Speculation: Potienial Malkin Destinations

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
If you amplify the sound 66.2x from 0:27.56 to 0:31.76 in this video, you can hear Malkin's agent say "$8 million or we walk" from the 11th row.
Nice catch! I didn’t think of that! I was in the process of slowing the video down to match the length of The Wizard of Oz while isolating Errey’s vocals to see if I could find any synchronicities.

Reactions: KareemTrustfund

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
theyre letting Strome walk and they have about $11 mil in cap space with about $2 mil more when they trade or release Reaves. They could do it but they won’t be able to sign remaining higher priced UFAs like Copp…

Geno’s going to pay the Rangers $2 million to not have Trouba accidentally elbow him in the head…
They have 8 total forwards signed, they have to resign Kakko and Gauthier, they need a back up...what kind of money can they really throw at Malkin that we couldn't match that would also allow them to round out their team?

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They have 8 total forwards signed, they have to resign Kakko and Gauthier, they need a back up...what kind of money can they really throw at Malkin that we couldn't match that would also allow them to round out their team?

They’re the Rangers…they get away with shit…how does Vegas get away with trading for Stone and Eichel and resigning the former? Lol

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
🔥🔥🔥 Want to discuss some of your findings on my podcast? I have a few spots open this week.
I can't put my family at that much risk.

Good luck, dog. You're doing God's work at the very affordable price of only $12/month. (20% off if you use the promo code DUDE20 at sign up)

Last edited:
Reactions: dogthateats

BigVegas17

Mar 4, 2018
They’re the Rangers…they get away with shit…how does Vegas get away with trading for Stone and Eichel and resigning the former? Lol
They have $11M total available to sign/add 5 forwards, 1 dman, and a backup goalie. I don't think even Vegas could figure out a way to have one of those 5 Fs be an 8M guy and still make the math work.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
And giving Malkin what he wants because "he earned it" is exactly what the Hawks did with Toews. How is that working for them?

Again, if keeping Malkin makes your team better, keep him. If letting him go makes your team better, let him go. Don't let this sentimental crap influence the results. The sole focus here should be making the team as good as it can be. If letting Malkin go makes your team better somehow, you let him go.
I am as big fan of Geno as there is one but I agree 100% with this as long as they are sure that they evaluate what Geno can really bring say next three years. He will always be legend here, his jersey retired, get all the corny shit that goes with this, but this is a league with limited cap and zero luxury to spend money on anything that does not increase your chance of winning. Do I trust our mgmt to evaluate that properly. not so much. but in theory keep emotions in check and do your due diligince and make decision.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
If we are stupid enough to let Geno walk over a few million…this org deserves to be boo’ed out the wazoo.

This is a franchise legend who’se won damn near everything possible there is to win and helped get 3 Cups for our team. You don’t lowball or quibble with a guy like that over a few million…you say “take what you want…you’ve earned it!!”

If they foolishly let him go, I hope fan attendance plummets for years.

You don’t dick around with generational players. Who knows if we’ll ever land another player of Geno’s caliber again???

I’m willing to bet a hard no.
You have to have tickets to boo. No one who goes will. Have a nice holiday.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
When will Burke the media whore start bashing Malkin to anyone that’ll listen?

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
I hate this thread.

But, with the instability of Russia right now I think it's hard to gauge if Malkin would want to go back to the KHL right now. I assume a deal gets done and he remains a penguin but that's just blind optimism.

As spoiled as Pens fans have been over the last 30 years, superstars don't grow on trees. You have no idea when the next time a player of his caliber will walk in the door again.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

As spoiled as Pens fans have been over the last 30 years, superstars don't grow on trees. You have no idea when the next time a player of his caliber will walk in the door again.

Exactly, which is why I said earlier that you don’t/shouldn’t dick around with paying our generational players. Who knows if we’ll ever land another player of Geno’s caliber again???

We’ve already been more than lucky to land two generational tandems twice (Mario-Jagr and Sid-Geno). Eventually our luck will run out and we’ll be basement dwellers for eons.

Reactions: KareemTrustfund

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Exactly, which is why I said earlier that you don’t/shouldn’t dick around with paying our generational players. Who knows if we’ll ever land another player of Geno’s caliber again???

We’ve already been more than lucky to land two generational tandems twice (Mario-Jagr and Sid-Geno). Eventually our luck will run out and we’ll be basement dwellers for eons.
I’d hate to lose Geno because of Ron friggin Hextall and Brian Burke. One guy that hasn’t done anything relevant in 15 years and another guy that was run out of town in Philly, and has never done anything special on his own.

Wake up, FSG.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
With no respect to the Geno bashers, he's never come out and flat out said it's Pittsburgh or no where like Bergeron. All he's said is vague things like I'm not worried about money, I'm a rich guy. Don't get insulted if you get offered $5 mill per year when you publicly say you don't care about money.
I guess saying he wants to end his career in Pittsburgh isn't enough.

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad