5. Canada4Gold
6. Glory
7. Alivesi
8. HighLifeMan
9. Snippit
10. leafsfan1990

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Intangibles it's your pick, whenever you're ready.

Please PM the next guy to pick when you make your pick

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Just to ensure we're not waiting for days for picks to be made, once the person before you makes their pick you have 12 hours to pick, if you do not pick in the alloted time you will be skipped, the person after you can then pick, and so on. When you get here you can then make your missed pick. For those people who are on the end of the snake and have 2 picks in a row, you do not get a 24 hour clock(12 for each pick). If you don't pick within 12 hours both picks will be skipped.

The 12 hour limit may be shortened if we get close to the start of the tournament with lots of picks still to be made.

Also this year having a lockout there's always the risk of the lockout ending and some of the better players being recalled by their NHL teams. If that were to happen druing the tournament there's nothing we can do, whatever points earned by your player up to that count, they cannot be replaced.. If it happened after the draft but before the tournament players can be replaced at a first come first serve basis. If the lockout ends in the middle of the draft the draft will be frozen for 24 hours if we have time, and players can be replaced on a first come first serve basis. If you're unsure whether your player will be recalled you may replace them anyway, but if they do not get recalled and the tournament starts you cannot pick them up again.

Do you guys think those lockout ending rules are fair? I honestly don't think the lockout is even close to ending but I think there should be some rules in place in case it does. There are probably 6 or 7 players here who could be recalled to take place in training camps

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

The next guy picking is from Sweden, it's just past 5 AM there now so it's understandable, especially since he was probably already asleep when the order was released.

We have 11 days to complete this so even at the slow pace of 1 round per day we'll still get done, it may be frustrating waiting, but we can't be asking people to be here during the middle of the night

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
It's now after 10 AM in Sweden and still no sign of him.

His clock still has 5 hours left, and based on his posting history I'm worried because most of his posts are later in the day.

I don't want to skip 1st round picks as that could make it real tough to win not getting an elite player. If he doesn't show up within his clock are you guys fine with me autopicking him the player I think is best of those who are left? We can't go waiting more than 12 hours and it would be tough to win without and elite player so imo that would be a fair compromise.

Christien

May 1, 2010
It's now after 10 AM in Sweden and still no sign of him.

His clock still has 5 hours left, and based on his posting history I'm worried because most of his posts are later in the day.

I don't want to skip 1st round picks as that could make it real tough to win not getting an elite player. If he doesn't show up within his clock are you guys fine with me autopicking him the player I think is best of those who are left? We can't go waiting more than 12 hours and it would be tough to win without and elite player so imo that would be a fair compromise.

It's up to you. Maybe give him an hour, or just autopick for him now.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Actually, just give him like 4 hours or something. It's still early in the morning in North America, so if we skip over him, we will probably have to wait for more people to pick too, especially since it's still early. He might also even come on sooner since it's the weekend.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
That's who I was going to autopick for you anyway :laugh:

Alivesi has been online for the last few hours but isn't now, lets just hope he didn't just go to sleep

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I will probably be around for most of the time today, so shouldn't be a problem.

But do you think I should send a list to Canada4Gold before I go to bed this time? if there is like 3 picks before my pick I send a list on 4 players in that order I want them and he take the highest available for me?

Might win som time

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I will probably be around for most of the time today, so shouldn't be a problem.

But do you think I should send a list to Canada4Gold before I go to bed this time? if there is like 3 picks before my pick I send a list on 4 players in that order I want them and he take the highest available for me?

Might win som time

You can do that if you want, it could speed things up, I'm thinking we might get around to your pick before you go to sleep anyway, it's only 8 picks, it's a Saturday, and most of the guys are Canadian so they should be around at the same time, but yeah if you're going and you haven't picked yet that would be fine.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Make sure to PM the next guy when you're done picking, I can't be sure if you are or not so just a friendly reminder in case you didn't read my last post about it.

Also if you could please say you did like HighLifeMan did so I know you have, I've been PMing the last couple gusy to make sure they got a PM.

1 round almost done, leafsfan1990 up with the next 2 picks, we're on pace to finish though I'd like things to speed up a bit, there were a few hours between a couple of the picks, obviously nothing we can do about that if you're sleeping or away from computer access, that's just bad timing I guess, opefully we don't get too much of that

Christien

May 1, 2010
We need to speed up the draft someway. The way this is going will take a very long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad