(POLL) What Do The Jets Do on The All Star Break

What Do The Jets Do During The All Star Break?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
What do you do?

Getting Poolman back should help. I haven't seen Josh Morrissey so lost at times, since his first season playing with Buff, when Buff was roaming out of position. With Poolman there was usually good spacing between the two, allowing for effective defending, puck movement and breakouts.

I'd be trying to find somebody that can be a regular partner for Pionk, someone strong in front of the net. Maybe like a Mark Borowiecki. Kulikov needed to be a top 4 defenseman for us, as he was with Myers last year, when Buff went down. Not sure I see it, and we know he isn't coming back. Ask for a trade list. Make a lateral move.

We need the PK to work. So practice, practice, practice. Watch video. Prescout. Prepare. Change the PP. Wheeler on the boards shouldn't be the only way he gets the puck. How hard is it to incorporate. Connor to slide out to the half wall with Wheeler circling up top with Pionk and moving around Laine, in tighter to receive a bumper pass from Connor, or at different angle 45 degrees from Wheeler, with less sticks in the lane. Keep Scheifele around the net.

Player we are probably missing the most right now is Bryan Little. He's the guy that can get the GTG,/GWG, win the draw, give a good 40 second shift on the PK, or make a strong defensive read to alleviate scoring chances.

I mean we most certainly miss Buff too, but the way our defense is less aggressive this year, pinching down, you almost think that the system has been created to play without him. I wonder if he would still get free reign if he returned.

I don't know if the team needs a shakeup or just a spark right now. Confidence seems a bit fragile, which isn't uncommon with younger teams.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
They’ll do nothing, undecided if that’s the right move. I’m ready to move on from Maurice, but I think they’ll wait until season’s end, unless things go completely off the rails.
A new coach is unlikely to turn the team’s fortunes around but it might be a chance to assess the roster and see what options he has going forward.

Reactions: kanadalainen

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
Actually, I think it’s high time someone - and I’m not suggesting any specific player here - puts a fart at Pomo backstage.

Reactions: kanadalainen

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Perhaps they announce that Pomo has signed an extension the way they announced re/upping Stu at the trade deadline many seasons back. :sarcasm:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Chevy should go out and get a number 2 or a number one defenseman. I can't see how he is handcuffed by Buff because wouldn't his salary go on long-term injured reserve?
Maybe. Maybe not.

That's the issue Chevy is facing. Until the arbitration ruling between the league and the NHLPA is settled Chevy has no idea where that money is going to end up. If the arbitrator rules in favor of the NHLPA and Buff, the Jets owe Buff his full salary for wrongly suspending him. He can't spend a dime of Buff's salary until the ruling results are known and even then, there will be nothing to spend if NHLPA/Buff win the ruling.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Lopsided poll, "Do nothing" wins by a wide margin. Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad