POLL - Will Bowman and Q Be Back with the Hawks Next Year?

Will Stan Bowman and or Coach Q be Back with the Hawks Next Year as GM and HC?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Just want to see what the general vibe is here on Bowman and or Q returning next year....I firmly believe Q is gone before Bowman whatever year that may be, but outside of the few Bowman haters for everything he has done, I would like to see what the average fan thinks of his chances of returning which I think are very strong.

I have a few options listed below

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Bowman will definitely be back, no question about it.

Q will likely be gone and coaching somewhere else, unless they really misread the fanbase and assume that they can use Crow's injury as an excuse to not make changes.

TQE

Mar 4, 2014
As I've stated before I just get the sense Q will be back and Bowman will take the fall. Pinning the bad contracts on Bowman will also buy the organization more time if there are a few more years like this year.

My own opinion is that it should be the opposite though. Q should go and Bowman should get the chance to bring in a new coach and get the team back in the playoffs. If next year is a repeat of this year, then he should go at that point.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
Q will likely be gone and coaching somewhere else, unless they really misread the fanbase and assume that they can use Crow's injury as an excuse to not make changes.

I think that will depend on STH renewal. If BK is right and the wait list comes into buy the vast majority of non-renewals then I could see nothing happen. If I am right and there is a serious dent in overall sth's then McDonugh will clean house to show us that this unacceptable. Kinda like that horrible Panarin trade. Weren't the hawks supposed to be tougher to play against this year?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I went both will return. I just have a feeling McD wants Q to stay, they will use the Crow injury as an escape as well as Toews, Seabs, and Keith all having down years (not Q's fault according to the execs)....I hope I am wrong and Q moves up to an executive spot, but he seems like a guy worried about his legacy and likely doesn't want to go out on such a low note.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I think Stan is back and Q is upstairs. Although I'm not 100% on that.

Logically, this is probably the outcome, and with Stan's leash shortened substantially to the point of being on probation.

But logic seems to be something lost in Chicago these days. Case in point, season ticket prices going up in a non-playoff year. As long as the stadium is filled each night, that may be enough logic ... and just keep living off of the past and keep ignoring the mismanagement in the present. Remaining status quo should be off the table.

Personally, I'd let both Q and Stan go, but baby steps to righting the Blackhawks' ship.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Both will be back unfortunately,,

Chicago upper management will not fire Q - I think Q wants to get all time coaching record.. so he won't leave either.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If they bring back both then I will seriously begin to question upper management's decision making and feel for fan sentiment. I don't know one Hawks fan that isn't totally livid with Q and Bowman at this point. It seems like so many serious fans can't even come to watch games consistently at this point (GDT threads are created like 30min before game these days) and that's a serious problem because casual fans are fickle and they'll disappear at any moment without notice so who is left to support the current group at that point. So bringing them both back just seems like a no go. It either has to be one or the other and then whoever they keep is immediately on the clock and has one year to get it turned around or they're gone as well.

The only merit to keeping them both for one more season is because they plan to fire both at the same time, there is something to be said for a GM and coach starting fresh on the same page. Otherwise it creates a situation where say Bowman hires Colliton, they suck next year, Bowman is fired and then their new GM wants a new coach and they're stuck paying a bunch of money to Colliton to not coach. And it's unfair to Colliton because one year is not enough time to evaluate a coach.

Reactions: jls24

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Q will be gone. Bowman will have one foot out the door and will be expected to right the ship or he'll be out a year later.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
As much as I want to shit on Q for this season because he has been a total idiot with the lines and pairings, Bowman's serious inability to draft and develop a defenseman and goalie is finally starting to show.

When is the last time they drafted and developed a defenseman that played meaningful minutes in the NHL? Same with goalie? Hammer on D? Basically nobody at G?

That's just totally unacceptable.

Now, some of it is on scouting and Mark Kelley, but GM takes the majority of the responsibility.

Bowman has been great at forward, for the most part. Absolutely awful at D and G, and those are the two main reasons they're in a horrible spot in the standings. And he didn't draft Crawford, or any of the former top 3 defenseman, so....

And with that said, it's why I personally have started to be okay with them being fired at the same time. They should both lay in the bed they made because they've both created this mess equally. It's not really fair to Q to forget his track record during the past decade and then point to Bowman's to defend his inadequacies since the last cup.

Reactions: BobbyJet

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
there are a lot of GMs with horrible track records for drafting goalies.

Bowman drafted 7 goalies in his tenure as a GM, he has tried to make an effort into finding one in all those picks.

I am just happy he didn't buckle to pressure and waste a first round pick on a goalie like many others have done before him - the ones that didn't pan out have to burn at a team's soul knowing you wasted a first round pick on a goalie that takes soooooo long to develope.

I agree with you on defense, we have taken so many undersized players that have never really materialized.

I think Mitchell and Krys will buck that trend, and I like Hillman as a solid stay at home defender, same with Snuggy...but there is a lot riding on Henri making it next year for this team....he is the best bet we have had in years, if this kid fails then we are in trouble.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
As much as I want to **** on Q for this season because he has been a total idiot with the lines and pairings, Bowman's serious inability to draft and develop a defenseman and goalie is finally starting to show.

When is the last time they drafted and developed a defenseman that played meaningful minutes in the NHL? Same with goalie? Hammer on D? Basically nobody at G?

That's just totally unacceptable.

Now, some of it is on scouting and Mark Kelley, but GM takes the majority of the responsibility.

Bowman has been great at forward, for the most part. Absolutely awful at D and G, and those are the two main reasons they're in a horrible spot in the standings. And he didn't draft Crawford, or any of the former top 3 defenseman, so....

And with that said, it's why I personally have started to be okay with them being fired at the same time. They should both lay in the bed they made because they've both created this mess equally. It's not really fair to Q to forget his track record during the past decade and then point to Bowman's to defend his inadequacies since the last cup.

That's been addressed the last couple of drafts. Definitely was an issue prior to that. Even of the guys traded away Johns is really the only one who's shown to be a legit NHL player. Think they rested a little too easy having such a strong D core at the NHL level for so long.

I won't hammer them as much for the goaltender thing because they were finding pretty good free agent options with the likes of the Raantas and Darlings of the world. Darling so much so he priced himself out of them being able to keep him. Still would've been good to have someone else cooking in the system, no doubt.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Just what we needed on this board, another thread about Bowman and/or Q.

no harm no foul Hawk...just want to see what people think on who stays and who goes..it is a legit question/poll as this team isn't going to make the playoffs...something is going to happen it seems or at least should.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
no harm no foul Hawk...just want to see what people think on who stays and who goes..it is a legit question/poll as this team isn't going to make the playoffs...something is going to happen it seems or at least should.
You know what it will turn into, people bitching about Q's roster management, bitching about Stans trades, rabble rabble rabble.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
there are a lot of GMs with horrible track records for drafting goalies.

Bowman drafted 7 goalies in his tenure as a GM, he has tried to make an effort into finding one in all those picks.

I am just happy he didn't buckle to pressure and waste a first round pick on a goalie like many others have done before him - the ones that didn't pan out have to burn at a team's soul knowing you wasted a first round pick on a goalie that takes soooooo long to develope.

I agree with you on defense, we have taken so many undersized players that have never really materialized.

I think Mitchell and Krys will buck that trend, and I like Hillman as a solid stay at home defender, same with Snuggy...but there is a lot riding on Henri making it next year for this team....he is the best bet we have had in years, if this kid fails then we are in trouble.
well for me, i use to really hate the idea of drafting the small prospects until D-cat proved, at least for me that SB was right on this. now bye that move, i will hold off on any further per-judgement on any more of his selection.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
You know what it will turn into, people *****ing about Q's roster management, *****ing about Stans trades, rabble rabble rabble.

well now we can attempt to keep it into just 3-4 threads now lol!

some of it is deserved, this team should be better than they are, how or why is the point of this thread.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Q will be gone. Bowman will have one foot out the door and will be expected to right the ship or he'll be out a year later.

Basically how I see it...even though I think the other possible (if less on the probable side), is Stan is axed, and Q has next year to get things squared away or he's gone...but I think Q's the one to go simply because coaches are hired to be fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad