GDT: PO Game 2: Columbus at Washington | 4/15 7:30PM | NBCSN/FS-Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Ive said in the past I wish we could have a team with the never quit attitude of teams from a few years ago but with the skill of the last couple years and I finally think we have that. Its not always pretty but they find a way and winning 2 road games to start a playoffs series is never expected and usually isnt ever pretty

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Walking into work this morning like...

giphy.gif

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Also how huge is it that our 4th liners can be trusted for 14+ minutes in a game. I understand it was an OT game but still, for most of the regular season our 4th line couldnt even sniff 10 minutes, now they can be on the ice in critical moments without us turning blue in the face from holding our breath

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Also how huge is it that our 4th liners can be trusted for 14+ minutes in a game. I understand it was an OT game but still, for most of the regular season our 4th line couldnt even sniff 10 minutes, now they can be on the ice in critical moments without us turning blue in the face from holding our breath

Except Bjork played under 10. And Sonny played just barely over 3.

I'm hoping Torts might change his approach to their ice time at home where he can better dictate matchups, but I'm not counting on it.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
It depends on how/who you consider fourth-liners. It is cool that Matty and Dubi and Andy were around that TOI, but Torts has trust issues sometimes.
Im surprised with Bjork because hes atleast using his speed to work defensively so hes not useless even though his offense isnt there yet

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Except Bjork played under 10. And Sonny played just barely over 3.

I'm hoping Torts might change his approach to their ice time at home where he can better dictate matchups, but I'm not counting on it.
Torts does have a tendency to do that in the playoffs. Remember Stu Bickel having only 3 minutes of playing time during a triple overtime game against the Rangers in 2011 (Gabby scored the OT winner btw).

However, the only egregious one was Bjorkie last night, I thought he was flying and making positive things happen the few shifts he had in the 3rd.

We'll see though. On to game 3

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I don't know how you can make any judgements on someone who is given less than 3 minutes of ice time.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
If you're just making a statement here, I totally agree. If you're suggesting that some are making such a judgement, I'm not seeing them.

Prob referring to whatever judgement Torts is making..

To add my own 2 cents... don't blame Torts at all. I don't think Milano is ready for the playoffs.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

SpecialK8

Apr 16, 2018
It's amazing to see the city rally behind the Blue Jackets right now. Columbus most definitely has hockey fever.

As an aside, I drive Uber and I think I've seen more CBJ jerseys/shirts/jackets/hats and had more CBJ discussions these past two weeks than I had seen/heard in the past 2 1/2 years combined, maybe excluding "the streak" last season. People are genuinely interested in what's going on with this team. It's really cool to see.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
Prob referring to whatever judgement Torts is making..

To add my own 2 cents... don't blame Torts at all. I don't think Milano is ready for the playoffs.

I think he was a victim of the situation more than Torts not liking him or Milano not being ready for the playoffs. So much of that game was spent on a powerplay or penalty kill and we had to come back from a deficit as well. Milano isn't going to get powerplay time or penalty kill time in the playoffs and putting him out there in overtime when you don't fully trust him defensively isn't going to happen. The only time he's going to play are stretches where we're able to roll 4 lines at 5v5 and there just weren't that many of those in the last game due to the high number of special teams play. Then when things get back to 5on5 you want to get your best guys back into regular rhythm so Milano and Bjorkstrand have to wait their turn again. They're the last guys on the bench of a deep team. Someone has to be.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
However, the only egregious one was Bjorkie last night, I thought he was flying and making positive things happen the few shifts he had in the 3rd.

I was shocked the stats showed less than 10 minutes. It looked to me that he was on the ice almost 15-20 minutes.

The only change I might make is to give Nuti a little more ice time. I think you can trust him for more than 16 minutes a nite, can't play Jones 30 minutes a nite. I don't think.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad