Recalled/Assigned: Ponomarev

Justicebork

Jul 13, 2022
1704658161084.png

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I think we're all somewhat expecting Pono to make the team next year. That would be somewhat validating for the Borg to get a draft hit on a 2nd. As we've mentioned, we *seem* to have drafted well but a lot of our picks are still waiting to get NHL games. Pono is more of a safe bet kind of NHLer. Not that anyone is a lock to make the show, but he seems like he could play on the 1st line if he exceeds all expectations, but wouldn't look out of place on the 4th. Less boom/bust than Jackson Blake, for example.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I think we're all somewhat expecting Pono to make the team next year. That would be somewhat validating for the Borg to get a draft hit on a 2nd. As we've mentioned, we *seem* to have drafted well but a lot of our picks are still waiting to get NHL games. Pono is more of a safe bet kind of NHLer. Not that anyone is a lock to make the show, but he seems like he could play on the 1st line if he exceeds all expectations, but wouldn't look out of place on the 4th. Less boom/bust than Jackson Blake, for example.
I got the feeling they wanted him to make the team this year before he got hurt. Next year he should have a spot, especially when you have to expect that we'll see at least one of our forwards walk in FA. Being able to pencil him in with his ELC will be needed.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
We've honestly been quite successful with our 2nd round picks, perhaps even moreso than 1sts outside Jarvis & Svetchy. Bolded are GMBC picks

Successes: Ned, Seabass, Luostarinen, Drury, Kooch, Pono

Look Promising: Heimosalmi, Koivunen, FUS, EDIT: (missed) Morrow

Flops: Luke Martin, Kuokkanen (mild success)

Jury still out: Rees, Gunler, Trikozov

I was about to include Nikishin before remembering he was a 3rd rounder, #69 (nice)

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
We've honestly been quite successful with our 2nd round picks, perhaps even moreso than 1sts outside Jarvis & Svetchy. Bolded are GMBC picks

Look Promising: Heimosalmi, Koivunen, FUS

I was about to include Nikishin before remembering he was a 3rd rounder, #69 (nice)

Morrow should be in the looks promising category.

Since Dundon took over, I think part of the perceived success of 2nd rounders over 1st rounders is that is that we've had a lot more 2nd round picks. The Canes have had TEN 2nd round picks since the GMBC took over and only FOUR 1st round picks. 50% of those 1st round picks (Svech and Jarvis) are hits. Suzuki just can't stay healthy and Nadeau was just drafted, but looks promising.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Morrow should be in the looks promising category.

Since Dundon took over, I think part of the perceived success of 2nd rounders over 1st rounders is that is that we've had a lot more 2nd round picks. The Canes have had TEN 2nd round picks since the GMBC took over and only FOUR 1st round picks. 50% of those 1st round picks (Svech and Jarvis) are hits. Suzuki just can't stay healthy and Nadeau was just drafted, but looks promising.
How the hell did I skip over Morrow? :baghead:

Added to the list

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
But the trend is worrisome. His ppg average is down 50% from his first game. If that keeps up he'll be on a 0.06 ppg pace after just 4 more games, which equates to just 5 points over a full 82 game season. That's just math! :sarcasm:

Let's not get all cocnutty here....

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

Look Promising: Heimosalmi, Koivunen, FUS, EDIT: (missed) Morrow

Suzuki?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad