Speculation: Possible Coaching Change?

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I was listening to JD Bunkis with guest Kris Versteeg (Fan 590) suggesting that TOR/Treliving moving on from Keefe could be a possibility. That Treliving has had 2 meetings with Keefe, but there's been no official announcement on the coaching situation. And the longer this goes on the more likely there will be a change.

Honestly, I have no insider knowledge here. I know people on HF only go by Friedman's 32 thoughts as the gospel for hockey rumors. I don't think Bunkis and Versteeg would just throw things out there if it weren't being discussed by their peers (media and NHLers).

I don't know how I feel about Shanny. What if he allows Treliving to have his own guy (coach), and his own solution for getting Toronto to be a better playoff team?

Is Keefe really that safe? If you were TOR's GM would you really go with Keefe ?

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I know that Shanny said a lot of things in his presser, but this was before he hired Treliving. This is BT's team now. A lot of the stuff Shanny said earlier I don't take very seriously. He had a job: to calm the fans while he pivots and hires a new GM. Now that BT is GM anything goes now: coach, "core 4", etc.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Can't believe we have another 4 months of this before hockey again. At least the draft and UFA week will bring some fun but man. This is going to be a long offseason

Reactions: horner

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Can't believe we have another 4 months of this before hockey again. At least the draft and UFA week will bring some fun but man. This is going to be a long offseason
When you fall short every year of meeting your expectations (competing for a cup), you can expect this every time. Toronto hires a new GM, and there's no reason to speculate?

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
By all accounts Sheldon Keefe is returning next season and is likely to get a contract extension before the season starts.

If you want Sheldon Keefe fired you need to hope we have a start similar to how we started the year Babcock got fired.

Reactions: Menzinger

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Oh yeah we have a lot to look forward to this draft…

We do seriously though. We own a first round pick and either we are picking someone to overhype or it's being traded and there will be trades to talk about. Also if there was a blockbuster trade it prob happens then

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
We do seriously though. We own a first round pick and either we are picking someone to overhype or it's being traded and there will be trades to talk about. Also if there was a blockbuster trade it prob happens then
Ok but compared to Nashville who picks twice before we do and then 10 times before we pick again, I’d say it will be a sad 2 days anyway. Lol

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
I was listening to JD Bunkis with guest Kris Versteeg (Fan 590) suggesting that TOR/Treliving moving on from Keefe could be a possibility. That Treliving has had 2 meetings with Keefe, but there's been no official announcement on the coaching situation. And the longer this goes on the more likely there will be a change.

Honestly, I have no insider knowledge here. I know people on HF only go by Friedman's 32 thoughts as the gospel for hockey rumors. I don't think Bunkis and Versteeg would just throw things out there if it weren't being discussed by their peers (media and NHLers).

I don't know how I feel about Shanny. What if he allows Treliving to have his own guy (coach), and his own solution for getting Toronto to be a better playoff team?

Is Keefe really that safe? If you were TOR's GM would you really go with Keefe ?

its 50 50 right now but id lean they extend him 1 year and then Tre goes out and improves the defense. Hope im wrong though. Id fire him and get ur guy

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Ok but compared to Nashville who picks twice before we do and then 10 times before we pick again, I’d say it will be a sad 2 days anyway. Lol
Oh man I wish I hadn’t read this post………….we are so pathetic. It will take years to fix the damage Dubas did to the Leafs

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Who would leafs even hire as a coach if they fired Keefe? Who's available?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad