Possibly another Phenome like Crosby comming from Halifax

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerman44

Jan 17, 2005
nfld
also i dont know if u heard of him but a guy down here on the rock named travis randell is a godd upcoming star....not sure if he is as good as anthony we will have to wait and see

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
bradly said:
i've played with anthony a couple of times before and he is really good but how do u even know if he's goin to play hockey still, what if he quits and pursues baseball???

Hes going to Shattuck in the fall, ifhe wasnt serious about hockey than I doubt he'd be going all the way to Minnesota when he could just stay in Halifax and play Bantam again, or play in Halifax Midget AAA.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
bradly said:
also i dont know if u heard of him but a guy down here on the rock named travis randell is a godd upcoming star....not sure if he is as good as anthony we will have to wait and see

Never heard of him. Have you ever seen Evan Mosher play?

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Kirk Pedersen said:
I'd consider the USHL to be worse if you want to develop into an NHL player, but that's just how I see it.

The USHL is a worse route than the BCHL? Say they're equal or close to equal but nothing can say the USHL is worse!

Let's take a look at the CSB rankings for comparison sake right now... 6 BCHL kids ranked (highest: 126) while there are 27 USHL kids ranked (highest: 29).

You can make the arguement that rankings mean nothing but the fact is the general consensus is the USHL presents a more pro style of the game.

The BCHL is an awesome league but just because you live in B.C. you can't hold it above the USHL and call the USHL a "worse league".

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
eaton28 said:
he isnt better then traveres(sp) :teach:

Have you watched both? If you have than i respect your opinion, if you havent than youre opinion doesnt mean anything on here because you cant judge 2 players by seeing 1 play. The people who have seen Anthony play arent saying he is better than Tavares, it seems the ones that are brining Tavares into the picture are the ones who have only see Tavares play.

bearcat11

Mar 14, 2005
Nova Scotia
I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet or not, but I've heard he isn't eligible to play for the Subways, and has to play for the Halifax McDonald's instead. Why is that? Why didn't Sidney Crosby have to play for the Cole Harour Rage when he played major AAA? My understanding was always that if the team which has your territorial rights cuts you, you are free to go wherever....but I'm sure the Rage would have loved to have Crosby back when he was 14, yet he played in Dartmouth. Also La-La-Laprise is he played at Shattuck on the prep team as a 14 year old next year?

gamerman44

Jan 17, 2005
nfld
yes ive seen evan mosher play, I've played against him this year in bantam hockey, he is very good, very big, hard to score on!!

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
bearcat11 said:
I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet or not, but I've heard he isn't eligible to play for the Subways, and has to play for the Halifax McDonald's instead. Why is that? Why didn't Sidney Crosby have to play for the Cole Harour Rage when he played major AAA? My understanding was always that if the team which has your territorial rights cuts you, you are free to go wherever....but I'm sure the Rage would have loved to have Crosby back when he was 14, yet he played in Dartmouth. Also La-La-Laprise is he played at Shattuck on the prep team as a 14 year old next year?

Hockey Nova Scotia allowed Anthony to play for the Halifax Midget AAA team but his dad wants him to play for the Dartmouth Subways. Since they didnt let him he is going to Shattuk, I assume to play for the Bantam Team there.

I guess they made a special exception for Crosby and not Anthony.

The way it works with Halifax/Dartmouth/Cole Harbour is that if you are 15, 16 and 17 you can play for either of those 3 teams, you can choose. With 14 year olds they dont let you choose.

MikeC44

Sep 18, 2003
Moncton, NB
Visit site
bradly said:

Yes, Randell is the real deal. One of the better `91s around.

MikeC44

Sep 18, 2003
Moncton, NB
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
Hockey Nova Scotia allowed Anthony to play for the Halifax Midget AAA team but his dad wants him to play for the Dartmouth Subways. Since they didnt let him he is going to Shattuk, I assume to play for the Bantam Team there.

The way it works with Halifax/Dartmouth/Cole Harbour is that if you are 15, 16 and 17 you can play for either of those 3 teams, you can choose. With 14 year olds they dont let you choose.

Crosby played Midget before the age change (14-15 for Bantam, 16-17 for Midget), and before there were rules for "exceptional players". Now they have rules for this type of thing.

gamerman44

Jan 17, 2005
nfld
does anybody know if anthony will be representing nova scotia at the upcoming under 15's in moncton new brunswick??

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Tavares is sick and has a great deal of potnetial, BUT he's not even in the same class as Crosby. He should have a very good year in the O this year but let's not set our sights too high he could be a future # 1 NHL pick in 09' where'd he'd alraedy have 4 years of OHL experience because he has late 90' bday him and Steve Anthony (whom I never have seen play) would be battling it out . It is too far away too tell but it's nice to hear about good young players. It brings excitement to the game when we can celebrate our youth.

nl player

Jan 27, 2005
La-La-Laprise said:
Never heard of him. Have you ever seen Evan Mosher play?

I've played with/against/ and watched Mosher and i think he's a good goalie but no star....maybe he does much better on the Atlantic Scene then in NL highschool and bantam.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
bradly said:
does anybody know if anthony will be representing nova scotia at the upcoming under 15's in moncton new brunswick??

Will Tavares play for Team Ontario @ the U17's later this year? The tournament is essentially for 1989 born players.

nl player

Jan 27, 2005
La-La-Laprise said:

How haven't you ever heard of Travis Randell......At the Halifax cup ths year Randell's team, the Newfoundland Blizzard, beta Anthony's team, The Halifax Mooseheads. I have never seen Anthony play but if he is amazing like that you'd think he'd be able to single handedly beat kids his own age.

Shadowtron

Feb 27, 2002
Earth
Ahh...another phenom! Excellent. So I guess the Pens should be going into "rebuild" mode again really soon. :sarcasm:

rangerx12

Aug 3, 2005
Yeah Antony is good, real good, so is randall for the rock, another is Devon MacAusland from PEI who is playing in Moncton. The Atlantic u-17's team in a few years will be unreal,

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
nl player said:
How haven't you ever heard of Travis Randell......At the Halifax cup ths year Randell's team, the Newfoundland Blizzard, beta Anthony's team, The Halifax Mooseheads. I have never seen Anthony play but if he is amazing like that you'd think he'd be able to single handedly beat kids his own age.

Crosby has bad days too. The thing about young players is they are inconcsistant. Anthony would have been all of 13 years old when you watched him. He's allowed to have a bad game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad