GDT: PO Game 3: Columbus vs. Washington | 4/17 7:30PM | NBCSN, FSOhio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
I wouldn’t consider that TONS of tickets for sale on Stubhub. Plus cheapest seat is $120. It will be beyond a full house.
Cheapest is actually $104 which isn't bad at all for playoffs. And there are a significant amount still available....obviously it'll be a big crowd.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Calvert interviewed Sunday night....commented on coming home to NWA and how all the fans in lower bowl stood for the entire games last year. Said it made it hard for his short wife to see, but was amazing for the team. Said he may have to buy his wife glass seats though. It would be awesome for playoff game standing during play being a tradition.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
My wife remarked about how quiet their arena was when they were down 4-3. I said that's because they've been through this nightmare before. I expect our building to be the exact opposite. If we can get an early goal and blow the roof off the place I really like our chances to take the series. Nationwide Arena is going to be madness.

I also am very curious to see how Torts chooses to match lines now that we have last change.

Reactions: Sore Loser

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I could see standing the whole 3rd period. But standing the whole game???? why pay big money for seats if you are just going to stand the whole game. By the SRO tickets, they are probably cheaper. (I guess I am just being contrary this morning).

Reactions: thebus88

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
My wife remarked about how quiet their arena was when they were down 4-3. I said that's because they've been through this nightmare before. I expect our building to be the exact opposite. If we can get an early goal and blow the roof off the place I really like our chances to take the series. Nationwide Arena is going to be madness.

I also am very curious to see how Torts chooses to match lines now that we have last change.

Hopefully Torts tries to match up the Backstrom line and Niskanen/Orpik with Dubois and co. They really exploited them at 5-on-5 in G1

I could see standing the whole 3rd period. But standing the whole game???? why pay big money for seats if you are just going to stand the whole game. By the SRO tickets, they are probably cheaper. (I guess I am just being contrary this morning).

I'm pretty sure everyone in my section (105) was standing the entire game for games 3 and most of 4 last year. I enjoy it, it feels like an OSU football game in the student section when everyone stands, cheers, and gets into the game :)

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Was hoping to see Wennberg get back into lineup. Get well soon Wenny, we could use you.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio

I'm sure the excitement and new car feel of the playoffs will wear off and fans will fall back into their seats eventually. Jackets fans have more than paid their dues to this league. They're just willing a way for this team to get over the hump.

1,377 games and 0 playoff series wins. Then you have Vegas who can clinch their first playoff series tonight after only 86 games played.:(

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
My wife loves buying playoff/special event merchandise. It could get ugly tonight.

I hate free shirts. I’m not a xl. I don’t need a xtra large shirt. Now I just have to carry it around, have it roll around the laundry room. Bahhhh

Can't say I hate anything that is free. But I get it, the one size fits all approach doesn't work for most.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Going to game 4, would love to be able to see a sweep.

Stick the dagger in them tonight. I can't wait to hear and see the crowd, and I bet the players can't either. If we take an early lead, the Caps might not be able to recover with the Nationwide crowd being what it is.

Also, discount the haters. Sure we got outplayed in game 2, but we also outscored them 5 on 5 again. Not only that, but isn't that how you're supposed to win playoff games on the road anyways? Make the most of your chances and have your goalie steal a few? We did just that, and now we get to come home where the players, and the crowd, can dictate the play. I like our chances.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Came here to ask this. Are those shirts lower bowl only? I assume the towels will be handed out as you enter the building
Awesome. Gonna be in the crowd tonight, we're trying to get there around 5ish (usually don't get there til after 6) but we're gonna try to hit up Rbar and Potle before the game!

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
ive got dinner reservations at 5. i hope to get over to the arena with plenty of time to catch playoff warm ups.

watching warmups is my happy place in life. there is no pressure. ive got a fresh cold beer and snack. they play the good music then, just happy to have made it to the seats finally resting from the days work, now its time to chill.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad