Who do you take going forward?

• Brayden

• William

Results are only viewable after voting.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I guess it's possible, in the same way Marner may one day have some Milan Lucic in his game.
Are you really that simple?

Brayden Point.

More refined overall game and I love his grit and motor. Nylander probably has more talent and more offensive upside... but Point puts it all together far better right now.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I guess it's possible, in the same way Marner may one day have some Milan Lucic in his game.

Ok there you have it folks, it's settled. Nylander will never improve defensively ever again, he's peaked. This is exactly how he will remain for the next 15ish years, great to get that out of the way.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Point until Nylander takes the next step, if he does. I wasn't a fan of his this year but he is still veyr young and has played well. It's just expectations and his play compared to the other of the "big three" means expectations are higher, and he failed to meet them, especially after his dominant worlds performance.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Point easily, and I think he has the higher offensive upside too. He was an absolute monster in the WHL

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Point. I take the centre.

Imagine a centre depth (obviously some play wing) of Couture, Pavelski, Thornton, Point, Hertl, Tierney. 5 legit 1st/2nd line centres, and Tierney is a good young player. Point would be a perfect fit now and long term.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
If I have to choose one of those 2 to my team, it is Point.
I think him and Larkin will be the best 2 way centers from that draft and probably top-5 overall from this draft when we look back (and I´m not a fan of either team).
We could all just pretend Tampa took Point in the first round and that D-man in the third :P

member 147413

Will be interesting to see how they develop in the next few years. Too tough a choice right now. Both very young players in good roles with their teams and producing well. Hope they both get better.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Close but Point for me
All around he is a little better than Nylander who I think has a little more offensive punch to his game but not much

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
why aren't you asking people saying the opposite to clarify? Why do you always request people voting for a leafs player and never the people voting for the Tampa player?
I would if someone said something like that about a Tampa player. I was genuinely interested. As far as offensive tools go Point has the better shot, but Nylanders better at carrying the puck across the blue line. Haven't seen enough of either player to determine who's better at other offensive tools.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad