Pre-Game Talk: Potential P-Word Preview: Montreal Canadiens @ Toronto Maple Leafs | Saturday Apr. 13

Doshy

Oct 7, 2007
This is amazing! How did I not see it till now? Whoever is making the GDT on Saturday, find a way to incorporate this please.

Also with a picture of Lupul sitting in the press box next to a red button. :laugh:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Yeah, Boston's inability to take the division lead is pissing me off. At this rate we'll be playing them in the first round.

We'll have to win it for them :laugh:

Beat the Habs twice and there is no way the Bruins don't take the division.

Doshy

Oct 7, 2007
If Montreal keeps winning and Boston keeps losing...remind me why we don't wanna play Boston instead? Lol. We sucked against them last year but our coach was Wilson for the most part, and we didn't have the same team. We're fairly even this year. 1-2-1 I think? The OT loss was a shootout so if that's a playoff game it coulda went our way.

It'd be just as close as a series vs the Habs I think. And losing to Boston wouldn't be as embarrassing.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
If Montreal keeps winning and Boston keeps losing...remind me why we don't wanna play Boston instead? Lol. We sucked against them last year but our coach was Wilson for the most part, and we didn't have the same team. We're fairly even this year. 1-2-1 I think? The OT loss was a shootout so if that's a playoff game it coulda went our way.

It'd be just as close as a series vs the Habs I think. And losing to Boston wouldn't be as embarrassing.

I don't know if you remember, back in the day Ottawa during regular season used to have our numbers. Hossa, Havlat and Alfie used to do loops around Berg and Belak. That was a different case in the playoffs.

We have speed advantage and in playoffs that's premium. I would love to play the B's and put them in their place. They don't have Tim Thomas anymore, who single handily won them the Stanley Cup

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Do we clinch a playoff spot next week?

I think so. if we beat Montreal, and our next game (or get 2 points in the 2 games, and NJ loses both... or gets 1 point... that brings us really close)

but in all seriousness we should be clinching by next Saturday. (fingers crossed, prayers sent and all that jazz).

Asif16*

Montreal had 8 powerplays tonight againt the sabres?? WOW. Holy ****. YOu gotta be kidding me. Disgrace.
Get ready for the dive show on saturday night guys.

Doshy

Oct 7, 2007
Montreal had 8 powerplays tonight againt the sabres?? WOW. Holy ****. YOu gotta be kidding me. Disgrace.

You should be used to calls going against us lol.

It's why our PK is so good.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Funny part is yesterday, Habs fans were claiming that refs at ACC are really against the Habs. :laugh:

I mean, as if that game changing call against Mike Brown wasn't enough? :laugh:

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal

Came here to say that I hope saturday's game will be a good one, then I saw this.

May I ask if you watched the game? Do you know that the shots were 42 to 15 for the Canadiens and we circled around them the whole night and the Sabres took lots of penalties because of it? Our forwards' uses their speed to draw penalties, it's part of the gameplan. If you really think the refs are specially in our favor then I really don't know what to say.

That said, I'm a hardcore Kadri fan (even got his jersey) and I always cheer for him when it's not against us. Plus, I really like Toronto, I come for Jays games when I have time, so I find myself wanting the Leafs to do well aside from when it's against the Habs. So, I hope that it's gonna be fun one, and I guess one with not a lot of penalties?

Asif16*

Came here to say that I hope saturday's game will be a good one, then I saw this.

May I ask if you watched the game? Do you know that the shots were 42 to 15 for the Canadiens and we circled around them the whole night and the Sabres took lots of penalties because of it? Our forwards' uses their speed to draw penalties, it's part of the gameplan. If you really think the refs are specially in our favor then I really don't know what to say.

That said, I'm a hardcore Kadri fan (even got his jersey) and I always cheer for him when it's not against us. Plus, I really like Toronto, I come for Jays games when I have time, so I find myself wanting the Leafs to do well aside from when it's against the Habs. So, I hope that it's gonna be fun one, and I guess one with not a lot of penalties?

Fair enough. But 8 powerplays is just a mind blowing stat. I didnt watch tonights game, so i guess i cant back my claim up, but I did watch the caps-habs game a couple of days ago. The habs were diving all over the place triyng to get calls. My opinion though.

Kinda weird that a habs fan being a kadri fan though. Hoping for a good game, with less diving

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
Fair enough. But 8 powerplays is just a mind blowing stat. I didnt watch tonights game, so i guess i cant back my claim up, but I did watch the caps-habs game a couple of days ago. The habs were diving all over the place triyng to get calls. My opinion though.

Kinda weird that a habs fan being a kadri fan though. Hoping for a good game, with less diving

And in that game, the penalties were tied 1-1 between Habs and Caps and only penalty called was Ovechkin for a slash resulting in a broken stick. So, if teams don't play on their heels against us, they rarely get called that much as the Sabres did tonight. There are a few players on our team that falls pretty easy, and honestly, it bothers me when they do it too. But also, some of them, Desharnais for example, the guy just falls even when he collides with a teamate or with the boards. It makes him look pretty bad when he gets hit or stick-checked.
The Sabres penalties, except the Gerbe one (didn't understand much of that one), were pretty well-deserved.

I was a Kadri fan from before the draft, I actually was there live at the draft when the Leafs drafted him :laugh: Knew he was gonna turn out to be something good. Feel pretty weird cheering for the Leafs though :laugh:

Yes, same here, hoping for a clean game. You guys are gonna hit us all night and we're gonna try to play our skating game, and may the best team win.

Last edited:

Asif16*

And in that game, the penalties were tied 1-1 between Habs and Caps and only penalty called was Ovechkin for a slash resulting in a broken stick. So, if teams don't play on their heels against us, they rarely get called. There are a few players on our team that falls pretty easy, and honestly, it bothers me when they do it too. But also, some of them, Desharnais for example, the guy just falls even when he collides with a teamate or with the boards. It makes him look pretty bad when he gets hit or stick-checked.
The Sabres penalties, except the Gerbe one (didn't understand much of that one), were pretty well-deserved.

I was a Kadri fan from before the draft, I actually was there live at the draft when the Leafs drafted him :laugh: Knew he was gonna turn out to be something good. Feel pretty weird cheering for the Leafs though :laugh:

Yes, same here, hoping for a clean game. You guys are gonna hit us all night and we're gonna try to play our skating game, and may the best team win.

Cool cool. May the best team win indeed. Hoping for a first round matchup as well

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Leafs are flying
Nobody want's to play us now.

tumblr_me4qn9zBm51rcwh5ro1_400.gif

Kessley Snipes*

“@mlse: Ok, I'm not panicking. Plenty of reasonable explanations for Grabbo to not be at practice. *rocks back and forth*â€

Randy_Carlyle_0410_NP-600x320.jpg

"Orr-Hamilton-McClaren and Kostka-Holzer will be the only players to dress for the remainder of the season"

Murphy Blue

Live blue
Nov 12, 2008
Newfoundland
My prediction is that Grabovski has done something in the dressing room which has earned him a seat in the press box or worse. 2 games for having a big head comes to mind. But who knows really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad