Series Discussion: PLOFFS ROUND UNO: [3]FLAMES vs. [2]CANUCKS OFFICIAL DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Does anyone here do the NHL Playoff Bracket Challenge? I try to do it every year, and this year I noticed that you can join leagues and do it with friends. Would anyone be interested in doing one for the group of us on HF Flames? I've gone ahead and made a league already, it's private but if anyone wants to be a part of it, let me know and I'll send you an invite. :)

Yeah I'm.in

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I can't help but cheer for the Flames. Started back in '89 I guess when y'all beat those habs.

xMatMcC

Jun 27, 2014
NL
Am I over hopeful when I say that I think Sam Bennett will hugely impress tonight, so much so he earns himself a spot on the starting roster for the ploffs? Every year it seems like one player comes out of no where, and is the deciding factor in many games for his respective team. I'm thinking this years player could be Sam Bennett? His determination and drive to win could be that last peice of the puzzle we need to grind our way through the playoffs!

I Boblieve

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
The reason Raymond is in the lineup is he's one of those naturally offensive skilled guys with speed and the big shot that can make a big offensive play at any moment just like the play he made on hudler's goal against la that was the game winner.

Obviously he isn't consistent in that manner like a Hudler but he is still an asset. You can't have four or five Raymond's in the lineup but he supplements grinders like Bouma, colborne, Stajan quite well.

So no to dressing Bennett over him at this time. Maybe later in the series if needed.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
How I see game one, if today's Jets game was any sort of audition.

JG /Monahan / Hudler
Ferland / Bennett / Jooris
Bouma / Backlund / Jones
Bollig / Stajan / Colborne

DMan pairings are up in the air. Diaz might be healthy enough to return.

If not Bennett, I would even say Shore/Byron.

But Raymond has to sit for game one.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The reason Raymond is in the lineup is he's one of those naturally offensive skilled guys with speed and the big shot that can make a big offensive play at any moment just like the play he made on hudler's goal against la that was the game winner.

Obviously he isn't consistent in that manner like a Hudler but he is still an asset. You can't have four or five Raymond's in the lineup but he supplements grinders like Bouma, colborne, Stajan quite well.

So no to dressing Bennett over him at this time. Maybe later in the series if needed.

Bennett can also make drop passes and skill plays, so that's not a reason to sit him in my opinion.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Raymond is playing awful. He is skating scared. You can see it in his posture and his strides. He's aftaid, and has zero swagger.
Pucks fumbling off his stick, can't stick handle right now, can't finish a check, turtles on the boards and loses possession.

But, he is playing awful, he isn't an awful player.

Sitting a game might work again.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Raymond is playing awful. He is skating scared. You can see it in his posture and his strides. He's aftaid, and has zero swagger.
Pucks fumbling off his stick, can't stick handle right now, can't finish a check, turtles on the boards and loses possession.

But, he is playing awful, he isn't an awful player.

Sitting a game might work again.

Completely agree. Last time he was sat out a game, he came back really strong.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I wanted to play Vancouver and Nashville this year. Hopefully we don't run into the Ducks (although Hiller might stand on his head against his old team).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad