6) Morin
7) Frost
8) Ratcliffe
9) Vorobyov
10) Allison

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
looking at a lot of these lists it seems a lot of people have really cooled on Laberge. i still think he's one of our top forward prospects.

I'm still high on him, but with some shiny new toys and the great play of a lot of guys it's really tough to give him the benefit of the doubt. The concussion had a lot to do with it, but he wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire prior to it either. Hoping he's healthy and can take a big step this year.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
My short list, which I'm completely unqualified to make:

1) Patrick
2) Sanheim
3) Lindblom
4) Myers
5) Rubtsov
6) Morin
7) Frost
8) Ratcliffe
9) Vorobyov
10) Allison
I like this list but Hagg should be there instead of Allison, maybe?

MCoster

Jan 12, 2016
Just to be clear, we have 37 prospects that are under 25 and not in the NHL? Wow. Is that normal for a franchise? It seems high.

Not sure if it's normal but a decent amount should graduate this year, and this assumes all RFA's will be tendered.

The current roster only has 11 F, 5 D, and 1 G that aren't considered prospects but FA could add a few there (like Weal).

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Flyers should lose a fair amount of guys to graduation currently on the list by next year. Some mix of Patrick, Lindblom, Morin, Hagg, Sanheim, Leier, & Veechione could be off it next summer.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
The Flyers should lose a fair amount of guys to graduation currently on the list by next year. Some mix of Patrick, Lindblom, Morin, Hagg, Sanheim, Leier, & Veechione could be off it next summer.

They will also be gaining two first rounders in next years draft. If they end up with a lottery pick in next years draft (and potentially 2 with St. Louis's pick), the prospect pool becomes beyond sick.

I hope they make the playoffs. I want to watch playoff hockey. But the metro divison is tough and getting a lottery prize in next year's draft, which is supposedly a great draft stacked with wingers, would be a nice consolation prize for what I hope will be a Stanley Cup run in 2018-2019.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They will also be gaining two first rounders in next years draft. If they end up with a lottery pick in next years draft (and potentially 2 with St. Louis's pick), the prospect pool becomes beyond sick.

I hope they make the playoffs. I want to watch playoff hockey. But the metro divison is tough and getting a lottery prize in next year's draft, which is supposedly a great draft stacked with wingers, would be a nice consolation prize for what I hope will be a Stanley Cup run in 2018-2019.

St. Louis' pick is Top 10 protected next year.

Hoping for the Flyers pick to be in the Lottery is the last thing we should be doing.

We finished 13th to last this season. Improving by just a few spots has us back in the Playoffs and should be our expectation after the roster changes (assuming the goalie situation is rectified).

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Pierre guaranteed playoffs.

They will have to displace Pittsburgh, Washington, Columbus and NYR, while staying ahead of an improved NJ, Carolina and NYI (with the addition of Barzal and Pulock). I think they can make the playoffs but the Metro is a ridiculous division. I think in the Atlantic they would be one of the top 2 seeds.

Realistically, I don't think they displace Pittsburgh or Washington or Columbus. Columbus with not regress with Panarin and the potential additions of PLD and Milano. The Rangers situation is interesting. They desperately need a D and it will be interesting to see what happens with Shattenkirk and Brendan Smith. I could see Buffalo offering Shattenkirk 7 x 7, which the Rangers may be unwilling to come close to. Brendan Smith could end up with a big offer from NJ or Colorda, which are desperate for D. If the Rangers cannot improve their backend, I don't think it will make a difference if they add Hanzal or another free agent forward. We could realistically overtake the Rangers. Even if we do, NYI and Carolina might be nipping at our heels.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Depending on goaltending, the Flyers can definitely finish as the 4 seed in the Metro.

The Rangers so far have lost Stepan and Lindberg and have added DeAngelo.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
St. Louis' pick is Top 10 protected next year.

Hoping for the Flyers pick to be in the Lottery is the last thing we should be doing.

We finished 13th to last this season. Improving by just a few spots has us back in the Playoffs and should be our expectation after the roster changes (assuming the goalie situation is rectified).

I did not mean a top 3 pick, but a top 15 pick that gets to select a lottery ball.

The Flyers finished with 88 points, which was 14 points behind the 4 seed in the Metro (the Ranges). The Flyers also finished 7 points behind the last wildcard (Toronto).

Alot of teams think they are going to improve next year. Tampa has to think it will make the playoffs. Boston should be much improved with McAvoy. Ottawa is adding Chabot and White. Montreal added Drouin. Buffalo might add Shattenkirk and Eichel was injured for much of last season.

It is no slam dunk to make the playoffs. I want to make the playoffs but lets not pretend it will be easy.

Finally, I do not want an early pick. At this point, I would much rather we make the playoffs. But if we end up with 2 picks in the 11-15 range, it would added to what is already a ridiculous prospect pool.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I did not mean a top 3 pick, but a top 15 pick that gets to select a lottery ball.

The Flyers finished with 88 points, which was 14 points behind the 4 seed in the Metro. The Flyers also finished 7 points behind Toronto.

Alot of teams think they are going to improve next year. Tampa has to think it will make the playoffs. Boston should be much improved with McAvoy. Ottawa is adding Chabot and White. Montreal added Drouin. Buffalo might add Shattenkirk and Eichel was injured for much of last season.

It is no slam dunk to make the playoffs. I want to make the playoffs but lets not pretend it will be easy.

Its not just as simple as who is being added. You also have to look at who is leaving, who is aging, etc.

If Montreal, for example, doesnt re-sign Radulov than adding Drouin is a wash. Their D is in shambles as well.

Ottawa just lost top-pairing dman Methot to Ottawa.

Nothing is a slam dunk but I EXPECT our boys to get in. We havent missed twice in a row since the early 90s.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Depending on goaltending, the Flyers can definitely finish as the 4 seed in the Metro.

The Rangers so far have lost Stepan and Lindberg and have added DeAngelo.

The Rangers are going to make a hard push for Shattenkirk and Smith and other free agents. Their roster is not a finished product by any means. We could be 4th in the metro, but it will be tough.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The Rangers are going to make a hard push for Shattenkirk and Smith and other free agents. Their roster is not a finished product by any means. We could be 4th in the metro, but it will be tough.

Of course..hence so far :)

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I like this list but Hagg should be there instead of Allison, maybe?

I have Allison over both Hagg and Morin. I watched a handful of Allison games this year and the kid was dominant every shift. Pretty sure all the feeds were away feeds too and even the broadcasters couldn't believe how far his game has came.

He looked like a young Todd Bertuzzi in the way he moves with so much power. His shot is very heavy too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad