WJC: [POOL] Canada4Gold WJC Pool (#3)

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
It's true, the other drafts are going much faster compared to ours.

Although it's not fun if everybody's draft pick is auto-selected. I wouldn't mind waiting.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Unless one of you guys won't be here as we get closer to Christmas I don't think there's any reason this can't carry on into say the 23rd. That wouldn't be optimal, and I thought it would be going much faster than it has been.

While we have the time I'd rather not skip picks or autopick unless the 12 hour are up. Once leafsfan1990 picks then everyone will have picked so maybe they'll be more into it, and check the thread more often I don't know, I anticipate this speeding up a little but if it doesn't it's not the end of the world.

I just hope that the 10 people we have are devoted to play and not just signed up and not really cared, we don't need people who could be here but are just lounging around and waiting, or not realizing it's their pick. If you don't care enough to pick relatively quickly, and if that happens over and over by the same people, I would think they would need to be replaced so the draft could speed up

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
There are approximately 192 hours until the 23rd. 10 rounds x 10 people means there should only be on average under 2 hours between each pick. Unless people start picking it up, I don't see that happening, especially accounting for sleep hours.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
leafsfan1990 has made 2 posts since September, 1 in this thread signing up, and 1 in the other pool, being put on the waiting list, He was here this afternoon, but I would expect that he'd be here now, or sometime during a saturday afternoon.

Guys if you know you're not going to be here, send me a PM with a list of players in the order that you would select them so I can take the highest off the list.

If you're just not that dedicated then tell me so I can get someone else, we cannot wait 6 hours for every single pick

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
he's online now, hopefully he can get his 2 picks done quickly and we can get a run of 3 or 4 done here quickly

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Man, was hoping that Rielly would stick around for a bit longer...

At least we're finally picking up the pace :handclap:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

yeah no way was Reilly staying on the board until your next pick at 29. I could see him sneaking into round 3 if everyone started overlooking him but dropping to 29 is almost asking for a miracle. I would have seriously though about him at #16, and definately would have took him if he dropped to 25.

But yep pace is picking up, keep it up guys :handclap:

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009

He is simply to dynamic offensively to pass on at this point! I was thinking off taking Hamilton with my 1st pick, but gambled on the fact that Rielly would be available now.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
A lot of people are going to overlook Ty Rattie. I think he can stick around until #29.

The guy is a points machine.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
A lot of people are going to overlook Ty Rattie. I think he can stick around until #29.

The guy is a points machine.

Unless you actually don't want Rattie, and you're trying to get someone else to pick him instead of the player you want, then mentioning who you want is not the best of ideas.

Nevermind, forget that, I reallllllllly want Andrej Bires from Slovakia at #25, shush!! Don't tell anyone :sarcasm:

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
as a 50 percent finn I need a finnish dude, I pick Olli Määttä

Canada you're up, no need for PM I guess

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Hey umm Glory, as a London Knights fan, I can tell you that that wasn't the greatest pick.

Olli is a stud. I love him as a London Knight. He has great passing, great defensive awareness and has offensive upside.

But there were many other great offensive players that you could have taken. Olli only has 3 goals this year. Many of his assists are a result of a star-studded Knights team.

Olli would have been a great selection in Round 5, maybe 4, but there were plenty of other more offensive guys you could have picked over him.

If you wanted a Finn, you should have went with Barkov or Teravainen.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
This is a tough pick, there are probably 4 or 5 guys I want about equally. Hopefully one of them drops to #25.

I'll take Aleksander Barkov with this pick

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Hey umm Glory, as a London Knights fan, I can tell you that that wasn't the greatest pick.

Olli is a stud. I love him as a London Knight. He has great passing, great defensive awareness and has offensive upside.

But there were many other great offensive players that you could have taken. Olli only has 3 goals this year. Many of his assists are a result of a star-studded Knights team.

Olli would have been a great selection in Round 5, maybe 4, but there were plenty of other more offensive guys you could have picked over him.

If you wanted a Finn, you should have went with Barkov or Teravainen.

Nah didn't really want a finn, just a D that hopefully will score some points. Well we'll see in 3 weeks if it was a good or a bad decision. (had Rielly and Jones before him but they were taken)

Christien

May 1, 2010
With my pick... I'm happy to select Joel Armia of Finland. Messaging next person now.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Without giving up my plans Murphy might have been a decent pick if you were looking for a D man. I wouldn't pick him that high but I also wouldn't have picked Maatta that high. imo Murphy will score more than Maatta as he will get a nice chunk of PP time for Canada. I think that's his role on the team as he's not great defensively and will lack 5 on 5 minutes.

But like you said time will tell, I had Kuznetsov last year 2nd overall in one of these pools and he was looking terrible until he had that 9 point game, and it paid off so you do never know.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
With my pick... I'm happy to select Joel Armia of Finland. Messaging next person now.

He was one of the guys I wanted, oh well. I almost picked him over Barkov, would have been nice to get both, he's dropped below round 2 in many of the pools on HF so I was hoping he might here too, oh well

Christien

May 1, 2010
I liked the Armia pick because of his experience at the WJC plus he'll be playing 1st line minutes on a strong
finland team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad