.

Staff is not something I usually check very often, so it can easily sneak up on you. We've all reached the point where we can't afford to pay top staff. Several of us have basically given our staff away for pennies so we can afford to keep building. I just cut out 400K in daily staff salary. That's almost 3M per week, 45M per season. My players will train slightly worse, but at least now I can continue to build facilities/stadium. If you're not building you're dying alive.

The Players
Players are probably the most confusing thing to new players. You have to remember that your players are just numbers. Some numbers can change, some can not. I'm going to break a player's page down for you. If something doesn't make sense, just ask.

The Overall Rating, or OR, is just all of the players attributes (offense, defense, shot, technique, speed, etc) added up. This changes almost daily as your players train.

The Average Quality, or AQ, is all of the attributes' qualities averaged. Qualities are maybe the most important thing when judging players. like I said, each attribute has it's own quality. That quality(Q) will determine how well that player trains that attribute for the rest of his career. Equally important is having the right Qs for each position. D-men need Defense, Pass, Tech & Aggr. A player with good Qs (75+) in those four attributes would be a great d-man. There's also something other managers have made up called the Effective Quality. That averages the Qs of the attributes used by the players position. So you wouldn't include the goalie Q when figuring the EQ of a winger.

An example:
Winger A has Qs of 70G/70D/70O/70S/70P/70T/70A
That's an AQ of 70, and an EQ of 70.
Winger B has Qs of 5G/10D/95O/95S/95P/95T/95A
That's an AQ of 70, but an EQ of 95.

Judging them by AQs means you have a couple of nice players. Judging by EQs you have one nice player and one of the best forwards in the game.

I have some players with AQs in the 70s who never play unless everyone is in camp. On the other hand, I also have a 58AQ who has been starting for 7 seasons. He seems like a crappy player, right? But his EQ is actually around 75.

Career Longevity (CL or C/L) is how long that player will be effective. A player with a CL of 6/6 will train much better than someone with 3/6. Each player's CL can change at the beginning of each season. I think you can get the same CL for 4 seasons, but it could change in as few as 2. Injuries can also lower CL faster.

Preferred side should be obvious. A player with a PS of Left isn't necessarily left-handed, but he (duh!) prefers to play on the left side. Play him on the right side and he isn't as effective. I think it drops by 10%. Maybe 20%.

Popularity can be increased by being one of the 3 stars, on the team of the day/season, or finish in the top5/10 at the end of the season.

Salary is paid every day! I repeat: SALARY IS PAID EVERYDAY! Player salaries are a lot less than staff salaries, but I figured now would be a good time to remind you that staff salaries are ridiculous:nod:

Energy has two parts. Before the / is the current energy. It goes down after games, and is replenished during the nighttime update/training. After the / is the seasonal energy. Play a whole game with Very High Importance and seasonal energy drops by 2 points. Once seasonal energy drops, it can't be replenished during the season. It will be reset back to 100 when a new season starts. If your players have low energy, they start to play much worse.

Chemistry slowly goes up as the player plays games. It's a long process, but 100% chemistry helps your players play better.

Now we get to the attributes. Each one is set up the same. The first, bigger number is the actual attribute. The second, smaller green number is the Quality. The number below that in parenthesis is the how much the player needs to train to increase the attribute. So a (0.51) needs to train 49% the next night to increase the attribute by 1 point.

That's some basic basics. If you have any questions, just ask. That's why we're here.

I just did this as fast as possible. If anyone sees anything wrong with this stuff, please let me know. Or come up with something better:nod:

Last edited:

tujague

Feb 13, 2005

Here's what I'm working on for the HFB Player List. If you're not on the list, send me a link or something. I know I'm missing some people...

Canada
|
info
|
Hockey
|
Lg
|
|
Soccer
|
Lg
|
|
Handball
|
Lg
beetbout |
-​
| |
III.1​
|
| |
XX.x​
|
| |
II.3​
biznow
o.png
|
-​
| |
I.1​
|
| |
II.4​
|
| |
II.3​
canucks357 |
ecan.png
| |
II.3​
|
| |
I.1+
|
| |
I.1​
EspOrrsito (RBPK) |
-​
| |
II.4​
|
| |
II.1​
|
| |
II.2​
JoshLind |
-​
| |
III.3​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
| |
III.4​
neksys |
-​
| |
II.3​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
oldtymehockey |
-​
| |
II.1​
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
I.1​
PMullings |
-​
| |
I.1​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​

saint2e|
m_s.png
| |
II.4​
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
III.3​
Steve Shutt (aka XaviesCrown) |
-​
| |
II.3​
|
| |
II.3​
|
| |
I.1​
Temm |
-​
| |
II.3​
|
| |
XX.X​
|
|
---​
|
---​

---|
-​
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​

United States
|
info
|
Hockey
|
Lg
|
|
Soccer
|
Lg
|
|
Handball
|
Lg
BruinsFanMike82 |
-​
| |
III.7​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
Camrawrn |
-​
| |
I.1​
|
| |
II.1​
|
| |
I.1​
Coach Bruce (Hawkeye8) |
-​
| |
III.12​
|
| |
III.4​
|
| |
III.5​
Cory (Cory Martin) |
-​
| |
III.7​
|
| |
III.1​
|
|
---​
|
---​
diskothek |
-​
|
---​
|
---​
|
| |
III.6​
|
|
---​
|
---​
doug5984 |
-​
| |
II.3​
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
I.1​
kytihu |
-​
| |
xx.x​
|
| |
II.1+
|
| |
I.1​
Obryantj |
r.png
| |
I.1​
|
NT​
| |
I.1​
|
NT​
| |
II.1​
redcard(ngrover) |
-​
| |
II.3​
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
I.1​
tescosamoa |
m_s.png
| |
II.4​
|
| |
II.4​
|
| |
I.1​
tujague |
r.png
| |
II.4--
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
II.1​

---|
-​
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​

Other World:)
|
Country
|
Hockey
|
Lg
|
|
Soccer
|
Lg
|
|
Handball
|
Lg
Blue Blooded (aka AFant) |
SWE​
| |
II.3​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
Emerald
m_s.png
|
IRL​
| |
I.1​
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
xx.x​
Korppu |
FI​
| |
III.8​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
Mr. Orange PPMe |
NL​
| |
III.12​
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
III.1​
SaunaCrew(keeptdos) |
FI​
| |
II.1​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
suprvilce |
SLV​
| |
II.1​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
| |
I.1​
taipaddy |
ROC​
| |
III.12​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
trueblue55 |
AUS​
| |
I.1​
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
I.1​
vlady
c_s.png
|
SVK​
| |
III.2​
|
| |
IV.4​
|
| |
III.4​

|
-​
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​

Interesting Links
trueblue has a nice website with some interesting articles for both hockey and soccer. Lots of good info.

The PPM Eyrie - This is a manager who spent quite a bit of time figuring out what has become known as the tactics wheel. He's done some other stuff, but this is the important bit.
Normal -> Defensive -> Offensive -> Active Forechecking -> Counter Attacks -> Breaking Up -> Normal

Normal beats Defensive, Defensive beats Offensive, etc. You're not guaranteed a win, but playing the proper counter can give your team a big leg up.

Added based on Saint2e's preliminary data. Will update when possible.
To interpret your data and combine it with the fact we've been told it is cyclical (one beats another loses to another and is neutral to the other) we are left with:

Shooting vs Passive
Umbrella vs Active
Overload vs Diamond

Active vs Shooting
Diamond vs Umbrella
Passive vs Overload

Here's a very interesting Guide for new players from KnucklePuck
Knuckle's guide to success for PPM newbies
-------------------------------------------------

If you play division 1 the only goal is to win cups while keeping the income vs costs balanced. If you play in lower leagues (as a rookie you always start in the lower divisions), the goal is to maximise profit.

Step1:

For a rookie the only way to be successfull is to buy old well trained players (cheap guys around 10-50k $) on the market to make your team competive enough for the lowest leage level.

Step 2: Arena

Build it to medium/large stands. Keep it there. Once you get 100 Mil plus from sponsors, start upgrading to tripple multi.

Step 3: Facilities

Training/ Regeneration Facility: You don't need it because you don't have good young players to train anyway.

Sports Academy: The further the game proceeds the higher the number of players pulled into the system every week, meaning it becomes more and more difficult to pull decent prospects on lower levels (1-10). In season 2 and 3 you could pull superstars with level 5/6. It's almost impossible now, as the chance to pull talented prospects (not the quality just the chance) depends on the level of the academy. The system will even out a bit, when more teams have their academy built to level 15. Don't build it!

Education Center: You don't even need to know what staff is until your facilities reach level 10/11.

Medical Center: You wou won't have good players in foreseeable future. It doesn't matter if your players get hurt. Keep it at level 1.

Maintanance Center: Depends on arena and HR Department.

HR Department. Prime facility to build. The extra income in sponsor money will put you into position to build the other facilities.

Summary

Buy veteran players, build HR department and arena first. As the maintainance costs go up, build maintenance center. Each level of maintainance center saves 2% facility and arena costs.
Result: high income and very low costs as you don't have to maintain the other facilites and pay for staff.
Upgrade your team with veterans every now and then to keep your team competitive enough. Players that cost 100k today will cost 10k tommorrow. But keep an eye on their wages. Once you have a full arena and HR at level 12/13 only then start building the other facilities. Hire staff when your facilities reach level 10/11.

Good luck.

I'm not sure how I feel about some of his more interesting choices, but I can understand why he's doing it. I don't think you'll screw anything up if you do follow his lead. I especially love his advice about avoiding staff at all costs. Their salaries are way too high for their limited impact on crappy facilities.

Anything else needs to go here?

Last edited:

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
Reserved this to help organize the above mess. Hopefully I get around to doing that sooner than later.

Unless someone else would like to take a stab at it?:nod:

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
I'm hoping to get $25M for him. Is that realistic?

I would think that's a fair price. Not a lot of OR though. I couldn't take him on. If it was earlier in the season and I hadn't run both camps already, then I would have been all over it:)

Ahahahaha. . . no. I'm going to do everything I can to promote. With Baltic's insane team, Covington's well rounded team, and Tujague's team likely coming up, I need to get out of here as soon as I can. Our league will be extremely difficult next season.

I think next season it will be between the Rowdies, Miners , Flips and Tujague's team.

Baltic finishes between 6th and 10th. Squirrels will move up to the playoffs and you still have the Locos and Aggies to worry about.

Then add in Tossers, sockeyes and I believe Wings and Whites

It will be a tough division.

You two better run. Edison is coming for you:fight:

Enjoy your $18M fellas. Don't spend it all on one player.

18M for promoting? Really? I wonder how much I'll get from div III?

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
Post I put on usa bugs

Last night I set up my final game to use a set system I have. I saved it and verified it , yet some how it did not take and it cost me the first game of the final. It did not take the exception. The only thing I noticed that was different was on the next match area the match area was blank so I do not know if it can be duplicated. From what I remember is that I went in and changed the tactics for that game. ( http://handball.powerplaymanager.com...20130927374-nm) around 10PM Eastern Time This was right around when the match was generated in the calender. Then saved that change and viewed it on the match screen it was empty. So I did it again and it was still empty but the tourney game was there so I just assumed it was all good. I did not think of verifying today that the settings were correct as I usually wait to plan the following days games just before I go to sleep.

Hopefully you can duplicate this one so it does not happen down the road. Anyways. Great game hand ball.. Hopefully I can take game 2 and 3.

I forgot to add that the tactics that I had changed to showed up in that section of the next match.

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
You two better run. Edison is coming for you:fight:

18M for promoting? Really? I wonder how much I'll get from div III?

I'm trying to escape, but Tesc is preventing me from doing it!

And it's like 23 mil if you include playoff ranking money. :yo:

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
4th place for my Teslas. Was sitting in last and not winning for the longest time. Given all I have are GKs I'm pleased with that finish.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005

Sweet! I completely forgot about the promo bonus. Gonna have to figure out how to spend all of this cash now:yashin:

I'm trying to escape, but Tesc is preventing me from doing it!

I'm coming:squint:

Much tougher game 2. I was up by 7 early in the second, but Kalamazoo slowly chipped away at the lead finally getting it to one goal with a minute to go. I got nervous at that point, but we added an insurance marker and held on for the 24-22 win.

Much closer game than I expected, but I have to be honest, I didn't change a damn thing in the playoffs. I stuck with Backs/5-1 just to see if someone could stop my 3 backs. I expected to lose at least one game, but it wasn't even close until this last game. It'll be fun next season when I have to get into the tactics a bit more:nod:

4th place for my Teslas. Was sitting in last and not winning for the longest time. Given all I have are GKs I'm pleased with that finish.

Edison finishes in first and Tesla doesn't even get a medal. Hmm. I've seen this before somewhere. Where was that? Oh, yeah. Real life! *evil laugh*

Obryantj

Sep 7, 2010
My handball team won its 24th consecutive game against league opponents to capture the playoff title. I'll only get about 12M for winning the league and promoting.

In soccer, my top two forwards were suspended for today's match against Doug. Now two more of my players are suspended for Sunday's match. Tomorrow I'll play for the USA NC championship in a rematch of last season's ChL final. This is the type of match that I'd love to win. In this season's ChL I've made it to the round of 16 and drew 0-0 on the road in the first leg. Next Wednesday is a must-win match if I want to meet my goals for this season.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
I would think that's a fair price. Not a lot of OR though. I couldn't take him on. If it was earlier in the season and I hadn't run both camps already, then I would have been all over it:)

Thanks for the feedback. Do hope I can move him as my team could really use the cash to continue developing facilities

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
My Handball Team (Georgian Bay Giants - Canada II.2) lost by 1 point on the road today in the finals. Was winning by 2 with 5 minutes left. We each had four more shots down the stretch. Elton scores on all 4 shots and my team scores only 1. :( Tough way to lose. My goalies suck under pressure.

We're playing game 3 tomorrow and I have home court advantage - the extra home revenue will be nice but I'm feeling the pressure and hope my team can pull off the win to advance to I.1. If not, we'll have to try and beat out one these three in the promotion/relegation series:

Guelph Huevos
Droogs
Orleans Swollen Shafts

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
Uggh lost my best OR player today. RW. Not a good sign for game 3 of the II.1 final Now to adjust. :(

Hockey I am on autopilot. HR 11 will be done in 25 days and started MC 8. First TR15 is well on its way. So now its time to just save up for the next TR15 at the end of the season and I will start MC 9. I am sitting in 10th place 19 out of regulation. So I am very happy about that. Just going to limp through the next two seasons and get the arena done.

Football the first two TR15 are well on their way to being done. HR11 is being built as is MC8. I will start MC9 at the end of the season and will have enough saved up for the next two TR15. Then the goal next season is to save up for the final 4. HR12 and MC10. I am very happy with the season so far. First time in II.1 I am sitting in 12th 15 points behind 11th and 10 points up on 15th. So I am going to fight to stay 12th.

Handball. Well today is the finals for 1st in the playoffs of II.1 SA7 is done in 4 days. Have the cash to start SA8. TR7 ,HR7 and MC4 are being built. With the promotion money I will have enough to start the 600 seat stand to help finance the first TR for the end of next season. I had a very good season. No matter the outcome today. I am very happy with the season.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
<Revokes Free ProPack> <Pause for effect while tenting fingers>

:laugh: Nice.

My handball team won its 24th consecutive game against league opponents to capture the playoff title. I'll only get about 12M for winning the league and promoting.

24 straight wins? Holy cow. I wasn't quite as successful, but I ended the season on a pretty good run as well. 15 straight wins including playoffs. 24-1-2 in the last 27.

Thanks for the feedback. Do hope I can move him as my team could really use the cash to continue developing facilities

Let us know when he's listed. I'll help get the bidding going.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
What happens with training if I run a camp that only leaves 3-4 players to play games? I know some players will be pulled from camp to field a minimum lineup. Will they get regular training or Training Camp training?

-----
Anyone else see this?

Niklazzon says:
And the decision about new sport has fallen today! Its still secret but it will be launched SOON!!! (tuttle)

Niklazzon : Full version planned within next 6 months.

:amazed:

I'm hoping for Biathlon, Tennis or Formula 1. Pretty much anything but Basketball. That's way too similar to hockey and handball. So it'll probably be Basketball:)

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
What happens with training if I run a camp that only leaves 3-4 players to play games? I know some players will be pulled from camp to field a minimum lineup. Will they get regular training or Training Camp training?

-----
Anyone else see this?

They won't get the training camp bonus I don't think.

I may be part of the development/testing team. That is TBD. If I am I won't be able to talk about it. However, I recall a while ago that they said they may do cycling since tennis and F1 are already out there.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
I may be part of the development/testing team. That is TBD. If I am I won't be able to talk about it. However, I recall a while ago that they said they may do cycling since tennis and F1 are already out there.

Cycling could be cool. Will we be able to dope?

Emerald76

May 20, 2010
Dubh Linn
Handball, had a bit of a disastrous season until the final 3rd, when I was able to string a few wins together, but ultimately failed at the last hurdle and dropped into the relegation round.

Won all 9 of my relegation games so far and have climbed to 3rd in the OTR ratings for my league - which is nice, but strange at the same time.

~

Soccer is a different ball game altogether and yesterday won 4-0 on the road to make it 29 league games played, 29 games unbeaten, dropping 4 points on the way with 2 draws.
One would be fooled to think I've all but wrapped up the league title, but I'm only 4 poins clear with a slightly worse goal dfference to 2nd place team.
The good nes is that all the tough games are out of the way and it *should* be plain sailing to the end of he season.

~

Hockey, started out well and got a good away win under my belt today against one of may main rivals and have made it to 15 wins out of 15 games.
Like soccer, I've gotten the big teams out of the way until after the halfway mrk so shouldn't be a problem consolidating the lead I have till the 2nd half of the season gets under way. Now is about conserving some energy till the PO's as I have not had a good record there over the past 3 seasons, m bogey team Swords Gladiators somehow always manages to find a way to beat me!!

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Cycling could be cool. Will we be able to dope?

Hahahahahahahahaha :D

Baseball would be logical. That would REALLY take off in N.A. and in turn they'd get more people playing hockey and/or soccer. Problem is, they don't know anything about baseball like we knew nothing about handball. Sadly, baseball is likely the easiest sport to code:

Pitch - Ball/Strike/Hit
If Hit - Single/Double/Triple/HR/Out
etc.

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
Won in the finals yesterday in handball and I'll be promoting! Not as high OTR as some other teams that are promoting but oh well.

Rather disappointing result in today's hockey match, playing at home, win tactics, outshoot oponent 33-9 yet still lose 2:3. I think one of the biggest problems in PPM is shot differential "calculatios" which leads people to belive there are so many "random" results. My oponent today had a stronger team than mine but he only got 9 shots? Something like 33-24 would be more realistic even after including home advantage and tactics. If there were few more "indicators" of how game went there would be a lot less complaints. Something like number of scoring chances, turnovers/takeaways, hits,... Though I blame the loss solely on poor shot Q of my players. Well, for the money I got them,.. beggars can't be choosers.

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
Hahahahahahahahaha :D

Baseball would be logical. That would REALLY take off in N.A. and in turn they'd get more people playing hockey and/or soccer. Problem is, they don't know anything about baseball like we knew nothing about handball. Sadly, baseball is likely the easiest sport to code:

Pitch - Ball/Strike/Hit
If Hit - Single/Double/Triple/HR/Out
etc.

If only it was that easy... The setup screens for the outfield and infield would be intensive as well as the pitching rotations and substitutions...

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
won II.1 Camrawrn and I watched it while in the chat room at the site. The shadow babies fell into 2min problems around 24 minutes in and the Generals took full advantage of it and took over the game. Then the reserves came out and held on to end the game 42-30. :yo:

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
won II.1 Camrawrn and I watched it while in the chat room at the site. The shadow babies fell into 2min problems around 24 minutes in and the Generals took full advantage of it and took over the game. Then the reserves came out and held on to end the game 42-30. :yo:

I'll get my revenge. . . next season. Hopefully.

So who do I have to play in the promotion round? I'm assuming it'll be like hockey/soccer, and the worst team (in this case, 11th place) plays the II.1 team.

I just realized something. Wouldn't a team theoretically get more OTR by winning one game in the finals, then winning both games in the promotion round? Or do you earn less OTR from wins in the promotion round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad