GDT: PO Game 2: Columbus at Washington | 4/15 7:30PM | NBCSN/FS-Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Going to the mains..... WHOOOOOO Who...

I want to explain that the CBJ PP was ranked 8th in the league since the trade deadline, and apparent in this series with the Caps..

I may never post again... :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 55113

I'm a bit new to the CBJ team, but what exactly did Milano do to get only 3 mins ice time? Is his defensive play that bad, or is he easily taken off the puck? Unfortunately I don't get a chance to watch the games, even on TV.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Robert.. to say Ovechkin doesn't work hard and just stands at the circle is really bs. I don't like him either, but the SOB works his frickin arse off. During the game Tuesday watch how many shifts he doubles up. The guy is everywhere on the ice and he is pretty long in the tooth these days.

With that said knowing he got 2 power play goals, & we got outshot so badly... hell they had over 60 shots, yet we won the game. Bobby had a save % of 93%.

Weren't you the one saying something about playoff Bob? Sergei wants to know, "How do you like me now???" Just rattling your chain there big guy..

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Matty Calvert.. imagine that.. got something in my eye rewatching that play over and over again. Might be prettier than Panar.. nah it wasn't but it was a big frickin goal right there.

All I can say is Wow.. just wow.. our little Jackets have grown up. Matt Calvert OTGWG... Cam Atkinson two goals.. these are the days 20 years of dreaming is made of.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Robert.. to say Ovechkin doesn't work hard and just stands at the circle is really bs. I don't like him either, but the SOB works his frickin arse off. During the game Tuesday watch how many shifts he doubles up. The guy is everywhere on the ice and he is pretty long in the tooth these days.

With that said knowing he got 2 power play goals, & we got outshot so badly... hell they had over 60 shots, yet we won the game. Bobby had a save % of 93%.

Weren't you the one saying something about playoff Bob? Sergei wants to know, "How do you like me now???" Just rattling your chain there big guy..
I don't recall saying anything about working hard??? Ovi is what he is... a pure sniper and TV commercial guru... He was invisible in game one... Oh, how many DC President Trophy's have crashed and burned...? If Washington would give me Ovechkin for free I would say keep him...

As for Bob.. His past CBJ playoff history is vs one team.... Pittsburgh and the scary guy Sidney Crosby... Not to good eh, that's why we wanted Washington in the first round... He still struggles to get focused but knows he can beat Washington.... We will see vs Pitt in round two..

Last edited:

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
This is what it's all about. Watching and attending all of these games since 2000, these are the type of games we all imagined when this team was a thought of McConnell and his partners. To wait this many years to have a 2-0 lead in a playoff series is amazing. Keep it up and make us proud at home now boys.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Im surprised that they didn't call it off sides. Calling Dubois on GI when he is driving the net with the puck on his stick. not calling some of the garbage in our crease we have won two despite the Refs. Sorry that Barton guy got hurt again though

Last edited:
Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
This is what it's all about. Watching and attending all of these games since 2000, these are the type of games we all imagined when this team was a thought of McConnell and his partners. To wait this many years to have a 2-0 lead in a playoff series is amazing. Keep it up and make us proud at home now boys.
Is it 18 years??? When Nationwide opened I asked Doug when we will win a playoff series.... he said, Robert, it will be 2018!!!

lol

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Im surprised that they didn't call it off sides. Calling Dubois on GI when he is driving the puck with it on his stick. not calling some of garbage in our crease we have won two despite the Refs. Sorry that Barton guy got hurt again though

The Dubois penalty and both GI calls on Foligno this series have been absolutely atrocious. Mind blowingly bad calls.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Roenick in slow mo pointing that Wilson blows a wide open net from the exact point that Ovie buried it - couldn't have happened to bigger *****e bag. I hope Ovie kicks his ass in their locker room
We missed a lot of nets too... our shots on goal was so low based on missed nets... If I were coach the boys would be shooting 100 pucks an hour until Tuesday...

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
If Washington would give me Ovechkin for free I would say keep him.... We will see vs Pitt in round two..

Its-Not-A-Lie-If-You-Believe-It-Seinfeld.gif

I'm reminded of the Seinfeld quote, "It's not a lie if you believe it"

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
The best part of the last two games is the CBJ have played well but they haven't played their best hockey. Tighten up so no sloppy penalties is an easy improvement.

That's the hilarious thing to me...the sour Caps fans "We've been better team on the ice." Good for you! Jackets have taken some dumb penalties and the refs have called some dumb penalties. This series has played out in Caps favor so far and they've still haven't been able to win. I just don't know how Caps fans can expect to come back if they couldn't win either of these games that were gifted to them. The penalties won't keep going against CBJ, so Caps will have to find another way to make it a series.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
So many reasons to be thrilled with this win, 3 that stick out to me

1)BOB, the real Bob

2)Werenski, 1 huge mistake on the puck over the glass, but otherwise that was his best game in a long time I thought. He asserted himself, was more physical. Keep that up, stop it with the dumb penalties, and keep rolling

3) Still amazing how Calvert got that puck in the back of the net, He used his leg for leverage and flicked it in with only 1 hand on his stick. If it was Cindy, it would have it's own thread on the main's

#CBJ

Last edited:

WashedUp

Mar 28, 2014
Caps will be desperate now, hopefully the penalty parade will shift to them.

Somebody kidnap the fire Marshall, we need to put 20000 in there Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad