(POLL) What Do The Jets Do on The All Star Break

What Do The Jets Do During The All Star Break?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
And then perplexingly went away from the heavy, fast attacking style of game that other teams feared. Every game we heard comments about how big and skilled the Jets were.

So are you advocating for firing the coach after a 114 point season?

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Likely nothing. Changing the coach feels like a desperate move, considering it won't change the makeup of the roster. The Jets have a player problem, our defence looks terrible and there's nothing we can do to change it. Byfuglien is handcuffing the team by sitting out.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
So are you advocating for firing the coach after a 114 point season?
No but I was at the mid point last season when the team was obviously having issues. Analytics were plummeting. Same talk as earlier this year. The team was getting better results than they deserved and were going to crash.

If you recall much of Jan/Feb/March was spent rumour mongering about issues in the locker room, alleged affairs etc. Something was wrong with the team. Same issues are apparent now only they have an AHL defense to boot. So the results are even worse.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
No but I was at the mid point last season when the team was obviously having issues. Analytics were plummeting. Same talk as earlier this year. The team was getting better results than they deserved and were going to crash.

If you recall much of Jan/Feb/March was spent rumour mongering about issues in the locker room, alleged affairs etc. Something was wrong with the team. Same issues are apparent now only they have an AHL defense to boot. So the results are even worse.

An argument can definitely be made after the turn of the new year last season.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
2 years ago as in the year we had 114 points - good for 2nd in the league overall?

I'm all for making a change now - but that team was special and coaching was part of that magnificent season, the best for any NHL team in Winnipeg.
True, but the following year the wheels fell off with the same team and the same coach. What is the explanation for this? (rhetorical :) )

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
True, but the following year the wheels fell off with the same team and the same coach. What is the explanation for this? (rhetorical :) )
He changed the systems in the off season. He changed them again this year. Both changes have made the team progressively worse.

He also stuck with things that clearly weren't working, because they worked in 2017-18. That 2017-18 was too talented to fail, even when he tried to keep Kyle Connor off of it.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
How do you not make a coaching change? But then again how do you not make a coaching change 2 years ago

I think the getting to the WCF was as good as it gets with Maurice.
I think that season was the exclamation point on his coaching career as everybody was on the same page and we were pretty damned exciting to watch.
I just don’t think Paul can get anymore out of this particular group , you can’t go home again.
Last season we presumably a better group overall but still stumbled badly down the stretch.
This year appears to be heading in that direction.
I don’t hate Maurice but it’s time to make a complete change behind the bench.
I think Cheveldayoff gets 2 more seasons to fix this up by making a few changes up front.
I’m guessing we stand pat the remainder of this season which I’m guessing won’t sit well with some players which compounds a problem within the dressing room.
This week nothing happens the season plays out as is.

Last edited:

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
How do you not make a coaching change? But then again how do you not make a coaching change 2 years ago

Yeah how did we not fire him two years ago when we were top of the Central, third in the league, and everyone on here was planning the parade.

Reactions: Jet

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Should be a coaching change. Maurice sure, but I'm more into getting rid of Huddy. Franchise has been substandard on the defensive side of things even with all the personnel changes.

Also, Chevy needs to come out this week and declare whether the team is a seller or not. Not expecting anything to happen though, we all know how passive he is until something splashes TSNs front page in a bad way for the team.

Reactions: VictoriaJetsFan

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He changed the systems in the off season. He changed them again this year. Both changes have made the team progressively worse.

He also stuck with things that clearly weren't working, because they worked in 2017-18. That 2017-18 was too talented to fail, even when he tried to keep Kyle Connor off of it.

Yup time to stop blaming personnel and see if a different coach can get better results then what we have seen the last few years.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Should be a coaching change. Maurice sure, but I'm more into getting rid of Huddy. Franchise has been substandard on the defensive side of things even with all the personnel changes.

Also, Chevy needs to come out this week and declare whether the team is a seller or not. Not expecting anything to happen though, we all know how passive he is until something splashes TSNs front page in a bad way for the team.

Huddy can go as well but I would imagine he is doing as directed by Maurice. Changing the assistants won't change things defensively when the architect of the defensive scheme is still sitting in his chair.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Misread the title, and voted what I want them to do :skeptic:

I want a trade, but they are not going to do shit...

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Nothing but Maurice needed to go 6 months ago. Now hes calling out certain players but letting his coasting beloved vets off the hook.

You can almost guess what the issues were now last season, its quite obvious that lots of players likely are getting tired of the lack of accountability for certain vets. That would kill your room quick.. Paul and Blake being the 2 biggest problems imo. Its starting again.. Wheeler calling out the youth and Maurice doing the same but nothing towards 55 and 26s lack of caring

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
Honestly, for the first time since 2011 I feel fairly despondent over where this organization sits currently. I basically just don’t fully trust that Chevy is poised to make the kind of changes that are necessary to get things back on track.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Chevy should go out and get a number 2 or a number one defenseman. I can't see how he is handcuffed by Buff because wouldn't his salary go on long-term injured reserve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad