GDT: PO Game 3: Columbus vs. Washington | 4/17 7:30PM | NBCSN, FSOhio

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Torts can't dress Sonny in the next game. He has no confidence in him, benches a whole line, and it assures 2-3 players at under 8 minutes and loading up on the other forwards.

I actually think he'd give the BeerMan more minutes and could work them up to 8-10 minutes (likely more for Letestu because of FO and PK duties). Bjork hasn't produced offensively for a while, but he's not been a defensive liability. Unfortunately Bjork has offensively regressed since Jan. The start was the 2-1 Dallas game win when he scored both CBJ goals only to generate the "needs to check" thank you from Torts in the presser. Since then he's tried to become a player he's not, trying to grind in corners and no longer floating to open spaces for assists and good SOG. Assuming his comfidence isn't wrecked, he's good for 10 minutes on the 4th line.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
True but Jackets looked more tired than Caps imo.
That’s because the capitals coach has used his 4 lines in game 2 , and game 3 . Point the finger at Torts , the loss is on him , he let the team down last night . Milano or Bjorkstrand , or Letestu for that matter , have done nothing to show that they shouldn’t be playing . The main reason we had a 13-1-1 streak , or whatever it was , after the deadline, was that we could roll 4 lines , and let’s be real , Milano and Bjorkstrand add a lot of speed , and goal scoring to the team . You have to play and trust the horses that got you there , especially at home , where you get the last change. So , am i surprised that we were gassed in game 3, in double overtime , when all the games have went to overtime , and torts is playing 3 lines , absolutely not . If Wennberg isn’t back for game 4 , and he stays with this strategy , Washington will come back and win this series

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I saw nothing wrong with Sonny's play during the 43 second of ice time Torts gave him last nite.

Torts is hurting the team with his refusal to give Sonny a real chance and overusing his other three lines.

Reactions: The Bread Man

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Well, I just about lost my voice last night. Great game other than the disturbance near us that required usher intervention (some people need to lay off the booze).

Thought the Jackets played a good game, as did the Caps. So many posts and crossbars, but that's how it goes.

For those that wonder why Milano isn't playing very much, just look at him in his own zone, he's really bad. For all of his offensive potential, he has not developed an all-around game yet, and Torts won't have him out there as a liability. Bjorkstrand isn't much better and quite frankly has regressed since early in the season. Dubi just doesn't have it anymore - he's lost a stride or three and is basically a face-off man and penalty killer now.

Have no feel for how game 4 plays out. Would behoove the Jackets to score the first goal for once....make the Caps play catch-up.

We desperately need to her Wennberg back. I made the comment to my buddy at the game that Dubinsky was literally only on the ice to take faceoffs. Torts would through Dubis line out to take a draw and then they would change immediately. And then like every third shift Folignos line would come out.

It's absolutely crucial that we get Wennberg back so everyone is properly slotted and we can roll all 4 lines.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I saw nothing wrong with Sonny's play during the 43 second of ice time Torts gave him last nite.

Torts is hurting the team with his refusal to give Sonny a real chance and overusing his other three lines.
Absolutely . Not every player has to be able to check someone thru the wall . Torts used this same strategy when we faced all the injuries , during the regular season . He abandoned the guys that were playing well , and went to 3 lines , and we nearly fell out of the playoff race . I mean , I’ve seen Anderson screw up and take a bad penalty that nearly cost us game one , I saw 2 players take back to back slashing penalties that gave them a 5-3 last night , yet Sonny , Bjorkstrand, and Letestu were glued to the bench because they might mess up . Man I’m so pissed this morning

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Been a strange series. CBJ are taking too many penalties - if we avoid those I think we're in great shape.
Thursday's game is critical. We need that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad