Pre-Game Talk: Potential P-Word Preview: Montreal Canadiens @ Toronto Maple Leafs | Saturday Apr. 13

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
“@reporterchris: I'm told Mikhail Grabovski is dealing with a health issue. It is not considered serious.”

“@DavidAlter590: Grabovski in NY examined for gastro intestinal issues”

“@DavidAlter590: Carlyle says Grabo has been dealing with this for a couple of years now”

“@reporterchris: Carlyle on Lupul: "He's close." However, the coach acknowledges the player has had "concussion-like" symptoms.”

“@mirtle: Carlyle: Grabovski has had longstanding GI illness and has been losing weight recently. Is in NYC for testing.”

“@DavidAlter590: Carlyle says he feels lupul has been cleared for contact. Still day to day”

Then
“@DavidAlter590: While Carlyle thought Lupul had been clearedfor contact. Lupul confirmed that has not actually happened yet.”

Somewhat good news, mod brothers you can merge post

Last edited by a moderator:

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
#1 in Power Play Opportunities -- Montreal
#1 in Power Play Time ------------ Montreal

Average amount of time/game Montreal has the extra man... 6.5 mins (11%)

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
“@mirtle: Carlyle: Grabovski has had longstanding GI illness and has been losing weight recently. Is in NYC for testing.”

I'm sorry to hear that. It would certainly explain his lack of form this season.

Last edited:

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
alright there is not much smack talk. I'll get it going, but give a warning, remember the rules.
----

I wonder what Maxi-pad is upto now these days...after his tetanus and running away while crying thinking he was being hunt down by chompers the cannibal.

I heard that Gionta wasn't allowed on Behemouth at Wonderland over the summer. Didn't meet the height requirements.

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
“@mirtle: Carlyle: Grabovski has had longstanding GI illness and has been losing weight recently. Is in NYC for testing.â€

This explains much of his recent play, loosing weight most often means loosing strength and/or stamina as well.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
It's all that Pacioretty meat

In all seriousness though, that sounds rough and I hope they can get that fixed :s
I blame tainted maxipad. That guy was using his tetanus to hide the truth! :sarcasm:

This explains much of his recent play, loosing weight most often means loosing strength and/or stamina as well.

Agreed, it definitely tooks take the steam out of a player's game. I hope he recovers soon. However it's a bit troublesome for a team that still relies on him, hopefully this is a chance for Joe Colborne to step up.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
#1 in Power Play Opportunities -- Montreal
#1 in Power Play Time ------------ Montreal

Average amount of time/game Montreal has the extra man... 6.5 mins (11%)

Wow, and they're the biggest complainers about the reffing LMFAO. Give me a break

rustysvetz

Dec 16, 2009
Toronto
Wow, and they're the biggest complainers about the reffing LMFAO. Give me a break

I'm sure this has been gone over quite a bit, I dont get to read here every day. An interesting stat...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.ht...roadPPMinusPKSeconds&viewName=penaltyKillTime

If you take a look at MTL's total PP time, and minus their total PK time, they sit at +39:21... 24 minutes higher than 2nd. Quite a jump.

Also interesting how the two teams ahead of us in the standings in the Northeast, are so polarazing in terms of team style and I wonder if that has more of an effect on those numbers than "luck, unfairness" have to do with it. Boston's had nothing but success despite being at -36:45

Faster team, moving its legs more, people cant keep up leading to more penalties? Or is MTL the luckiest team in the league this year? lol

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
Faster team, moving its legs more, people cant keep up leading to more penalties? Or is MTL the luckiest team in the league this year? lol

I think an objective person knows the obvious answer if they watched Habs games.
Most Leafs and Bruins won't like the answer.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
Do they have anyone who can even fight Mclaren or Orr? Wel prob see Mark Fraser through down

They don't need anyone to fight Orr or McLaren.
Montreal's 4th line from the regular season will be the 4th line in the playoffs.
The goonery and thuggery won't work in the playoffs.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
“@DavidAlter590: While Carlyle thought Lupul had been clearedfor contact. Lupul confirmed that has not actually happened yet.â€

rustysvetz

Dec 16, 2009
Toronto
I think an objective person knows the obvious answer if they watched Habs games.
Most Leafs and Bruins won't like the answer.

Well I dont have the time to watch games from other teams on a regular basis so though I was laughing about it, because the discrepancy is quite large and because I know a lot of people will jump to the conspiracy theory, I was genuinely interested in it.

If you take a look at the Leafs, whose games I do get to watch regularly, who's drawing most of the penalties? Kadri. Fast, always keeps his legs moving. So I've no doubt MTL is controlling their own fate.

Good for MTL, to not only draw those penalties but to stay out of the box at a respectable amount too.

Edit: Also goes to show how dangerous Boston is... having that much success despite being shorthanded an awful lot (that pk helps keep things in perspective of course)

Last edited:

Asif16*

Montreal's 4th line from the regular season will be the 4th line in the playoffs.

Lol. Its funny how the habs after all these years of being soft, has made their fans soft as hell too.

Also, its funny how you say we dont watch Habs game, so we know nothing about your alleged 8 powerplays. Well i could probably say the same thing to you. You clearly dont watch any leaf games either, cuz Orr and Mclaren arent straight up "goons". Carlyle has made them into decent 4th line hockey players, doesnt matter how many min they play. Worry about your team instead of ours.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Funny you say that but... Colton Orr, McLaren etc are right there in points with your 4th liners, they also play good D (can cycle the puck too) and provide that intimidation factor.

One of Orr/McLaren will always be in the playoffs. My bet is that McLaren plays, as he's a better hockey player than Orr.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
Well I dont have the time to watch games from other teams on a regular basis so though I was laughing about it, because the discrepancy is quite large and because I know a lot of people will jump to the conspiracy theory, I was genuinely interested in it.

My bad. Just used to responding the BS conspiracy theory posts.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Our 4th line needs to put a big hurt on the Habs D. Smash them hard at every opportunity!

Komarov and Kulemin need to help out physically as well!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad