POLL - Will Bowman and Q Be Back with the Hawks Next Year?

Will Stan Bowman and or Coach Q be Back with the Hawks Next Year as GM and HC?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Bowman is the one who should take the fall. The guy can't evaluate talent so he just brings back all the former players for one more score. He has coasted off of Tallon's success for way too long now and now he's run the team into the ground. No more! Bowman must go, man.

I'm sure Q will take the fall for all this though.
I actually just saw this - are you serious? Please let us know what talent Bowman cannot evaluate?

Was it DeBrincat?

or maybe Saad in the second round??

or possibly trading up to land Nick Schmaltz??? that has to be it...

or trading away scraps for Nick Leddy?? the return for Leddy I will never ever defend...so that one is on Bowman

did he do a bad job going out and bringing in Panarin??

or drafting TT????

now that I think about it, his 6th round picks that just signed Sikura and Hillman...that must be what you are talking about right???

I have no idea anymore on here...you want to rip Bowman for any bad contracts he handed out or a few bad trades - I am all for it - but this post proves you do not follow the Hawks and should go back to lurking...

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
The "coasting off of Tallon's success" commentary is such a tired narrative, I'm honestly sick of it. People talk as if he was anything more than an average GM, meanwhile he's done absolutely nothing in Florida the past eight years other than a couple of division wins followed up by disappointing playoff showings. For all the praise heaped on him by the Bowman detractors on this forum, you would think that the team he's been managing for the better part of the last decade had been able to scrounge together more than five playoff wins.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Bowman should be worried about his pathetic 1-20 roster and keep his ideas to himself, how this guy can still show his face in public without embarrassment is mind boggling...

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Because he was instrumental in bringing three Cups to Chicago in very recent history, so the notion that some people feel the need to act as if a bad season completely undos that and inexplicably bring that opinion up at every possible moment is mind boggling...

And I don't have an issue with this idea.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Because he was instrumental in bringing three Cups to Chicago in very recent history, so the notion that some people feel the need to act as if a bad season completely undos that and inexplicably bring that opinion up at every possible moment is mind boggling...

And I don't have an issue with this idea.
however and this if for discussion, but the Bhawks haven't done crap in the last 3 season.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Two playoff appearances, including a best record in the conference last season, is "done crap" now? I get it, we have high expectations, and nobody likes early exits. But, as mentioned numerous times, 2016 Hawks were great and just ran into a great team early thanks to the divisional playoff setup, 2017 Hawks had a great record and unquestionably shit the bed when push came to shove, and that carried over into this year meaning that in this era of Hawks history this is the first full year of undeniably bad play. So, three Cups in recent history + a topic not even remotely about the complaint in question and people still feel the need to bitch? Yeah.... no. That's called being a broken record. You'd think we had the Oilers or Nucks track record by the way some posters sound, though I'm sure that some would say I'm living in the past because I don't feel the need to be livid in every topic possible.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Two playoff appearances, including a best record in the conference last season, is "done crap" now? I get it, we have high expectations, and nobody likes early exits. But, as mentioned numerous times, 2016 Hawks were great and just ran into a great team early thanks to the divisional playoff setup, 2017 Hawks had a great record and unquestionably **** the bed when push came to shove, and that carried over into this year meaning that in this era of Hawks history this is the first full year of undeniably bad play. So, three Cups in recent history + a topic not even remotely about the complaint in question and people still feel the need to *****? Yeah.... no. That's called being a broken record. You'd think we had the Oilers or Nucks track record by the way some posters sound, though I'm sure that some would say I'm living in the past because I don't feel the need to be livid in every topic possible.
i think most view a success nhl season on a team making the playoff then to judge them on how good they do.

i really don't see them being a great team, if they do well in the regular season.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
And that's a fair point, but it's still a dumb thing to bring up in a topic not about it.

On that note, screw it. Moving this conversation to somewhere more appropriate.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
i think most view a success nhl season on a team making the playoff then to judge them on how good they do.

i really don't see them being a great team, if they do well in the regular season.

No not really. Making the playoffs is nothing to scoff at. We have been spoiled as fans and it shows here at time (not specifically you LDF).

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
People also seem to forget that Stan was around in a front office role during the entire duration of the rebuild.
For all of the crap Bowman gets from BWC he seems to forget this. He was the Asst. GM when Toews and Kane were drafted so he should get some credit for helping to bring them in. Even though the GM makes the final call, I'm sure the remainder of the FO(including Bowman) had input. Has Bowman consistently overpaid players? Yes. However, we have to ask ourselves how much of that is trying to turn around the negative perception of the franchise from the Dollar Bill days. It may be coming from Rocky/McCub.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
For all of the crap Bowman gets from BWC he seems to forget this. He was the Asst. GM when Toews and Kane were drafted so he should get some credit for helping to bring them in. Even though the GM makes the final call, I'm sure the remainder of the FO(including Bowman) had input. Has Bowman consistently overpaid players? Yes. However, we have to ask ourselves how much of that is trying to turn around the negative perception of the franchise from the Dollar Bill days. It may be coming from Rocky/McCub.

Forget? He ignores it because it debunks he brutal theories.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
No not really. Making the playoffs is nothing to scoff at. We have been spoiled as fans and it shows here at time (not specifically you LDF).
guilty as stated. peace, :thumbu:

my opinion on teams making the playoff..... well i just find the regular season record is crap to look at. now if the powers to be decide to make it more interesting, like i mention with conference winner getting a bye, what ever more someone can think of, then fine.

but for me, i look at the playoff and those teams who makes it as "who cares" a huge amount makes the playoff. the playoff is the real season for me. that is the most exciting season, for me as i said, the real season.

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

well again i am spit ballin here, if SB should get special mention, how bout Mark Kelley vp for scouting and has been in the scouting dept since 2006.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Smokescreen...our...Stan just deflecting the issues. .thinks there will be more Cups..with this inept Core?He is Loco our r problem is not substitutes but the Rotten Core who do not earn their pay level anymore .

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
But he has a point. Let's not act like Stan is on top of the world these days.

Sure but Stan was asked about as specific thing. It was not like EF asked about the team and Stan responded with rules changes. This is typical Tin Foil Hat shit from HF50.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Sure but Stan was asked about as specific thing. It was not like EF asked about the team and Stan responded with rules changes. This is typical Tin Foil Hat **** from HF50.

True but Stan his bigger fish to fry than commenting about the direction the league needs to head toward. Pretentious of him if you ask me.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
True but Stan his bigger fish to fry than commenting about the direction the league needs to head toward. Pretentious of him if you ask me.
This is just sarcasm right? It was just done at the GM meetings, where it is literally the point of those meetings to be thinking and discussing the direction the league needs to head toward.

Reactions: Blue Liner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad