Pokemon Thread #19: Pokemon Go! Step aside for now S&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyerMaker66*

I wonder if the area affects the type of Pokémon you see.

I noticed down by the water you will see more water pokemon but it might be a coincidence.

I caught like 6 Ratatas while at the grocery store... Not reassuring.
it does impact it somewhat. I generally only see Ghost pokemon in 2 places (one is near an abandoned psych ward iirc). Clefairy and Geodude hang out by the mountain. Magikarp by the bay.

The only one that stuck out for me was when i fought a squirtle in downtown Hamilton/Stoney Creek but it was near the "Red Hill Creek"

DyerMaker66*

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
[spoil]I better not encounter a shiny wimpod in the wild. I'll be pissed it if flees before I can catch it.[/spoil]

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Pretty sure that Hyper Training is for Pokemon transferred from the RBY eShop games, where the IV's are all wonky and don't follow current rules.

IV's and EV's were completely overhauled after Gen 2 which is why you couldn't transfer from GSC to RSE. The math calculating those stats is different.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I guess it's better than encountering an Abra in the wild. I always got furious when Abra teleported before I could catch it in older games.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
[spoil]That Webear was the only Pokemon I saw that I didn't like..[/spoil]
[spoil]Are you a child? :sarcasm:[/spoil]

[spoil]But honestly, I really like those new abilities. Stamina could make that mud horse a better physical tank than Hippowdon. Wimp out could be neat competitively as it seems to be a free eject button - but it could also be very bad. Regarding triage though, I wish it was a +2 priority, or even +3, because as it stands it's just a worse prankster - unless moves like draining kiss and giga drain are also affected. Disguise is gimmick, but it's nice. Fluffy is quite interesting, but it appears to be a worse version than fur coat (since there really aren't much special attacks that makes contact, but there's a lot of physical attacks that do not make contact - namely rock and ground type moves)[/spoil]

[spoil]Also, I really hope that despite that meh ability, Wimpode is a water/bug version of Volcarona, and that it gains a better ability when evolving. WE NEED A QUIVER DANCER SCALDER.[/spoil]

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
[spoil]Just thinking about it, Disguise + Focus Sash = it takes 3 turns to kill unless multi-damaging move assuming no entry hazards. That's neat.[/spoil]

Jan 3, 2012
Hatched a Diglett and a Chansey

Chansey is ugly af

Accidently powered up a venonat so im only at 24k stardust now... back under 25 :(

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Maybe in caves then? That's where you originally found Mewtwo in pokemon red version.

I bet there's lots of secrets Nintendiac placed in there that no one knows about.

As for Mew, I guess I'll keep looking under trucks! Lol jk

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Some guy datamined the game and apparently Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos, Mew and Mewtwo do not have a catch rate.

I've heard that the birds will be gym rewards for a week held or something. But that was one person probably quoting the internet.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I read that the legendaries will be event only.

I hope it's like select Gamestops and not forcing people to make a trip to the Pokemon store.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
This game isn't all that fun in its current state for me. Really irritated the step thing still isn't working. As much as I love never finding the cool things that are nearby, could we please fix this already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad