(POLL) What Do The Jets Do on The All Star Break

What Do The Jets Do During The All Star Break?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
I voted they do nothing, but I think that’s completely the wrong decision. I think PoMo needs to go; I don’t have the hate for him that others around here have (I understand the D-core Chevy gave him this year is worse than useless) but he’s had long enough and a new voice in the dressing would be a good thing.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Do nothing.

Buff situation continues to handcuff the organization so any sort of trade would be minor.

Firing Maurice would be satisfying (I'm pissed at him for calling out Ehlers last night) though I don't think it does anything particularly for the organization. Plus TNSE is too loyal and I think they'll opt to not renew his contract instead. Best case scenario is they do fire Maurice but they'll likely just slide Kompon up and we don't get a dead cat bounce anyway. Season is done.

Buff's details will likely never come out. He'll either come back or he won't and that will be the decider in the arbitration. If he can play, he gets paid. If he can't the Jets don't pay and he retires anyway. But nothing will happen on the break.

Worst case scenario is they trade Ehlers for a D-man which would be foolish.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
While the defense isn't great I think a new voice in the room is needed. The team seems largely stale now and I don't think the players are as engaged and receptive to Moe's messaging.
  • Also don't believe the correct system is being employed
  • Forwards aren't buying in defensively
  • Maurice has started calling out players but only certain ones

I would also like to see a deal but I doubt one happens until the Buff situation is resolved.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
They didn't treat this as a mini rebuild season from the start (like they should have) by focusing on playing younger players etc, so I don't see them changing course now. Season's been lost for a while (imo), and at this point I don't think there's much to be done to redeem it. Yes Maurice should be (and should have been a while ago) let go, but they've let him go this long, if they're gonna dump him it'll just be by not renewing the contract. I don't think they'll be active now, or at TDL.

Reactions: Guardian17

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Do nothing. But they should be taking stock of the situation and create a plan (if one doesn’t exist already) at a GM/Ownership level if this poor performance continues. They should create a short term plan (possible hire Pascal Vincent as interm coach) and long term plan for this summer (create a initial coach list possibly including Pascal). Plus start looking at possible hockey trades to improve the team and looking at possible FA top 4 D.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The only thing i think will happen , MAYBE , is a update on Buff and Little .

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Next 8 days using lots of this...

thumb.aspx

Reactions: Jets 31 and JetsUK

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
How do you not make a coaching change? But then again how do you not make a coaching change 2 years ago
2 years ago as in the year we had 114 points - good for 2nd in the league overall?

I'm all for making a change now - but that team was special and coaching was part of that magnificent season, the best for any NHL team in Winnipeg.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
2 years ago as in the year we had 114 points - good for 2nd in the league overall?

I'm all for making a change now - but that team was special and coaching was part of that magnificent season, the best for any NHL team in Winnipeg.
And then perplexingly went away from the heavy, fast attacking style of game that other teams feared. Every game we heard comments about how big and skilled the Jets were.

Reactions: Jet and hn777

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Do nothing.

A new coach will still have to play Bitteto, Sbisa et al.

A big trade involving one of our top six forwards for a top pairing d-man is more likely accomplished in the off-season.

Wait for the Byfuglien situation to be resolved.

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011
Do nothing... what motivation do they have to do anything. And if they fire any of the GM or coach I wont be surprised to see any TNSE shill instated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad