Speculation: Possible 2017 Off Season moves

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
It's not the worst so we might as well keep it. Hsj definetely wanted to trade mrazek and have coreau up full time after his second shutout. I'm sure management did as well but you think someone that writes for the hockey industry and for the wings wouldn't be just above the tier of the jokes

But I'd rather fire holland and hire yzerman before I fire Helene for let's say bob McKenzie. I don't care much about the articles

Simple solution...don't like them...don't read them

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
What dmen do we think Winnipeg will protect?

I wonder if Holland will offer Howard plus a prospect plus our 9th for Myers and the jets 13th pick

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
What dmen do we think Winnipeg will protect?

I wonder if Holland will offer Howard plus a prospect plus our 9th for Myers and the jets 13th pick

just an fyi myers is coming off 3 major lower body injuries (knee/hip) since March 2016.

wpg has to protect buff (nmc), enstrom (nmc) and trouba. ideal situation is ask enstrom to waive and protect myers

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
just an fyi myers is coming off 3 major lower body injuries (knee/hip) since March 2016.

wpg has to protect buff (nmc), enstrom (nmc) and trouba. ideal situation is ask enstrom to waive and protect myers

ok thanks for the update I honestly forgot that

do the jets also have to protect morrissey?

my thinking was if hellybuck dosent need to be protected would they rather get something in return for myers before risking losing him and for us, would myers be worth moving down from 9 to 13?

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
ok thanks for the update I honestly forgot that

do the jets also have to protect morrissey?

my thinking was if hellybuck dosent need to be protected would they rather get something in return for myers before risking losing him and for us, would myers be worth moving down from 9 to 13?

unless there is someone there Holland is dead set on, yeah, I think it's worth it. The guy has health concerns, yeah, but he'd also be the clear #1 here, imo. And 13th could still net us a good player, arguably just as likely as at 9 this year.

It would just depend what other pieces are in the deal.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Idk man, Myers even when he's on the ice would be a #1 in title only(much like Mike Green is now). But let's not **** around boys, he wouldn't be on the ice much.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
I have no faith in Holland doing anything right!! We will lose what serviceable young players we have in favor of keeping old broken players. No one will take Jimmy's bad contract. He will clear cap space to bring Vanek back. The Trash and Ass connection will run AA and Mantha out of town.

100% correct. Imagine how badly they're going to treat AA and Mantha when they have to pay them?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
100% correct. Imagine how badly they're going to treat AA and Mantha when they have to pay them?

Like the top line forwards they would be if a big payday was justified? They have their little rookie foibles in a couple years and they're not getting big bucks.

This is unbelievable. They aren't riding them because Blash hates them. They ride those guys because they too often play like 3 or 4s instead of 7-9s like they are. Blash says over and over again that if AA moves his feet like he's capable of, he's an impact player. If there is anything I don't have a problem with from Blash it's that he holds his young, talented players to a very high standard and doesn't deviate from that. And you can hate it, but he's been consistent with rewarding hard work and punishing laziness.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
And...that all sounds good but it ignores the issues like trash talking the kids by the coach and giving out ridiculously limited playing time when AA was scoring and playing well.

Was he playing well though? 50.0 CF% last year, -3.7 relative to the team, heavily shielded last year and this with zone starts of 64 and 62% offensive zone starts. Had 29 points. Let's not act like he's been a star.

AA has been good with flashes of brilliance and big holes in his game too. And it's the thing that with his speed, he ought to be involved in a big way defensively, and he's just not as engaged as he could be.

And 90% of the Mantha stuff has been gone over time and again. If it were character assassination like everyone here wants to paint it, Mantha wouldn't be saying "hey, I need to be better." "I need to watch Z"

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Idk man, Myers even when he's on the ice would be a #1 in title only(much like Mike Green is now). But let's not **** around boys, he wouldn't be on the ice much.

I don't think it would be in title only. I don't think Myers is a Norris kind of guy, but he is a guy that can go out, play 20+ minutes in every situation, and help you win. That's a #1 to me, even if it's not an elite #1.

You're right, though, the injuries scare me.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
And...that all sounds good but it ignores the issues like trash talking the kids by the coach and giving out ridiculously limited playing time when AA was scoring and playing well.

Production doesn't have a linear relationship to time played. AA was pretty one dimensional last season, he's a puck hog who doesn't back check to save his life. We also don't know how he preforms against top level defensive players, he does okay against third line players and defensemen, but there is no evidence he can do it against the Weber's Josis and Subans of the world.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

theD86

Winging it
Jun 23, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Islanders unhappy de Haan has not put up the offensive numbers he flashed in the minors.

I would absolutely take a chance with him. He's great on the PP and very solid all around.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Islanders unhappy de Haan has not put up the offensive numbers he flashed in the minors.

I would absolutely take a chance with him. He's great on the PP and very solid all around.

I would definitely do something around Gustav Nyquist for Calvin De Haan The Islanders could use a RW like Nyquist and with our D De Haan would be a solid add.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I'd even do Sproul and a pick. Unless we think Sproul has more upside in him then he has shone. Granted it's such a small sample size, thus far.

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
Good player, I'd support that move.

De Haan and Dumba seem like they could be good buy-low options, if the Wild and Islanders have their back against the wall and have to move one.

I don't know much about De Haan but I think Dumba would probably be a better option? I'd bite...

If he messes up we could just add "ss" to the end of his name and its perfect!

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Nyquist for De Haan+

Straight up, I don't think it's a good move.

It is hard to say. My guess is that Gus probably isn't worth much more than De Haan at this point. I have seen little to suggest that he will land us a better defensemen after several years of "improving the defense" offseason talk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad