Possibly another Phenome like Crosby comming from Halifax

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
rangerx12 said:
Yeah Antony is good, real good, so is randall for the rock, another is Devon MacAusland from PEI who is playing in Moncton. The Atlantic u-17's team in a few years will be unreal,

Christopher Doyle from PEI is amazing too. Top pick in 2006 Q draft, hes going to Notre Dame in Wilcox this season.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Anfernic said:
Crosby, Tessier, Cormier, Anthony what the hell do they eat in atlantic Canada, maybe they should give their secret to quebec because even if we have 10 times more players they aren't as good

What's funny is none of them have even made the NHL yet.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
The impression I get is that Anthony is just so much bigger than his peers. Is that factor considered at all around here?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
tom_servo said:
The impression I get is that Anthony is just so much bigger than his peers. Is that factor considered at all around here?

Its a valid point you raise and I have thought about it. He is 6'01 and a lot of players he plays against arent nearly that big, but he still has exceptional skills, plus he played as a 13 year old where a lot of the players were 14/15

Macman

May 15, 2004
Atlantic Canada has always been a dead zone for hockey talent, but is now beginning to produce some excellent players. That's good news for the future strength of Canadian hockey.

AgentNaslund*

Macman said:
Atlantic Canada has always been a dead zone for hockey talent, but is now beginning to produce some excellent players. That's good news for the future strength of Canadian hockey.

Canada has always been the strongest, and still will be the strongest in years to come in developing the best players in the world. Even the most biased American and Russian fans know that.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
AgentNaslund said:
Canada has always been the strongest, and still will be the strongest in years to come in developing the best players in the world. Even the most biased American and Russian fans know that.
I don't think Canada has always been the strongest. Not too long ago, I was worried about our young talent or rather our lack of talent. In the late 90's, there weren't too many young Canadians that I was very impressed with. Only in recent years where I started to have confidence at our young generation again. So I think you're being biased and kind of arrogant buy saying that we've always been the strongest.

CRUNK JUICE

Nov 19, 2002
Austin, TX
webspace.utexas.edu
Canuck21t said:
I don't think Canada has always been the strongest. Not too long ago, I was worried about our young talent or rather our lack of talent. In the late 90's, there weren't too many young Canadians that I was very impressed with. Only in recent years where I started to have confidence at our young generation again. So I think you're being biased and kind of arrogant buy saying that we've always been the strongest.

As at least a partially unbiased observer (I really don't feel any more ties to American prospects or players than I do to players of any other nationality)....

These things seem to come and go in cycles (as far as elite talent goes). Remember Sweden in the early and mid 90's with guys like Naslund and Forsberg. Then, early in the millinium we had the Russians (Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, Malkin), and now it looks the Americans are producing some really, really good talent. That said, as far as sheer volume of elite talent, I feel like Canada's going to win pretty much all the time.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
This is my take on Canadian hockey:

At any given level, the top end Canadian talent is USUALLY top 3 in the world, often #1. However, if you took the top 10 teams from each country, and played them all in a tournament, while the top Canadian team may win or not, I feel confident that of the teams 2-10 from Canada, they would be better than the other country's teams 2-10. Go ahead and make a depth chart and look at it. Players like Patrick Marleau and Mark Recchi could be on the 3rd tier Canadian team. What other country could boast talent like that on their third team? So, while Canada is always in the running for the top place, it is the depth of talent that makes Canada, in my opinion, the best hockey country.

And I am not Canadian, so this is not about nationalism, it is just the way things seem to me.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Epsilon said:
Or a Daigle-Falloon. ;)

Expect to see both of these guys on the Flyers' 3rd line in 10 years.

My favorite post in sometime... :)

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Jon Prescription said:
I'd still like to know why someone would choose the BCHL over the USHL at this point.

Closer to home? Wants to stay in Canada?

Why, who chose the BCHL over the USHL?

The USHL may be a better league but the BCHL is churning out some pretty good talent as well. Tambellini, Zajac and Chucko. Thast 3 1st rounders in 3 years. BCHL hasnt hindered their development in anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad