POLL - Will Bowman and Q Be Back with the Hawks Next Year?

Will Stan Bowman and or Coach Q be Back with the Hawks Next Year as GM and HC?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Perhaps someone will start another poll on who they'd prefer back for next season. Q, Stan, none or both. I doubt there'd be many votes for both.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Voted with my heart. Q's gone and Stan gets a much deserved raise.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Q wants that wins record, so I can't see him agreeing to a move to the front office.

That being said, I can't see him getting near Scotty's record unless he is gifted another stacked team to coach. I feel as though the Hawks group that won the 3 cups won despite Q.

Give Q a team like the Coyotes and see how he does and if he's really as great of a coach as his numbers make it seem.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Q wants that wins record, so I can't see him agreeing to a move to the front office.

That being said, I can't see him getting near Scotty's record unless he is gifted another stacked team to coach. I feel as though the Hawks group that won the 3 cups won despite Q.

Give Q a team like the Coyotes and see how he does and if he's really as great of a coach as his numbers make it seem.

i like this..... :thumbu:

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
If this lousy season came after winning a cup I would say Q should get another chance. Thing is we had 2 straight first round exits before this season, the second one getting swept against the 8th seed. Now we have a season beyond disaster. Bowman certainly gets major blame as well, this roster with its multiple awful contracts is a big factor. But its obvious Q has lost the ear of these guys, can’t motivate them. I also think Q has lost his energy and motivation, he doesn’t look like he cares as much anymore.

Q needs to go and deserves to go. The players need a new voice, new perspective, fresh ideas. It would not surprise me one bit if Q went on to win more cups elsewhere, it just isn’t happening here.

Well done Q, what a run. Now **** off.

Reactions: coolhand

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
You Bowman haters are just gonna have to live with the fact that so long as Scotty walks on this planet his son is always going to be in charge of the Hawks.

Q? I think he gets booted upstairs, they make a coaching change, and if it doesnt work they send him back down.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
You Bowman haters are just gonna have to live with the fact that so long as Scotty walks on this planet his son is always going to be in charge of the Hawks.

Q? I think he gets booted upstairs, they make a coaching change, and if it doesnt work they send him back down.

That might work in a peewee league ... and can we please not refer to those with criticism as "haters".

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
That might work in a peewee league ... and can we please not refer to those with criticism as "haters".
Theres more then enough hatred on this forum to differentiate critique and hatred.

Bowman isnt the problem. The problem is the league caught up with the Hawks with the exception being only one team besides the Hawks can boast they have won three cups after the lock out. And even then, that other team had some lean years before they hit there stride.

If anybody thinks Panarin or Hammer being here makes this team a cup contender your doing the fan thing wrong. If anybody thinks the Seabrook contract is ruining this team thats another head scratcher.

The Hawks did a redo on top of a rebuild, accumulated draft picks that panned out and got a little luck on two high picks. This wasnt gonna go on forever and pointing fingers at anybody after winning three cups in six years instead of just accepting the fact the Hawks could use an influx of higher skilled talent is just wasting time raising your hand.

Im being realistic. The wheels came off. It happens. Stan is doing better then most GMs would do recreating a team on the fly and has proven he can already. Maybe Q is the problem, maybe not. That being said, unless Scotty comes back behind the bench any coach after Q will be a complete downgrade and if he was let go there will be teams firing coaches to hire him.

Other teams besides the Oilers can use a top pick.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
After thinking bout this season. I think both will be back. They were in a playoff spot before Crow injury.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if that was the way the organization went, to be honest. Not going to enjoy being a mod here if that's the case, though....

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Crawford injury gives them cover. They'll both be back for at least one more year.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Crawford injury gives them cover. They'll both be back for at least one more year.

It definitely has that vibe, the ticket hike, no rumblings of discontent, seems like they are just going to go about things as this season never happened and was a total anomaly.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
This is certainly a possibility. I imagine it will come down to the players. I don't mean in the sense that Toews/Kane/Keith/etc is going to out and out say that Q needs to go, but Stan has to make a judgement on weather Q has lost the team. If he's convinced that Q still has the room, than like you say, maybe they bring him back. I could see it happening.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008

Currently has a team like the Coyotes, and we can see what he’s doing with it...

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
It definitely has that vibe, the ticket hike, no rumblings of discontent, seems like they are just going to go about things as this season never happened and was a total anomaly.

I unfortunately agree there is a high probability that the hawks do nothing. The only hope is a ticket sale drop off to stir things up IMO. But again I think McDonough has his head in the sand. The UC just isn't Wrigley and he is going to find that out the hard way as I see it.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I think Bowman should be back and Q should be encourage to seek employment elsewhere but both will be back.

Should both back, both will need to have the butts on the hot seat. Status quo cannot be accepted and this team's play has drop the last few years. If Q/Bowman are back, they need to be back with a "win or else" demand.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I unfortunately agree there is a high probability that the hawks do nothing. The only hope is a ticket sale drop off to stir things up IMO. But again I think McDonough has his head in the sand. The UC just isn't Wrigley and he is going to find that out the hard way as I see it.

Yeah. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised either. Sadly. If it happens that both coach and GM remain, it verifies to me that it's not only some fans who are living in the past.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I can't get around literally being of that mindset that you want ticket sales of the team to drop from after 1 non playoff season happening... That mindset is just thinking the Hawks will never have staying power in being a great market unless it's an elite team. That's awful

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I can't get around literally being of that mindset that you want ticket sales of the team to drop from after 1 non playoff season happening... That mindset is just thinking the Hawks will never have staying power in being a great market unless it's an elite team. That's awful

Well, you can still hope against hope that it doesn’t happen but believe, considering the facts, that it is a distinct possibility.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I think only Bowman returns. Not that I think he should return, but he will.

Stan inherited a gold mine many years ago. And he did very well at times with that. They did win 2 Cups after the initial cup win. But man, some of these bad contracts are going to haunt the Hawks for many years to come. His performance as GM the last few years has been mediocre at best.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I don't think it's fair to say he "inherited" a gold mine, as he was a senior executive under Tallon during the building of the core. He absolutely played a role in the construction of the team, plus he worked a considerable amount of cap magic work as well in extending Toews, Kane, and Keith, acquiring Hossa, and in various free agent and other deals.

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad