• Cristiano Ronaldo

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I agree with everything except he was still the best after his injuries. He wasn't. Zidane and others were better IMO.

It may not have been for the whole time* or by as clear a margin as it was in the late '90s, but (for me), Ronaldo was still the best footballer around in the early 2000s. At the very least, he was in the discussion every season...even after he got fat.

*as Zidane, Nedved, & Dinho did probably surpass him briefly at certain points.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't think Ronaldo was better than Zidane after his injuries. At no point. I don't think it was close before the injuries (in favor of R9). Nedved was good, but not consitently at that level. Ronnie was better very quickly. Rivaldo was something too.
R9 might have been in the discussion, but IMO, he was never the best at any point after his injury (though I agree he was still playing at a high level).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't think Ronaldo was better than Zidane after his injuries. At no point. I don't think it was close before the injuries (in favor of R9). Nedved was good, but not consitently at that level. Ronnie was better very quickly. Rivaldo was something too.
R9 might have been in the discussion, but IMO, he was never the best at any point after his injury (though I agree he was still playing at a high level).

I may be misremembering, as I was younger back then than you...being only 13 when he pounced on Kahn's only mistake of the 2002 WC...but I recall thinking that he was still the best footballer around while wearing Real's white.

Though that may be because playing for Real was when he scored that goal that my brain still struggles to understand that I've talked about on here before.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
You'll find plenty of people ranking R9 in the top football players ever.
If I use my google search bar and search term “greatest football players of all time” the results are endless. From random schmoes to highly reputed publications, and I just don’t see it very often. I’d say I see him in ranked in peoples top 10 like less than 10% of the lists I look it.

Maybe it’s my google searches, but anyway, the thought of him in a historical top 10 is beyond insane, to me. All positions, I don’t even know if he cracks my top 10 all time Brazilians.

And I was watching. I’m turning 44 this year, so if you do the match, his career was pretty much prime time for watching soccer on fans life. Especially the Inter season as Serie was my baby back then. I must’ve watched literally close to every game.

I didn’t think he was the best Brazilian, didn’t think he was the best Serie A later either , let alone the very best.

He was crazy good, especially those two super productive seasons, but I’m sorry, I’m a talking with the kids on Instagram who gave only watched the part 3-4 years. The runs and dribbles he made for two years, one at Barca and one at Inter was not more the runs Cristiano made fir the entities of the first half of his career, before transitioning to a pure poacher. Those first few years in England and then Spain was 90 minutes of him making defenders look stupid, slow and fat.

I don’t mean to piss anyone off, but I genuinely feel that R9 is generally rated here much higher than see elsewhere. Well, here and Mourinho.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This forum overrates R9 like no place I’ve ever seen.

Even the one crazy season in Inter…Messi and Cristiano have eclipsed that like 10,11,12 times in this era.

My opinion, even in that era was that he wasn’t even the best Brazilian player of his time.

I’d like to see someone post any historical ranking, from anywhere, from anyone, where R9 is ranked so highly as he is here.
Amen, preach brother. R9 is rubbish and I also think that Maradona gets insanely hyped on this board as well. He had like two prime World Cup tourneys where he was beastly, a horrible reffed goal, and tons of cocaine. I think his personality and crazy demeanour makes him more than the player he truly was.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If I use my google search bar and search term “greatest football players of all time” the results are endless. From random schmoes to highly reputed publications, and I just don’t see it very often. I’d say I see him in ranked in peoples top 10 like less than 10% of the lists I look it.

Maybe it’s my google searches, but anyway, the thought of him in a historical top 10 is beyond insane, to me. All positions, I don’t even know if he cracks my top 10 all time Brazilians.

And I was watching. I’m turning 44 this year, so if you do the match, his career was pretty much prime time for watching soccer on fans life. Especially the Inter season as Serie was my baby back then. I must’ve watched literally close to every game.

I didn’t think he was the best Brazilian, didn’t think he was the best Serie A later either , let alone the very best.

He was crazy good, especially those two super productive seasons, but I’m sorry, I’m a talking with the kids on Instagram who gave only watched the part 3-4 years. The runs and dribbles he made for two years, one at Barca and one at Inter was not more the runs Cristiano made fir the entities of the first half of his career, before transitioning to a pure poacher. Those first few years in England and then Spain was 90 minutes of him making defenders look stupid, slow and fat.

I don’t mean to piss anyone off, but I genuinely feel that R9 is generally rated here much higher than see elsewhere. Well, here and Mourinho.

Then how about you show us one reputable source that has dinho ahead of original Ronaldo.

I think that original Ronaldo is viewed by the football world as the hipster pick for best player ever due to his incredible talent and best few seasons. I don’t think it’s only this website. You were given a source that thinks so outside of this website. Seems like you probably should be proving that viewpoint wrong at this point, if thats’s your opinion rather than trying to bat away examples.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad