Series Talk: (POLL) Do you think the Pens will qualify for the 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs?

Will the Penguins make the 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs?

• Total voters

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
This is about the perfect time to ask this question. The real test for the faithful and the doomers, after everything that's been said.
How much do they believe their own words, when it comes down to it?
It's tight as hell in the standings and the Pens are slipping right now. There's 6 strong teams in the Metro and only 5 spots (at most) up for grabs.

1672493841863.png

In or out? Call your shot! Explain your reasoning so we have some juicy stuff to look back on in April.

Last edited:

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
They'll get in as the 8th I think. If I'm wrong we get a small chance at a Top 10 pick (if the Lottery is kind) and that'll be something to look forward to.

Edit: I'll add If I'm right, we upset Boston in the first round but then lose in the 2nd round.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Oh they're going to qualify, I think. I don't think they'll do anything much as the team currently stands and is coached.

But we already broke the streak anyway, so... :dunno:

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
But we already broke the streak anyway, so...

On May 28, the NHL stated that both the Round-robin and the Qualifying Round were to be counted under playoff records, on the same day that the league declared the winners of the stats-based regular-season NHL awards.[7] The league then announced on June 4 that all series after the Qualifying Round would remain a best-of-seven series but were re-seeded after each round.[8] With the ratification of an extension to the collective bargaining agreement on July 10, the league also announced that all teams participating in the Qualifying Round are considered to have made the playoffs and have participated in a playoff series.[9]
The team had the 7th best record in the NHL when forced to play the qualifier. Best record among all teams who had to do it. 40-23-6.

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I voted no because that’s what should happen in a fair sports world lol…this team loves streaks, bad and good…it’s very bipolar and they shouldn’t be rewarded for their inconsistency…if they show me in Feb or Mar that they can dominate good teams consistently, then they deserve the playoffs; otherwise I’m not voting for them lol

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Depends.
How many games remaining are against playoff teams?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yes, they’re going to make the playoffs. Either as the 3 seed in the metro or the WC1 seed, with the Islanders and Capitals battling it out for the WC2 spot.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Barring major injuries to a lot of key guys, I think they'll make it. I just don't think they'll get out of the first round again.

They're in that "good enough to rack up enough points against mediocre teams over 82 games, but not good enough to beat a good team in a 7-game series" stage.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I think people are overreacting to another bad losing streak. They’ll make it.

The team has shown it can play well when they give a crap. Not well enough to beat good teams but well enough to make into the playoffs where half the league does.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We all have zero expectations and are mostly doom and gloom so I think this is the year the Pens will defy expectations and make another deep run. We'll get to the ECF and then lose to the Leafs or Tampa.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh

The team has shown it can play well when they give a crap.
that's a big part of the problem. they think they can just flip a switch. and then they can't or it's too late.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

The team has shown it can play well when they give a crap. Not well enough to beat good teams but well enough to make into the playoffs where half the league does.
Who is overreacting? 93% of votes say they'll make it. Only 2 people have voted that they won't.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Who is overreacting? 93% of votes say they'll make it. Only 2 people have voted that they won't.
Fair enough. I didn't get a chance to see last nights game but the post game thread made it sound like the sky was falling. Not that I haven't ever overreacted after a rough game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00