WJC: [POOL] Canada4Gold WJC Pool (#3)

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
If all 10 of us are here at once, we could potentially finish the draft right here and now...

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I feel like DuckJet is gonna take Gibson, decent tinme to pick him, he should be the States starter so should get some decent points, plus Gibson is in his avatar :laugh:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The U.S is in a very tough group with Russia and Canada. Anything can happen, but it's definitely a risk.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The U.S is in a very tough group with Russia and Canada. Anything can happen, but it's definitely a risk.

yeah I know, that's the only down side. Goalies are a bit of a crapshoot this year, only guarenteed starters are Subban and Gibson, and Subban looked weak in camp, but he's gone anyway. Gibson should be good for 3 wins you'd think.

Sweden starter could be good to get, that's a weak pool, Finland could beat them though, and I'm not even sure who's SWeden is starting in net. I usually want to pick up a goalie early, but it's almost not worth the risk of picking someone who might end up losing a bunch or being a backup

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I may not choose the Swedish goaltender, simply due to the fact that I can't picture myself cheering for them. If you cheer for a goalie, you cheer for no goals against... which is like cheering for the team.

I love seeing upsets, so it's tough to cheer for a team like Sweden.

Alivesi

Feb 1, 2012
Ontario
Can we choose players from a really bad divisions? Imagine it'd be easy to get 5 wins and points against Mexico and China :sarcasm:

The goalies aren't easy to pick this year.. wanted to go with vasilevski but he might share some starts with Markov...

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Picking goaltenders is always the worst and most unpredictable part of these WJC pools.

yeah I think I was in 2 last year, and waited until my last pick and took the best garbage goalie left, and in the other I took Canada's backup halfway through which also worked out and Wedgewood took the starters job in the playoffs, plsu he got an assist but yeah picking a Goalie is always a huge risk, sometimes it's better to take the scraps and use your good picks for forwards

leafsfan1990

Jul 22, 2009
Sarnia
Whoever got Galchenyuk your lucky, was hoping he'd still be there for my first pick, he's on fire going into the WJC. To bad the USA didn't bring Boucher too, they are good together.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
No that wouldn't be fair, we've almost gotten 2 round done in a little more than a day, we're clearly gonna get done.

Dude is from Las Vegas so it's what 8? there now? I suspect he'll be on relatively son unless he's gone out for a night on the town.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
tumblr_m2fnlwTEFx1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

Christien

May 1, 2010
Been waiting, but now i'm going to bed, so don't get mad if you guys get down to me & it takes me a while to pick.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Yeah no biggie, I'm going to bed soon, and based on my sleeping habits I'm guessing you'll be up well before me so you won't be holding anyone up.

If DuckJet's clock runs out(7:30 AM ET) then I'm gonna autopick him Gibson(he can change it if he comes here after that but before the next pick). Once the 2nd round ends no more autopicks. If your clock runs out you'll just be outright skipped, and like I said before you can pick when you get here but the person after you, and the person after him, etc can pick and if they picked who you wanted that's just too bad.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If his clock does run out I won't be here when it happens, so whoever is next can go ahead of pick assuming Gibson is off the table.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Intangibles, it's now your turn to make your pick. Duckjet has ran out of time (he had til 7:27 AM eastern) so his auto pick is now John Gibson of USA.

Christien

May 1, 2010
And DuckJet, if you come back before Intangibles picks, you can pick whoever you want that is available.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Ok DuckJet is up again. He hasn't been online in almost a day. I'm not giving him 12 more hours to make a pick when he hasn't even been on HF in 21 hours.

Should we just skip him or should we possibly get a possible replacement to make his pick, and then if he still doesn't show up later, let the replacement take over the team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad